mama kash diary

Mamakash said:
Decided to change my avatar to remind me why I REALLY need to lose weight and it is probably due to red wine ( yes and illness so I couldn't exercise as my heart was under pressure and yes due to staying in hospital too many times and eating nhs crap and stodge plus biscuits and crisps)

BUT ( and I may as well be totally honest here ) mostly due to too much red wine to "relax" and "reward " and "cos work is killing me and I can't cope and my business is going down the spout due to recession and illness " and my new OH is " stressing me out " and cos my ex " screwed me over and broke my heart and completely destroyed my trust in men "..,,..,,,And ..,and ... And ...,

But mostly just cos I did drink too frequently . Not alcoholic levels I don't think but most nights 1/2 bottle and more at weekends and occasionally "socially" at work when me and one or other of my team couldn't cope with said recession or whatever ..., any excuse ....,

So there !

And reading this makes me a little sad as I grew up teetotal cos of my mama s alcoholicism which killed her and I never touched alcohol EVER until ten years ago ..,,BUT this is a journey and I think I may have just covered a few extra miles this morning

Xx

Wow you really have gone/going through a hell of a lot, on top of Exante- you are superwoman! x

Have had to take a while to think of the right words, but realising I can't I just thought I would say it anyway.

That was such an honest and open release I think everyone who reads it will be wanting to clap you.

You have summed up the situation for many so well that I think we can all see a part of ourselves in those few lines. I certainly can.

'Self medicating' and 'Rewarding' ourselves with alcohol is a huge problem, that can just escalate, and it's not just the calories in it, it's what it makes us do in our eating. Pizza, chocolate etc. Then there is the dreaded rough feeling which can only be beaten by a McDonalds breakfast, adding more and more, until one day you look in the mirror and think "Who the hell is this old looking fat person" staring back.

And then finally something happens. It happened in your words. You just get honest with yourself. No more it's this fault, that fault, her fault, his fault. It's just YOU!

And that's when you have your moment. Do you do something about it, or do you just go on blaming.

You MK, are the exemplary model of someone who is not taking this c&@p anymore and is going to do something about it!

I for one APPLAUD you.

Sent from my iPad using MiniMins

Aw thanks mrmc for such kind words and support .

Yes it was one of those moments and I felt sad for a while then suddenly felt I have turned a corner ..,

Anyway felt so much better today . Ribs still very sore from last op but the infection seems to have gone on holiday ( hope it's migrated ) so feel so much stronger. And work is busy so all in all :) :) :)

In bed now with peppermint Tea to celebrate a 100% TS day 15 being nearly over.

Sweet dreams all x

Day 18! And the sun is shining and I am determined to TS today aka known as temptation day ) . Also coming if antibiotics today so hope that will help my gurgling stomach ! Also have to do some work so going to crack on with that in bed . It looks sunny so please sun come out and stay cos need a nice afternoon just to kick back . Got my marathon hair cut colour tomorrow and can't wait especially as a local shop keeper looked at me yeserdsy and said gosh you have lost loads of weight :)
bought some asfa bars yeserdsy and coke and diet pepper zero and bouillon ... Plus loads of water .

As soon as all clear on stitches on wed going to start some gentle exercise as well ! Yeah !
Have a good day all . Xxx

Well nearly did it had equivalent of small glass of wine ( bit less) but seriously didn't enjoy it . Me ! Not enjoying wine. And don't get me started on tipsy friends . ..,

Guess this means me becoming rather unsociable ?!!!!

Well tomorrow is day 19 and aside from a few mini blips been pretty good indeed. Food not an issue at all and the way things are going vino looks like it won't be the same ever again . ...,, hmmm

This exante has got a lot to answer for !!!

Day 19 and sneaky weigh in and all looks good . Belly definitely shrinking and gurgling seems to have calmed down since I stopped the antibiotics .

Off to get hair cut etc at 10 so worked till midnight last night in order to take some time out for me . It's first hairdo since being Ill so although broke really really need to sort hair .

OH just said he may join me on exante which would be great. He needs to lose at least 4 stone I think ..,,

Oh yeah and keto stick still pink so fingers crossed survived stupid wine .

Going to measure myself today as well

Have a good day all x

well day 20 and definitley shrining, or at least my bust is !! I always lose weight head down though..... the cankles will be the last to go.

Hoping to stay strong and TS today although feeling really tired again. Have 2 days at hospital tomorrow and Thursday so also need to ensure well for that.....and have lots of work to do.

Had hair cut and coloured yesterday and it looks good ! Desperately needed doing after this year.... I really really hope all is ok tomorrow and Thursday so I can get my life back.

Still have awful gurgling stomach. My friend has just suggested a colonic irrrigation..... may be good after all the drugs etc as this diet is helping me to detox as well. Hmmmmm

Hi mamakash,

Just read ur diary & have to say im loving ur positive outlook. Ur truly motivating :)
Ive had a tough few yrs myslf & without going in2 2much detail finally have a beautiful son whos nw 18mnths old.
So really just want 2 say thx 4 helping me re-jig my brain in2 gear & 100% focus
:) cos were worth it lol

Well day 20 nearly over and it's been a tough one and I succumbed to 3 bites of chicken . Don't really know why. Just felt tired hungry and tired and tired and tired ..,,,

Work been busy all day and just finished a call and had to send long email and connection to work server keeps crashing.,

So more tired . Might go and watch corrie , recorded . Got 1/2 a soup left ..., aagh . MK can do it MK can do it

You certainly can do it!

Day 21 and another really tiring day with work stress plus first of 2 visits to hospital ( useless and a waste of time) . struggling to breathe when I walk which is really scary . Dunno Anymore what to do as I can't keep going back into theatre .,,,,going to just take care of myself for a few months and see....

Had hair done again ( feel like a celeb!) and tonight went to a comedy show with 2 friends . Hilarious but was too tired and went home before the main act .,, but hey I went out woo hoo.

Think the chicken may have bumped me out of ketosis ? Maybe ? It took me ages to get there..,, but I feel and look thinner and my belly is definitely shrinking and hopefully the skin is elastic enough not to shrink saggily ..,,,

WI tomorrow ... Happy with whatever . Must be losing no matter what tho I would LOVE to get under 12 stone next week ...please !!! It's a lot to ask for but a girl can dream ! X

Woo hoo day 22 and been 99.5 %TS so that's good enough in my book !!

Lost 2 1/2 pounds so that is a total of 12 1/2 in 3 weeks..., happy :)

Well sun shining and got some work to do then back at hospital for test results so fingers crossed. It's 4 years since I met my OH .., it's been a bumpy time but he is keen to go to the restaurant where he saw me and came running out of ( dumping his date in the process ) been a bumpy 4 years ( more roller coaster than meandering hills) but he has been a star while I have been Ill so may have a WS meal tonight with him back at the same restauraunt .

Well back to the daily grind and my morning shake yum yum

Have a good day all !

So tired today and already had one shake and a bar to try and pick me up ( didn't work) .
Work stress= money stress and hospital stress = work stress =money stress .

Aagh can't cope :( wish i had a nice job where I could take a day off and not have to work every day when I am supposed to be getting well :(

Back