Lydia's New Year New Me Diary

Grandad is ok at the minute, thanks for asking, he decided that he couldn't be bothered to feed himself today and either I fed him or he wasn't going to eat - I swear that man can wrap me round his little finger!!

Had a good workout in the gym today - just over an hour done!!

Glad you had a good time hon. Your comment about the PCT dolls reminds me of when I went to the Clothes Show Live. I was watching the fashion show and I told Keith the models needed some pies. "To stuff down their bras if nothing else" was his reply :D

LOL!!! Nicole the lead singer - defo has had a boob job, theres no way someone that skinny could have breakfast bowls for boobs (thats exactly what they looked like under her shiny sparkly bra!!!)

just popping in to say i hope you're doing okay.. good for you for going to the gym again! you enjoying it? :)

If weightloss was down to the gym alone, Id be a thin as a rake, I love exercising!! Am going on a 6 mile training walk tomorrow with my friend who is doing the moonwalk with me, looking forward to it, unless its raining of course - I refuse to walk in the rain.

Hope you are ok hun?

yep doing good :) dont forget to bump your fundraising thread to get more people to sponsor you! are you going to take loads of photos too? :) x

My fundraising thread was removed, evidently you're not supposed to actively seek sponsorship on this board, but I can put it in my signature which I have done. Only managed a 4 miler today, my friend who was walking with me wasn't too well so we did a shorter walk, will definintely do a 6 miler next week!

Yes I am going to take loads of pics my mum and aunty are coming down too (we are making a weekend of it) so there will videos and photos galore!!

Going to try that sweet potato with rosemary and garlic that has been advertised recently with my dinner tonight, it was on offer in Tescos (£1) hope its nice, I love sweet potatoes.

I love sweet potatoes too - must look for that in tesco - is it many points?

The sweet pot with rosemary and garlic was really lovely, 1.5 points for 100g, I think its by Mcains, I will definintely be buying more, I love sweet potato!

Well I have no idea whats going to happen at weigh in tonight, my new scales say I have put on 1lb (how I don't know) and my old scales say I have lost 1lb!!! :sigh:

Got some lovely creamy tomato soup for lunch, looking forward to that, smelt lovely when I was cooking it. Yes it really does have cream in though!! Well Elmlea, 100mls between 5 portions, 1 point a portion so not too bad.

Hiya hun, just popping by to say hi as I havent done so in a long time. Hope you're ok. Well done on all the walking you've been doing. Good luck for the week ahead

Thanks sweetie, hope you are well too.

I am livid at the moment, I STS at weigh in last night - all that hard work for STS. But am particularly annoyed with the leader who normally is lovely - as soon as I stepped on the scales they wobbled quite a bit and my weight was fluctuating from STS to loss of 1/2lb, so I pointed out that the scales were on an uneven part of the floor and really needed to be moved, I asked her to give me the 1/2lb loss but she refused and marked me down for STS, she said "just because they are wobbling doesn't mean they aren't right you know", so we had a few words over it, but she wouldn't back down or move the scales. My friend then got on and they were fluctuating between 1/2lb gain and 1lb gain (which she was gutted about) so the leader gave her the 1/2lb gain!

She then was talking to me about portion control and making sure I was weighing everything (which I do, but was fair enough comment always good to double check), she said that she noticed I lost inbetween Xmas and New Year and what did I do differently then compared to this week - I said "I had a stomach bug" and laughed, she clearly felt a little foolish and didn't find it at all funny (as we had had a long conversation about it at the time), so I made a sharp exit before she banished me from her classes!!! Really I should just keep my mouth shut cos it doesnt do me any favours :rolleyes:

Did Davina's new DVD this morning - the superpump bit - 50 mins, very hard but enjoyed it. Earnt me 3 BPS.

Sorry for the long moan, I know in the scheme of things its nothing really!!

i totally understand where you are coming from - you've worked so hard and your body doesnt give you any leeway at all.. very unfair. As for your leader, i think i would have been the same! Well done on doing your exercise :) would you recommend the Davina dvds if I wanted something different? x

I totally understand where your coming from,sts is still very good. I no what you mean tho some leaders can be very unsupportive at times and really annoys us.
Good luck for the coming week.

yes I can definintely recommend the Davina DVDs, I have High Energy Five and Superbody Workout, they are fab and you really feel like you've worked damn hard!!

Hi Lydia, sorry you were disappointed by your STS. I know how you feel when you have done all that exercise and it does not show up......however, it will catch up with you - it can't not really.

My leader last week did say something quite interesting about high intensity exercise. She was saying that she would "recommend" that people don't eat their low or medium activity APs if they want a boost to their weight loss, but that if you do High activity (which you are), then you should eat them as it seems to have the same effect on your body as not eating enough - your body just registers a significant calorie deficit in a short time and panics!!!!

*visions here of a little body with a :eek:WTF face*

So, maybe you need to eat more of your APs this week - or eat some some days and not others and see what happens.

I don't think they get it sometimes how important even the smallest loss is to us. xx

Hi Lydia. So frustrating for you! The only consolation, such as it is, is that, with your thyroid problems, you'd be gaining if you weren't keeping your points under such tight control!

Small consolation I know, especially when people like your leader act as if you're not sticking to the plan. Grrr.

I can understand it in a way, I don't really lose weight much and I am sure she's has people there that don't stick to the diet so shes just putting me in that category, I might be telling her that I am sticking to my points and exercising but without personally knowing me she doesn't know that actually I am telling the truth!!! its frustrating though cos I know it doesn't matter what I tell her until I starting losing weight she won't believe what I say!!

I read any interesting article on a website to do with Endemetrosis (which I have), I take the pill constantly without having a break (other than once or twice a year), I new research study has shown that this can suppress hormones and lead to weightgain but doesn't have the favourable effect on the endemetrosis that was first thought! So I will only take one pack at a time now and have my break every time - obviously means having TOTM every month! But will see if that has an effect. Ive also started to take my sea kelp regularly again!!

I'll get there in the end!!! I WILL I WILL LOL!!!

You will - your stick-to-it-iveness is second to none hon, I'm just sorry you don't see the results you deserve.

Hopefully changing your pill regime will help x

Off to the gym tonight, made up a little circuit for myself.

10 squats )
10 press ups ) x3
10 mins on cross trainer
10 each leg step up to balance holding 3kg weights ( x3
10 shoulder presses 3kg weights )
10 mins cross trainer
10 each leg step into lunge )
10 tricep dips ) x 3
20 ab crunches )
10 mins cross trainer

Thought it would be something a little different, I'll let you know how I get on.

I'm going to try a jacket potato with philly and sweet chilli sauce for my tea tonight, I love sweet chilli sauce!!

Had a good gym session last night, burnt over 400 cals was really puffed out. My tea was totally scrummy!!

Won't be such a good day today though going out with friends to cinema and then Pizza Hut (I have a 50% off voucher), I have this great plan to stick to pasta (either canneloni or arribiata) I will try but the pizzas are so lovely there! But everything I eat before then will be very good!!

Back