Lydia's New Year New Me Diary

Well dogs and cats do deserve pressies just like us humans!! My two get spoilt rotten at Christmas, Poppy the cat got an activity centre 2 xmas' ago, I have to put it on my bed every morning for her!! and Millie got a hooded combat jacket (she looks so cute in it!!Spoilt little girls or what!!

Isn't she!!! I think shes the most beautiful cavvie out there!!

Had a lovely swim this morning, did 36 lengths in 45 mins, not brilliant but its a starting point. I time the first 400m which is what the sprint triathlon swimming section is and did it in 18 mins so I need to at least halve that time in the next year, at least its something to aim for.

Going to see my pappy soon - who is doing really well at the moment.

Had yummy syn free pancakes this morning for brekkie with banana, strawberries, 0% fat greek yoghurt and honey - felt totally indulgent!

Going to make a savoury lentil roast for dinner with roast potatoes, veggies and gravy might even push the boat out and make the slimming world Eton Mess for puds!!

sounds gorgeous, we are going to my in laws for the day, MIL is a really good cook so its lovely to go there but soooo hard too!!

mmmm.. it sounds gorgeous... can you send some over to Dublin via Pigeon Post:D

Last edited:
No problem at all LOL!!!

Hi Lydia

V v well done on completing the Moonwalk, especially as it sounds like you did it under almost impossible conditions. I'm not surprised you stuck it out though as you have brilliant staying power, I have always thought so.

Love the pic of your baba - are tricolour King Charles quite rare? She's v beautiful. Muffin gets pressies on birthday and Christmas too - it's as it should be :)

Hey Karen good to hear from you, no tri's aren't that rare the are the second most common colour after Blenheims, I think either Ruby or Black and Tans are the rarest - I would love a Black and Tan little sister for her - named her already Lulu Guiness!!

Thanks for your kind words on the moonwalk! x

Went to see Angels and Demons today at cinema, very good, thoroughly enjoyed it, a few bits different from the film............but thats always the case isn't it! Still enjoyed it!

Yes she is, shes all fluffy at the minute, having her groomed next weekend when she'll be all skinny and silky smooth !!

After the initial disappointment of my dreadful time and struggling I am feeling quite proud of myself.

Not a lot to report today really. Am going to have an attempt at the gym tomorrow night, think my knee feels recovered enough and I really need to crack on if I stand any chance of doing that Triathlon next year!! Mental note to self - must book some cycling lessons!

Hey Lydia hope all is well with you xx

There was an article yesterday about triathlons and how hard they were even compared to a marathon...best get some serious training in my girl. (starting with learning to ride a bike would be a good plan ;))

Goodness triathalon thats excellent, hope you get there Lydia but I'm sure you will. How is your Grandad now?

M

There was an article yesterday about triathlons and how hard they were even compared to a marathon...best get some serious training in my girl. (starting with learning to ride a bike would be a good plan ;))

I know i am bricking it already :( and I have nearly a year to go until the event!!! I have enquired about professional cycling lessons for the complete novice, I need to book them next week when the lady is back off leave, two friends have offered to lend me their mountain bikes and then in September the next window opens to purchase bikes through the cyclescheme at work, I can get about 40% discount off bikes, so thats the plan. I have started a 6 month total novice triathlon training programme (that I found off the internet) that fortunately for the first couple of months concentrates on indoor bikes, it consists of initially indoor biking and weight training (light) to build up body strength. Training plan will look like this for the rest of the year:

Tuesday - AM DVD - mainly to improve my cardiovascular fitness

Thursday - PM segment from triathlon training in gym

Saturday - AM segement from triathlon training in gym

Sunday - AM swimming.

If I can get more training in (ie on leave days, bank holidays etc) then I will.

I want to drop another stone before I start running then I have ready a walk to run training programme (again off internet!!) so I can start to incorporate that into the gym sessions.

Then hopefully come January I can start a more targeted and intensive triathlon training programme.

Of course this is all conditional on being able to ride a bike!!!

But I really want to do this so I am hoping that deep desire will get me pedalling with minimal injuries!!! :giggle:

Good news today is that I am down another 1lb!! :) Really pleased with that, If I can lose 1lb every week for the rest of the year thats nearly 2 1/2 stone, that leaves me only 1/2 stone from goal weight - I know its slow but I am happy with the progress, and to potentially be so close to goal weight by the end of the year has really spurred me on!! :)

Goodness triathalon thats excellent, hope you get there Lydia but I'm sure you will. How is your Grandad now?

M

thanks for asking hun, hes really well at the moment, he's walking on his own again, not very steady but we never expected him to walk again so this is a huge improvement and hes really happy and looks quite healthy right now -tis'all good!!!

Back