Lydia's New Year New Me Diary

are the technique lessons expensive then? I often see adults in my pool getting lessons, just wasnt aware how much they costed.. just automatically assumed i wouldnt be able to afford them! x

At my pool which is run by the local authority, for the group techique lessons I think its something like £20 a year membership then £4 per lesson and they run weekly, for 1 2 1 lessons its £10.95 per hour, so not too expensive.

Ive got my first star!!!!!!!!!! Woo Hoo - feel like doing a Oscars style speech which ends up with me in floods of croccodile tears LOL!!!

You too hun x, feeling really tired this afternoon so not going to gym, going to go home and have an early night - hope everyone is having a great day!!

well done on your star Lydia, well deserved! :D hope you're rested up properly when you read this :) x

Feeling much better had a really good sleep. Unfortunately have gained 1lb this week, can't blame anything or anyone but myself, I know I can get away with 1 treat day a week and still lose 1lb but the additional takeaway and loads of chocolate was just too much!!! Will work really hard this week to get that off.

Very true!!

Had a lovely weekend, it was my grandads birthday he was 84 on Saturday, so we had lots of people round and a cake for him (I hold my hands up I did have some but I made sure it was a very slim slither of cake!!). The weather was lovely so we spent most of the day with him in garden - just lovely, then watched a DVD with mum at night - Easy Virtue - it was ok, my mum loved it though, I think Slumdog Millionaire is next to arrive from lovefilm.com looking forward to seeing that.

The cycle tutor has contacted me I have to ring her this morning to set up a date for my first lesson, really excited!!!

Woo hoo, got my first cycling lesson booked, Friday 3 July 10 am in my local park, should be a quiet time. The tutor said the last lady she helped she went from a complete novice to cycling into the next town in 3 sessions.

Just need to find a quiet time in the pool next!!

Woo hoo, got my first cycling lesson booked, Friday 3 July 10 am in my local park, should be a quiet time. The tutor said the last lady she helped she went from a complete novice to cycling into the next town in 3 sessions.

Just need to find a quiet time in the pool next!!

That's brilliant.

My daughter STILL can't ride a bike either - and these days, most kids can by her age! Where did you find your tutor cos she won't even try with us.

Most local authorities/County Councils have a cycling scheme (its all part of the environmental sustainability agenda) and will have cycling tutors as part of the cycle scheme - thats where I found her! Do you want me to see if she has a link in your area?

Hi Lydia

Glad your grandad enjoyed his birthday but made me feel old my Pa is 84 next.

Good luck with the cycling

M

Thanks hun x

Hey Lydia.. Im contemplating on going back to cycling which I havent done in years.. do you have any advice on what I should and shouldnt do?

Hey Lydia.. Im contemplating on going back to cycling which I havent done in years.. do you have any advice on what I should and shouldnt do?

Not at the moment hun as I can't ride at bike at all myself :giggle:

I'm told that once you learn to ride one you never forget, so maybe find a quiet lane or park and take it easy round there before you get on the road.

Weigh in today and I have lost 1lb - absolutely thrilled as its my TOTM as well.

brilliant work again this week on your 1lb off, Lydia. You are certainly consistent at the moment.

Yes, please -if you could ask about links in Staffordshire/Shropshire that would be good.

I will have a look on the web and see if there is anything.

Well done Lydia!!!

Thanks guys, will let you know Rosie when I find something out x

Back