Lydia's New Year New Me Diary

Thanks all for the kind comments. I think the doc is sticking to his guns because of the cost implications if you get thyroxine you get free prescriptions and as I am asthmatic with 3 different inhalers and often have infections requiring Amoxcillian I think I am too high risk LOL!!

I have to believe it will eventually work otherwise I might as well give up now and I don't want to do that, so will keep plugging away!!

Food for today:

B - 40g Special K sustain (2)
Orange juice (1)
L - Pumpkin soup (1.5)
1 slice bread (1)
Yoghurt (1)
D - 1/2 pack beanfest bolognaise (3)
60g dried weight wholemeal spagetti (3)
1 tablespoon low fat cheese (1)
Highlights mousse (1)
S - Milk (1.5)
Iced Gems (1.5)
Banana (1.5)
WW choc mini muffin (1.5)

20.5 out of 21

2 litres of water

Yes, you would be costing the NHS a bob or two I guess! Could you get it on private prescription or is it mega-expensive?

Don't know haven't gone down that route, am currently looking at herbal routes and foods that are high in iodine which will stimulate my thyroid function.

Got some seakelp tablets didn't know about spirulina will look out for that

Oh Lydia. Thats not too bad hun. Remember you havent been well for quite a while. You'll have it off in no time. Fingers crossed that it shows next week, i'm sure it will xx

Thanks sweetie

Food for today:

B - 50g porridge, 1 teaspoon honey (3.5)
L - Heinz Lentil soup (2.5)
1 slice bread (1)
Yoghurt (1)
D - jacket potato (2.5)
1/2 tin beans (2.5)
40g low fat cheddar (2.5)
Highlights mousse (1)
S - milk (1.5)
Iced Gems (1.5)
WW mini choc muffin (1.5)

2 litres water

21 out of 21

Thanks sweetie

Food for today:

B - 50g porridge, 1 teaspoon honey (3.5)
L - Heinz Lentil soup (2.5)
1 slice bread (1)
Yoghurt (1)
D - jacket potato (2.5)
1/2 tin beans (2.5)
40g low fat cheddar (2.5)
Highlights mousse (1)
S - milk (1.5)
Iced Gems (1.5)
WW mini choc muffin (1.5)

2 litres water

21 out of 21

Lol everytime i look at your food diary Lydia i end up deciding "ooh i quite fancy that, i'll have it for dinner".

Today it's a jacket potato! x

I'm sorry to hear about everything you have had to cope with. Thats nuts about the thyroxin! I hope he changes his mind soon. Would it be worth seeing a different GP at your pratice?

Ive tried seeing a different GP, our surgery and decided on a policy regarding thyroxine and they are all sticking to it, if I lived a few miles up the road the base line for getting thyroxine is 0.6 so I would be fine. Unfortunately in this country money governs a lot to do with the NHS, but I have started taking seakelp this week and will look into Spriulina.

Although - I need to admit that I have been making a little bit of a mistake the last couple of months with my points! A friend pointed it out last night, every night when I go to bed I have a Horlicks Light, I haven't been pointing it, thinking that its ok to treat it like tea or coffee (afterall you just add water!!), my friend said that these are actually 1.5 points!! :sigh: So over the week I have had 10.5 points that I haven't accounted for - maybe this has been having an affect???? I can't believe I have been so stupid!! Anyway its a cup of tea at night from now on!!

Today is going to be tricky for me: I'm eating out twice today :sigh:

Brekkie was a bowl of All Bran (2)
Small glass orange juice (1)

I'm at a leaving do at lunchtime but have pre ordered my food - have gone for a plain cheese sandwich on wholemeal bread.

Then mum wants me to go to Frankie and Bennies after work, Ive looked at the menu and told mum to order so that I am not tempted to change my mind. For starters will have either Mozzarella & Tomato salad or soup of the day (depending on what it is, hopefully something like Tom and basil or winter veg then I will have the soup!!) for main I am having the Penne Arribiata but without the olives (hate then and will save about 1 point).

So will probably be going over my points a little bit but I am back walking the dog for 1 mile each morning before Brekkie so incorporating a little bit of exercise into my day.

Going to my uncles for dinner tomorrow, I am assured it will be something with new pots and loads of veg!!!

SUnday I am going to make the sausage (with quorn) and butterbean casserole from the Food for Friends Cookbook and off to see the new james bond movie, but as its night before weigh in I know I won't be tempted to having anything other than diet coke!!

good luck with your weekend and good on you for planning ahead cause you're eating out twice..

if you need a change the Cadburys Highlights hot chocolates are only 0.5 and the dark chocolate one is really nice. Skinny cow now do hot chocolate as well so going to try some of them and see what theyre like too :)

hope you enjoy your meals out xxx

Thanks sweetie x

Good planning hun. You'll be fine. I love Frankie and Bennies ummmmm havent been there for ages LOL!! Ive never thought about getting someone what to order for me prior to going..thats a great idea!

It its a good idea but sad that I can't be trusted!!! LOL, by the way love the tattoo!!

Ahhh thanks hun. Painful but worth it, just trying to control the urge of having more hehe xx

I know the feeling I have four and would love a whopping great big pheonix on my arm, but after my last one (black dragon on my back) it was so painful, my mum used my pained state to make me promise no more, now she won't let me out of my promise!! I keep trying though!

Yes Gemma hopefully fingers crossed a loss, even if its half a pound it will be a start, I'll take anything right now.

Had a love dinner at Frankie and Bennies had the tomato and basil soup to start which lovely and thick and no cream in sight then the penne arribiata, no olives 1 teaspoon parmesan - almost feel saintly!

This morning so far has 2 slices toast (2) spread (1) 2 eggs scrambled (2.5) and half of a very small tin of beans (like smaller than the usual small ones if that makes sense) (1).

Off to my uncles for tea - aunty assures me dinner is something with new pots and loads of veg!!

Well done Lydia - there's always a great sense of accomplishment around eating out and doing it healthily, isn't there? (Not that I manage it very often)

Back