MrsV's diary

Morning all!
Daughter has now decided that she wants to be a tooth Fairy when she grows up (she may change her mind, she is after all only 3!) Lol...spoke to Hubby a couple of times yesterday (he's in Mumbai working for the week), really miss him, but not enough to make me want to eat everything in sight (which is a good thing!) Lol

Anyway, another day of boredom at work, but at least I am wearing my skinnier size 20 trousers!! Coming from a 28/30, this is an achievement and Im actually looking forward to seeing the Consultant for my last appointment next week (had gastric band), as I know I have lost the weight due to SW!!

10/02/09 - RED DAY

Breakfast
2 weetabix (HeB)
250ml semi skimmed milk (HeA)
Banana
Mullerlite yoghurt
Lunch
Asda chicken tikka chopped in salad topped with 2 tbsp Hellmanns extra light mayo 1.5
Orange
Apple
Lychees
Tea
Steak rubbed with mustard powder then grilled, meditteranean veg topped with 2tsps Tesco gravy granules 2
Cherries
Syn free meringue topped with quark flavoured with vanilla essence and 1 sachet Chocolate Options - orange 2

2 Alpen light bars (HeB)

Total syns for day: 5.5

Last edited:
Hi Mrs V

I have been looking at your food diary and I have noticed that you don't eat that many syns. Can I ask is there a reason for this?

Thanks xx

Hi Sherby...I just dont want anything more after I have filled up on fruit and veg. I just stick to the mayo and a piece of cheese and also a packet of crisps when I fancy them, but I have never had more than 8 syns a day. Im dont feel that Im depriving myself, I would just end up looking for things to eat like chocolate etc when I dont really want it!

Hope that makes sense?? When I did go to a class my Consultant said that this was fine, as long as I didnt feel I was missing out on anything.

Definitely Hun...otherwise I would eat everything in sight if I felt deprived! Lol

Morning all!

Well, Hubby has given me the full one one on Mumbai and the situation over there is shocking! He said there are whole families sleeping rough under flyovers. Children as young as our Daughter deficating at the side of the road :eek: It really has hit home to me how much we take things for granted....theres not much more I can say to that really.
Jessica was a bit grouchy this morning as we had a broken night of car alarms going off, thankfully she managed to settle again really quickly, although it took me ages and I just kept looking at the clock.

11/02/09 - RED DAY

Breakfast
2 slices WW brown bread (HeB)
Bacon slices with boiled egg
2 tbsp Asda eatsmart tomato sauce 1
Banana
Lunch
Asda chicken tikka slices chopped with salad and topped with 2 tbsp Hellmanns extra light mayo 1.5
Mullerlite yoghurt
Cherries
Lychees
Orange
Tea
Tesco tinned stewing steak served with sprouts, cauliflower, green beans, swede, butternut squash and carrots.
Kiwi
Grapes

2 Alpen light bars (HeB)

Total syns for day: 2.5

Another day of tiredness!

Morning all!
I had a friend call last night with her Daughter as she had an argument with her Hubby. Initially they were going to stay the night, but evenutally headed home at around 10.30. My Daughter was over tired and screamed when I put her to bed, but after about 2 seconds she fell silent!
For some reason I had a nightmare and was wide awake at 4.20 this morning and have not been back to sleep....so here I am faced with another day at work throughly exhausted! Hubby was involved in a car accident in Mumbai. The taxi he was in got hit from behind...he's ok, just annoyed it woke him up! :eek:
Anyway, I shall see what the day brings me!

12/02/09 - RED DAY

Breakfast
2 slices WW brown bread (HeB) toasted and topped with quark mixed with marmite
Banana
Apple
Orange
Lychees
Lunch
Salmon fillet baked in lemon and lime juice (cooled) salad topped with 2 tbsp Hellmanns Extra light mayo 1.5
1 packet Asda cheese curl crisps 3.5
Cherries
Tea
Syn free cheesy meatballs (made with Laughing Cow extra light) (HeA), served with sprouts, swede, cauliflower, greenbeans and butternut squash
2 tsp Tescs gravy granules 2

2 Alpen light bars (HeB)

Total syns for day: 7

Woooo Hooooo it's Friday!!!!

Morning all!
I am still tried after going to bed at 10 last night, but the realisation hit me this morning that it's Friday!!! I'm not even working this weekend either as Hubby is away until Monday, so a quiet weekend planned....well a friend is coming over this evening and I dare say another one will be calling on Sunday so I wont have time to feel lonely!
I spent 1 hour on the Wii Fit last night and even did the free jogging for ages!
Anyway...another day!

13/02/09 - RED DAY

Breakfast
2 Weetabix (HeB)
250ml semi skimmed milk
Banana
Grapes
Lychees
Lunch
Asda chicken tikka slices chopped in salad with 2 tbsp Hellmanns extra light mayo 1.5
Apple
Mullerlite yoghurt
Cherries
Tea
Sainsbury Lamb shank in mint gravy with swede, carrot, sprouts, cauliflower, green beans
Hartleys low cal jelly 0.5

3 Mini Babybel light cheese (HeB)

Total syns for day: 2

Have a great weekend all and see you bright and breezy Monday morning!! :D

Laurie those Lamb shanks are delicious!!!! Thank you for suggesting them in another thread...will definitely buy more of them!!!

Well....I stayed the same this week, which is a bore, but its that time of the month again, so at least its not a gain!
Hubby came home last night and it was wonderful to see him. He had bought a curry (you'd have thought after being in India for a week, he'd be sick of it, but apparantly not!!!). He had bought me one, but I turned it down in favour of my lamb shank and veg and thoroughly enjoyed that instead. Hubby's happy, as it means he has another curry for this evening!....Men I ask you!!! Lol
Daughter was delighted that Daddy had returned and has spent a lot of time with him (which is wonderful).
I am however, back to a house full of dirty laundry and snoring!! But at least he's home safe...I keep reminding myself!!!!!

16/02/09 - GREEN DAY

Breakfast
Tinned new potatoes, mushrooms, Heinz Meanz beans.
Banana
Apple
Orange
Lunch
Barley and butternut squash hotpot (I will let you know how is tastes!)
Mullerlite yoghurt
Chickpea buns 1
Tea
Pasta n Sauce with mushrooms, peppers, 7 olives 1
3 oz grated cheese (HeA, HeB x 2)

Total syns for day: 2

what are chickpea buns?

im glad you like the lamb shanks im having the lamb doner tomorrow night :) i really enjoy that too x

The chickpea buns are just like cakes actually! The are really moreish and I made mine with a little more sweetner and lemon flavour than the recipe stated, but delicious! They are in the recipe section Hun and worth the effort. You have to blend the chickpeas really well though otherwise you could get chunks!!!

Well another sleepless night!! Hubby's snoring and coughing are too much!!! He has an appointment with the Doctor this morning, so hopefully things will start to improve...who knows?!
Daughter in comparison has been a little angel and is such a pleasure to be with again...how long it will last I dont care, Im enjoying this moment!

17/02/09 - RED DAY

Breakfast
Oat so simple porridge sachet (HeB)
250 ml semi skimmed milk (HeA)
Banana
Grapes
Apple
Lunch
Chicken marinaded in tandoori powder, madras curry powder and lemon juice and grilled.
Salad topped with 2 tbsp Hellmanns extra light mayo 1.5
Mullerlite yoghurt
Orange
Tea
2 tsp Tesco gravy granules 2
Cauliflower, sprouts, green beans, swede, carrots
Asda frozen beef slices in gravy.

3 Mini Babybel light cheese (HeB)

Total syns for day: 3.5

Last edited:
I was a naughty girl last night!!

:break_diet: Actually I dont feel guilty about it either!!
Hubby and I were really busy until quite late and I didnt fancy cooking, so we grabbed a curry on the way home..I know! I had chicken balti with extra curry sauce, 2 poppadoms a small piece of choc orange that they gave me at the restaurant and a chocolate mini roll! It was delicious!
I need to go shopping this evening, I have salad bits and fruit, but no meat etc, so no major issue!

Anyway, back on plan again today and feeling great for a change! :D

18/02/09 - RED DAY

Breakfast
2 Weetabix (HeB)
Banana
Mullerlite yoghurt
Lunch
Green Giant Country Vegetable soup pouch (HeB)
Grapes
Kiwi
Orange
Tea
Asda beef slices in gravy with loads of syn free veg and 2tbsp Tesco Gravy granules 2 (I should have had this yesterday!)

1 packet Asda cheese curls 3.5

Total syns for day: 5.5

:D Well morning all!!!!
Sorry I didn't have the chance to come on here yesterday, I didn't get back from London until quite late. The fantastic news is that the Consultant was really pleased with my progress and concluded the appointment by writing 2 little words on my notes...carry on!!! :D
I am over the moon! It means that I wont see him now until Novemberish time, so I will continue to stick with the SW plan and who knows how thin I will be then??!!!

Anyway, I did stick to the plan 100% yesterday, so another feather in my cap!

20/02/09 - RED DAY

Breakfast
4 Rivita original crispbread (HeB)
Syn free chicken liver and bacon pate
Banana
Apple
Grapes
Orange
Lunch
Asda roast beef in gravy with cabbage, cauliflower, sprouts, swede, green beans.
Mullerlite yoghurt
Tea
Tuna fish salad topped with 2 tbsp Hellmanns extra light mayo 1.5

3 mini Babybel light cheese (HeA)
2 Alpen light bars (HeB)

Total syns for day: 1.5

Yeah!!! Managed to loose another 4lbs this week!!!

How pleased am I????
Another 4lbs off, which takes me to under the next stone mark. :D
I even had half a dark chocolate bounty last night - synned of course, but it was delicious!

Another week to start all over again, so here goes!

23/02/09 - GREEN DAY

Breakfast
2 x Quorn sausages, Heinz Baked Beans, mushrooms and tinned new potatoes.
Banana
Mullerlite yoghurt
Lunch
Syn free Quorn bolognase with pasta shells topped with 6 Laughing Cow Extra light cheese (HeA)
Apple
Orange
Tea
SW Smash pizza topped with 2oz grated cheese (HeB x 2), sweetcorn, peppers, mushrooms, onion and 7 green olives 1

Total syns for the day: 1

Morning all!!
Did a shopping trip to Tesco, Asda and Sainsbury's last night with Daughter. It took ages, as Im sure the world and his wife had the same idea!
Anyway, battled through safe in the knowledge that I am able to stick to the plan for the rest of the week.

24/02/09 - RED DAY

Breakfast
Bacon slices, boiled egg.
2 tbsp Asda eat smart tomato sauce 1
Lunch
Salmon fillet salad topped with 2 tbsp Hellmanns extra light mayo 1.5
Apple
Banana
Mullerlite yoghurt
Tea
Tescos tinned stewing steak in gravy with sprouts, cauliflower, cabbage, carrots, green beans, swede.

2 Alpen light bars (HeB)
3 Mini Babybel light cheese (HeA)

Morning all!!
Did a shopping trip to Tesco, Asda and Sainsbury's last night with Daughter. It took ages, as Im sure the world and his wife had the same idea!
Anyway, battled through safe in the knowledge that I am able to stick to the plan for the rest of the week.

24/02/09 - RED DAY

Breakfast
Bacon slices, boiled egg.
2 tbsp Asda eat smart tomato sauce 1
Lunch
Salmon fillet salad topped with 2 tbsp Hellmanns extra light mayo 1.5
Apple
Banana
Mullerlite yoghurt
Tea
Tescos tinned stewing steak in gravy with sprouts, cauliflower, cabbage, carrots, green beans, swede.

2 Alpen light bars (HeB)
3 Mini Babybel light cheese (HeA)

Hi Mrs V,

Long time no speak. I've missed everyone actually, and it feels really nice to be catching up on all the threads.

You're doing BRILLIANTLY!! Just look at all those stickers :D That's given me inspiration. I know I can do this, but I just kept on tripping myself before. I'm back to class tomorrow and back online, where I can get great support.

Take care
Wonder xx

Hey Huni!!

I was wondering where you had got to!!!
Thank you for the kind words, its been quite easy for me really if Im honest because the band stops me from wanting to eat things I shouldnt...knowing that I couldnt eat it even if I wanted to, especially after eating a main meal works!!! Lol.
You can do it, you just have to remain focused and that really is the hard part.

Its good to know that you are going back to class and coming on here...we are here when you need us!

Take care and I look forward to reading more posts from you!! Its really lovely to see you posting again.

Just noticed this thread, love some of your menues, may copy some of them.:)

Oh and Welcome back Wonder, stop lurking and come and join us.:wave_cry:

Thanks Huni...you copy away!
Its nice to think that I can help someone out!!

Back