::mOd-kArEn79's DiArY::

Hi Karen just been reading your thread with great interest. There is nothing worse than when you are unhappy in your work - and your management sucks!! I really feel for you but also admire your determination to stick at the diet. Keep going Girl xx
I work for my local police force and we have to work 24/7 including Xmas and it causes so many problems. Managers won't let you book off any time over Xmas and also we are having terrible time getting leave for hols etc. I know how you feel love :sigh:

Hi Karen just been reading your thread with great interest. There is nothing worse than when you are unhappy in your work - and your management sucks!! I really feel for you but also admire your determination to stick at the diet. Keep going Girl xx
I work for my local police force and we have to work 24/7 including Xmas and it causes so many problems. Managers won't let you book off any time over Xmas and also we are having terrible time getting leave for hols etc. I know how you feel love :sigh:

my company are normally ok with booking time off for holiday - we only have to give 2 weeks notice.

last year they told us if we want xmas off in future we had to book it as holiday. so i put a request in this month, to be told that no-one is having xmas off unless we can get it covered by another staff member ...as if anyone is going to offer to do that!!!

i don't blame my line managers - our company is a charitable business and has financial issues. unfortunately it ends up with higher management making stupid decisions, which results in a high staff turn over as they burn their staff out!

i guess the diet is the one thing i can control at this point in my life. if i start eating crap i will only feel worse about everything!

my company are normally ok with booking time off for holiday - we only have to give 2 weeks notice.

last year they told us if we want xmas off in future we had to book it as holiday. so i put a request in this month, to be told that no-one is having xmas off unless we can get it covered by another staff member ...as if anyone is going to offer to do that!!!

i don't blame my line managers - our company is a charitable business and has financial issues. unfortunately it ends up with higher management making stupid decisions, which results in a high staff turn over as they burn their staff out!

i guess the diet is the one thing i can control at this point in my life. if i start eating crap i will only feel worse about everything!

I totally agree there you would probably feel 100 times worse if you let the diet slip as well.
We have to book our leave 1 year in advance which is a nightmare if an event crops up last minute. I requested an early finish last month (only 1 hour) to go to my sons sports day and i requested it 2 weeks in advance. On the day they told me no we were too busy!! Try and explain that to a 5 year old. For the first time ever like you I got really tearful and nearly walked out. I don't normally rock the boat but I went straight in to see the new Top boss and she was fantastic and said no problem I could go. This really rubbed my supervisor up the wrong way though!!! It only takes a bit of common sense and good people management to make staff happy again.
I've worked there 11 years now and I really felt crapped on.
Keep up the good work on your diet Karen:)

Shelley I can't believe that they wouldn't let you have an hour off good on ou for going to someone higher, I'm so lucky in my job its so flexible but I have been there working shifts weekends and bank holidays when my boys were younger and its so hard to explain why you can't go to something like sports day x
I know shocking isn't it especially when there were 25 of us taking non 999 calls at the time. There were not enough seats for all of us anyway. :eek:

you're job sounds worse than mine shelley! in fact i don't hate my job, i love it - but, i hate the way the staff are treated. it makes no difference if i work a weekend or not - if i worked a weekend i have fri and mon off, so they would still need to get agency staff in to cover my days off regardless of when they are.

you're job sounds worse than mine shelley! in fact i don't hate my job, i love it - but, i hate the way the staff are treated. it makes no difference if i work a weekend or not - if i worked a weekend i have fri and mon off, so they would still need to get agency staff in to cover my days off regardless of when they are.

I've always loved my job too but we had a major reorganisation last year and our office expanded from 40 to over 100 and this is when the problems started.
I'm nights tonight and i've been off for 2 weeks so really not looking forward to it!!!
I struggle on the diet when i'm nights too so just been to Asda and stocked up on some munchies to see me through x

my company's the same. we had a restructure 2 years ago and everyone and everything has been shuffled around, budgets have been cut and we're not allowed to do activities with clients like we used to be able to :(

I love my job and we are in the middle of a management reshuffle right now. I know where all of our 4 current line managers are going and the pone that really doesn't like me is NOT going to be my manager anymore which is fantastic! I know who one of my managers will be and I'm not sure yet if it's a good thing or not. She really doesn't seem to enjoy her job and I think that ultimately we may suffer for that but I guess we will just have to wait and see!

have tried to be relaxed today but it's not quite worked! have decided to take friday off of work too - as i haven't managed to wind down yet!

got weighed and lost 2lbs so at least that's good! :D

well done loser! xxx

3.5lbs to go for my 2.5 stone award! woohoo!!!

going to be extra good this week...although i have had a lots of sins today as post weigh-in treat. definately tooooooooo many sins! but they don't count ;)

Last edited:
I just keep following Taz round the forum this morning and shes beating me to say things raaaaaggghhh you Taz!!! I was going to tell her that they dont count too!! xxx

i think they did yesterday. i normally get weighed at 5pm, but yesterday i got weighed at 11am, so had 6 hours extra eating time and i certainly went overboard! i reckon what i ate came to 100+ sins! *gulp!* and i've slept all night with hearturn :( ...just woke up and chewing on a rennie now!

think i will go straight onto success express this morning.

But that's fine, you just get straight back on it and it probably wont make much of a difference

Good old Rennie - I bought some to take away with us! x

Back