Lydia's New Year New Me Diary

hey Lyd, your training program sounds really cool... i would love to be able to do something like a triathlon!

you'll easy pick up riding a bike i'm sure of it :) have a good day xxx

p.s glad your grandad is improving! :) brill news x

Thanks hun x

Had a lovely weekend, thoroughly enjoyed the weather, took grandad round the park and had an icecream, went to the gym saturday and then swimming sunday. Have decided to drop the Tuesday AM dvd session and replace it with swimming Tuesday nights - well at least for the summer, I can do 400m (the sprint triathlon distance) in 14 mins but I need to get under 10 mins so have a bit of work to do there, so basically 2 gym sessions a week and 2 swimming sessions a week then I can change it around once I am competent on a bike.

The shop where I get my dog food from closed down at the weekend and everything was half price so bought Millie a new bed, a knitted hooded stripey cardigan, a pink flexilead, loads of treats a new teddy (we have named her Winnie) and some treats and a toy for the Poppy the cat as well!!

Oh and diet going well!!

Loving the weather at the moment - shame it will be short lived!!! Have printed off a swimming training plan off the internet, going to give it a go tonight, apparently I should be able to do it in an hour - guess I'll find out later!!! And will book my cycling lessons today!!!

Did my swimming training plan schedule last night, it was hard, really felt it when i got out of the pool, but it was definintely managable, the plan said I should be able to complete it in 45-60 mins and I did it bang on 45 mins, so will do this one again on Sunday then move onto the next one next week. Still waiting for the dates to come through for my cycling lessons, all excited can't wait to start!!

Being really good diet wise so far this week, fingers crossed for a good result Friday.

dead excited for you.. sounds so much fun! :D xxx

Had weigh in this morning and lost another 1lb, dead chuffed.

well done Lydia, you are doing SO well! :D xxx

Thanks hun, I'm really happy with my progress and really happy on SW! Had a good session in the gym yesterday and will be off to the pool in a bit!!

Thanks hun, yes I think I have found the right diet for me! However saying that I ended up having a major binge over the weekend which hasn't happened for ages, so this week is all about just trying to get a STS on Friday.

Off for a swim tonight, hopefully it will be a good session as long as there not too many pensioners bashing me on the head or kids splashing about in my face!!! Still waiting to hear from the cycling tutor about my dates, I'm getting impatient now!!!

hello

thought i would say hi and good luck with your swimming, totally agrre abot the young kids and pensioners lol

x

Thanks hun x

Swim was ruined last night, only managed 15 lengths, the pool was so full, it was a nightmare! Going to try different nights to work out what the quietest time/day is.

most pools have an adults only session later on on an evening.. have you had a look at their timetable? xx

I did think about that, its at 9 pm, but not sure how I feel about walking through the park late at night, I don't live in a particularly violent town and attacks are few and far between, but a few years ago a girl was sexually assaulted in the park, so I like to be out of the park by 8.30 at the latest, and also since the GF I struggle to stay awake past 9 pm but I guess excercise would actually keep me awake wouldn't it? When I start having the proper technique lessons in September they are 9 pm so will have to walk through the park then? Think I will try lots of combos of different days and times and see whats the best!!

Back