Lydia's New Year New Me Diary

Thanks guys, ive given up trying to work out what my boss wants, doesn't matter what I do its never right. I need to just stop taking her comments personally get on with my work do my hours and get home!

I'm on leave today just been out to get my mums main pressie - a nintendo DS lite in turquoise with More Brain Training!

Just posted the Jamie Oliver Vegetable Jalfrezi recipe in the recipe sticky, sorry its taken my so long - give it a go its lovely and freezes well, having whats left of it in the freezer tomorrow night with some rice and a Tecsos HL mini naan (2 points!).

Food for today:

B - 40g Special K sustain (2)
L - Tescos mini pizza (4)
D - half quorn lasagne (4)
Jacket potato (2.5)
S - milk (1.5)
Skinny Latte (1.5)
Walkers Baked (1.5)

17 out of 21 - not sure what else I will have but have 4 points to work with.

Hi Hun
I hope your feeling better,we got my aunt the DS with the brain training game as she likes things like that :)
I just got my mum some GHDS she wanted :)

Mum got me GHDs last year, love them. Its weird cos both me and mum have bought each other DS' but different colours and different games.

Treated myself to a few DVD from HMV today (3 for £20) - the Other Boleyn Girl, Golden Compass and Bourne Ultimatium, just need to watch them now!!

Still got this pesky cough/cold, got some Benilyn to try and get rid of it now and extra high dose Vit C. I was planning on starting back at the gym today - there goes that plan!!

Food for today:

B - 2 slices toast (3)
Beans (2.5)
Scrambled Eggs (1.5)
L - latte & 4 marshmallows (4)
D - Vegetable jalfrezi (2.5)
Rice (3)
Mini Naan (2)
S - milk (1.5)
Walkers Baked (1.5)
WW choc bar (1.5)

22 points - so 1 point over but have saved a few in the week so should be ok.

Watched the Other Boleyn Girl last night, now whilst I enjoyed it as a film, I am a bit of a tudor history freak! I loved the book but did on occasion have a wee moan about lack of factual accuracy (but it isnt strictly speaking a factual novel), but god the film just totally departs from what really happen or what happened in the book, why on earth did the film makers decide to have the princess elizabeth go and live with aunty mary boleyn! Like that would happen with the future queen of england. This is what happens when American makes films about our history LOL!!! Eric Bana as Henry!! Did they forget that Henry was a ginger minger!!

Still got the cough, still getting on my nerves!!

Food for today:

B - 50g Oatibix bite size (3)
L - quorn sausage sandwich (4.5)
Quorn scotch egg (1)
D - tortilla topped quorn bake (4.5)
New pots (1.5)
Veg (inc peas) (0.5)
Low fat custard and banana (4)

S - milk (1.5)
Options drink (0.5)

21 out of 21

You're very brave to watch hollywood-does-british-history. I can't bear it myself!

The quorn bake sounds nice - do you use the tortillas in between layers like lasagna sheets?

No, I think I posted on the recipe thread if it isn't there let me know and I will put it again. It was original a chicken recipe, but basically its some quorn cooked and mixed with mixed beans in chilli sauce and Campbells condensed Tomato/Med tomato soup then topped with tortilla chips and a bit of cheese, really nice, using up food in my freezer, to make way for all the lovely core friend/discover friendly dishes I am planning on cooking over the next couple of weeks.

Just checked on the recipe sticky and it is there

So whatever the new plan entails I am following it from tomorrow (from what I have read its seems pretty sensible stuff to me and will encourage me to do more Core cooking and increase my fruit intake so its all good). I am also going to do weekly points instead of daily points, just for a week or 2 to see how I get on. The reason is that I often find that I will eat up my points just for the sake of it even if I am not hungry or I feel incredible guilt if I go over my points. SO I thought if I did weekly points that might help with those two particular issues of mine.

So from tomorrow my weekly points allowance is 147....watch this space............

Good luck! I'm interested to see how you get on with weekly points, because I'm the same as you. I snack for the sake of it because I have points left. If it works I might try it :)

So first day on new plan and weekly points, here goes:

B - 50g porridge (3)
1 teaspoon Honey (0.5)
L - Thai BNS soup (0)
Bread (1)
Yoghurt (1)
D - takeaway probably chinese will allow 12.5
S - milk (1.5)
Banana (1.5)

Points used (21)
Points left (126)

So first day on new plan and weekly points, here goes:

B - 50g porridge (3)
1 teaspoon Honey (0.5)
L - Thai BNS soup (0)
Bread (1)
Yoghurt (1)
D - takeaway probably chinese will allow 12.5
S - milk (1.5)
Banana (1.5)

Points used (21)
Points left (126)

That does sound like a good idea - i might give it ago!x

Like your thinking Lydia - and can't see how it could affect you adversley.

Also, thanks for all the great recipes you have been posting. Makes this losing weight rather pleasurable.

Rosie x

My pleasure Rosie

According to my scales I have stayed the same, which is ok as I haven't been well this week got through 2 bottles of cough mixture which I am sure is loaded with sugar and haven't been able to swim at all this week, although still feel rough, going to try and get back to docs today, so don't know if I will be able to exercise this week either!!

ask ur doctor for a sugar free version chicks x

Sugar free cough mixture, OMG thats brilliant!

Just had my dinner, homemade Thai BNS soup, it was gorgeous, quite spicy but really creamy even though theres no cream in it, and its zero points!!

Back