Mel's all new food diary .....

Breakfast - banana and activia ff yoghurt

Lunch - Sainsburys vegetable ravioli with 2 slices wholemeal toast (hexb) and 2 tsp flora extra light (1 syn). Grapes.

Snack - homemade free falafels

Dinner- Squash risotto with parmesan (2 x hexa) and garlic mushrooms

Pudding - Homemade low syn lemon cake (not a great success but edible!) with a blob of lemon curd (4 syns)

2 x 25ml vodkas with diet lemonade (5 syns)
and 50mls port (4 syns)

1 hexa and 1 hexb used
Total syns - 14

Last edited:
Yesterday was a bit of a rubbish day and I didn't do too well food wise.

Breakfast - banana, activia ff yoghurt and a few grapes

Lunch - Made roast beef, yorkshire puds, veg, gravy, horseradish sauce etc and as was Easter Sunday was going to just eat the yorkies and horseradish and not worry about the syns too much, kind of a flexi day. However, once the meal was dished up and on the table me and hubby had a massive row over something silly and I lost my appetite. All I ended up having was a yorkshire pudding, a potato, bit of meat and half a glass of wine before I stormed off upstairs to sulk! Will guess at about 9 syns. (we've made up now by the way!)

Dinner - Because I'd cooked a roast earlier I couldn't be bothered to do anything much and hubby and my son were stuffing chocolate so I made some syn free pancakes with chopped banana and maple syrup (4 syns) as fancies something sweet and thought it might stop me reaching for the chocolate....didn't work though .....

Snack - 8 thorntons chocolates (? 3 syns each?? = 24)

Total syns - 37!!! Aaarrgghhh but it is easter and could have been much worse!!

Breakfast - banana, kiwi, satsuma, Activia ff yoghurt

Lunch - Small jacket potato with lighter choices cottage cheese. Cherry tomatoes.

Snack - Mugshot and tiny slither of lemon cake (1 syn)

Dinner - Homemade burger in Tesco lighter choices wholemeal roll (hexb) with cheese (hexa) and homemade syn free onion chutney with SW chips and beans. Tomato ketchup (1 syn)

Pudding - jam doughnut (11 syns)

1 hexa and 1 hexb used

Total syns - 13

Last edited:
Breakfast - banana

Lunch - Squash risotto with parmesan(hexa)

Dinner - Gammon, salad, boiled potatoes, homemade syn free onion chutney, avocado (5syns), BGTY salad cream (1 syn).

Snack - Kelloggs fibre plus bar (hexb)

Pudding - Slice of lemon cake with lemon curd(4 syns)

1 hex and 1 hexb used
Total syns - 10 at the moment but feeling peckish so that might increase!!! Will edit later if it does!!.....had 2 Thornton's chocs a bit later (6 syns) so total was 16

Last edited:
Breakfast - banana and activia ff yoghurt

Lunch - Gammon and hard boiled egg with salad, free onion chutney and cold new potatoes. Muller light(lemon meringue so 2syns) and apple.

Dinner - Minced beef and vegetable stew with a small wholemeal roll (hexb)

Pudding - lemon cake with lemon curd (4 syns)

Galaxy ripple bar (9 syns)
Muller light

1hexb used
total syns - 15

Last edited:
Breakfast - 42g all bran (hexb) with banana

Lunch - Gammon, salad, jacket potato, cheese (hexa), free onion chutney.

Dinner - Quorn peppered steak, SW chips, egg, beans.

Snack - 2 finger KitKat (5.5syns)

Pudding - 2 M&S meringue nests (6 syns) with 0% greek yoghurt mixed with lemon curd (3 syns) and raspberries

1 hex and 1 hexb used
Total syns - 14.5

Last edited:
Breakfast - melon, banana and yoghurt

Lunch - Tin Heinz ravioli (1.5syns) with cheese(hexa), Mullerlight and apple.

Snack - 2 Light choice erm..cracker things (can't think for the life of me what they're called!)(3 syns) with 1 laughing cow extra light (1syn)

Dinner - chip shop chips (just a few of my hubby's) 10 syns
Minced beef and veg stew with small wholemeal roll (hexb)

Pudding - Muller light (2 syns)

1 hexa and 1 hexb used
Total syns - 17.5

Breakfast - banana and Kelloggs fibre plus bar (hexb)

Lunch - Leftover beef and veg stew, mullerlight.

Dinner - Slow cooked chicken, lemon and garlic casserole with new potatoes, purple sprouting brocolli, kale and carrots.

Pudding - homemade rice pudding (milk = hexa)

Small glass of red wine (6 syns) and a pack of McCoy's (8.5 syns)

1 hexa and 1 hexb used
Total syns - 14.5

Brunch - Smoked salmon and scambled eggs on 2 slices wholemeal toast(hexb).Melon.

Snack - Large slice of victoria sponge (15 syns +++ although as it was from a cafe can't work it out!)

Dinner - Left over lemon and garlic chicken with new potatoes, purple sprouting brocolli green beans

Pudding - rice pudding made with sweetnener and hexa milk

1 hexa and 1 hexb used
Total syns - don't know today but way over my 15 I suspect!!!

Last edited:
hun your meals look fine only a few probs i can see is u r way over estimating in syns u don't know if u aren't sure hun check online or ask on syns board that way u r eating enough syns.
yorkshire puddings r 3 syns gravy is 1 for 142ml (will be different if fat is added)
keep going hun

What is greek yogurt mixed with lemon curd like?

Breakfast - banana and clementine

Lunch - Scrambled egg, 2 x quorn sausages, beans and 2 small slices wholemeal bread (hexb).

Snack - Kelloggs fibre plus bar (hexb) and mullerlight

Dinner- Peppered quorn steak with jacket potato and low fat cheese (hexa) and salad (lettuce, tomato, beetroot, avocado (4syns) and raw onion).EL mayo (1syn)

Pudding - M&S Meringue nest (3 syns) with 0% greek yoghurt and 2 passion fruits.

Snack - another Kellogs fibre plus abr (5.5 syns)
Mug of options (2 syns)

1 hexa and 1 hexb used
Total syns - 15.5

Last edited:
Breakfast - banana and a bowl of grapes

Lunch - Small jacket potato with cheese (hexa). Mullerlight.Orange.

Snack - Kelloggs fibre plus bar (hexb)

Dinner - Quorn sausage casserole (made with onions, garlic, tinned tomatoes and baked beans) with cous cous.

Pudding - Scan bran carrot cake (3 syns)

Glass of red wine (12 syns) and a packet of ryvita mins (hexb)

1 hex a and 2 hexb used
Total syns - 15

Last edited:
Breakfast - Orange, banana and mullerlight

Lunch - Aubergine, tomato, onion and cheese (hexa) layered bake with 3 krisprolls (hexb) and 1 laughing cow extra light (1 syn). Mullerlight and apple.

Snack - jam doughnut (11 syns)

Dinner - Spaghetti bolognaise

Pudding - grapes

1hexa and 1 hexb used
Total syns - 12

Ooops, I've neglected to keep up with my food diary for the past 2 weeks and as usual I find that as I'm not keeping a record I'm letting things slip a little. From today i will input my food religously!!!!

Breakfast - Weight watchers yoghurt, banana and peach.

Lunch - Puy lentil salad (lentils, raw onions, squeeze of lemon juice, butternut squash and roasted tomatoes). 1 bag of ryvita minis(hexb)

Snack - Thai mugshot (0.5 syns) and a kellogs fibre plus bar (hexb)

Dinner - Cheesy pasta (made with 6 extra light laughing cows melted (hexa) and 42g low fat cheddar (hexa)), purple sprouting brocolli and roasted courgette. Tomato ketchup (2 syns)

Pudding - Aero mousse (5 syns), kit kat - the easter one with a bunny on it (7 syns)

2hexa and 2 hexb

Total syns - 14

Last edited:
Breakfast - Weight watchers yoghurt x 2, banana

Lunch - Fry(light)up! - Quorn sausages, fried egg, grilled tomatoes, mushrooms, 2 slices of wholemeal toast(hexb). Tomato ketchup (2 syns).Mullerlight.

Snack - 1 Alpen light (half hexb), peach and satsuma

Later snack! - Alpen light (half hexb) and loads of pickled beetroot (not eaten together I hasten to add!)

Dinner - Fritatta made with sweet potato chunks, red onion, purple sprouting brocolli and low fat cheese (2hexa). Salad including 56g avocado(5 syns) & small jacket potato with 1 extra light laughing cow (1 syn)and 1 tbsp salad cream (1 syn)

Pudding - 2 meringue nests (5 syns) with mixed berries and sweetended 0% total yoghurt.

2hexb and 2 hex a used
Total syns - 14

Last edited:
Breakfast - Large orange, melon and weight watchers yoghurt

Lunch - Leftover fritatta (hexa cheese on it) and leftover lentil salad. Banana and mullerlight.

Dinner - Beef stew (with loads of veg including carrots, leeks, onions, garlic, tomatoes, potatoes, swede). 2 tiny wholemeal rolls (hexb plus 1 syn)

Pudding - 2 small butterfly buns (no calories on packaging but weighed them and synned as per victoria sponge as was the closest I could find in my book - 12 syns)

1 hex a and 1 hex b used
Total syns - 13

Last edited:
Breakfast - porridge made with water and sweetener

Lunch - small jacket potato with 2 teaspoons of flora extra light (1 syn), piece of fritatta(hex a for cheese on it) and salad. Banana and mullerlight.

Dinner - beef stew as per yesterday with small wholemeal roll (hexb plus 1 syn)

glass of red wine (12 syns) and a bag of aldi satin crunch crisps (4 syns)

1 hexa and 1 hexb used
total syns - 17

Breakfast - bananas on toast (hexb) with 1 tsp honey (1 syn) and cinnamon.

Lunch - Small bowl of stew and a mullerlight

Snack - Bowl of roasted rhubarb (think there's some debate over whether this is synned or not but I'm classing it as free as it came in my veg box this week - therefore it is a vegetable and not a fruit) ;)

Dinner - Homemade sweet and sour chicken (4 syns) with egg fried rice (using frylight) and stir fried veg.

Pudding - jam doughnut (12 syns)

1 hexb used
Total syns - 17

Back