My Blue Jeans Dukan Mission...

Hi Andi!

Just popping in to subscribe to your diary :)

Cx

hello dukanista!

nice to hear :) I think? Right I think your the best person to advise me...I don't know how to subscribe to a thread or what that actually means...I'm very very rubbish at this forum malarkey and would really grateful if you could tell me what it is & how I do it :)

xxxx

Hiya Andi! Are you using the web page or the app?

With the app, I only get notifications of the threads that I'm following, so I have to search through the main forum and look for new threads and diaries every so often.

Happy to help anytime ;-)

Day 25 PP

Apart from my really dodgy stomach today, it's been a good day in terms of not cheating & following the rules.

B - porridge
S - banana sponge
L - chicken stir fry
S - banana sponge
D - steak

2 werthers original sugar free
2ltrs of water - never been known!

and a major achievement today...I haven't had a babybel light :) I worry cos they are a new addition since I last did dukan & I am having 2 now most days. Because they are tolerated items and I can have 2, I'm cheating a little bit because I already have cornflour as a tolerated item in my sponges I make....so will see what the scales think of my rule bending on Monday!!

plus did Zumba

contradicted myself yet again cos I started my post with I haven't cheated!!!

work tomorrow :( PV day :)

hope everyone is good!

xxxxx

Hiya Andi! Are you using the web page or the app?

With the app, I only get notifications of the threads that I'm following, so I have to search through the main forum and look for new threads and diaries every so often.

Happy to help anytime ;-)
web page on my iPad....so how do I follow a thread? I've had a look on other peoples diaries & looking for a subscribe to this thread button (not that it's a button!) but can't seem to find it...any ideas? Is the app good?

thanks for helping!

x

Hi there,

Why not download the app? It's free and much nicer to use than the web browser version.

You are automatically 'subscribed' to any thread / conversation that you reply to, and you can also unfollow it later.

I think you're doing fine so far! :)

Where can I find the app?

Got it. Thanks.

Hey peeps, how's everyone doing?

DAY 26 PV

porridge
sponge
carrot sticks
3 sausages
Cottage pie (mince onion herbs onions oxo with swede carrot and parsnip mash)

coke me zero, sugar free werthers, 1.5lts water

ridiculously tired...my Friday is everyone else's Monday...started my week back to work today :( so instead of that Friday feeling, I got the Monday blues, so my sleep was totally pants...digressing...think I'll lay off chicken for the foreseeable and eat a lot more fish instead...

feeling wiped out & bleugh...didn't help my boss placing an individual homemade carrot cake with butter icing in front of my keyboard about 10 mins into my shift...this is not the norm for her, and she was so pleased that she was giving us all a treat...only my best pals at work know I'm back on the dukan, so she didn't know, I just feigned delight and thanks, then when she was back at her desk I swiftly took this cake which had been in front of me for half an hour to my greedy husband (yes he works with me) much to his delight...so he had 2 & I had none :)

and yes....I had a beautiful long sniff before parting with it...

xxxxx

Hey peeps, how's everyone doing? DAY 26 PV porridge sponge carrot sticks 3 sausages Cottage pie (mince onion herbs onions oxo with swede carrot and parsnip mash) coke me zero, sugar free werthers, 1.5lts water ridiculously tired...my Friday is everyone else's Monday...started my week back to work today :( so instead of that Friday feeling, I got the Monday blues, so my sleep was totally pants...digressing...think I'll lay off chicken for the foreseeable and eat a lot more fish instead... feeling wiped out & bleugh...didn't help my boss placing an individual homemade carrot cake with butter icing in front of my keyboard about 10 mins into my shift...this is not the norm for her, and she was so pleased that she was giving us all a treat...only my best pals at work know I'm back on the dukan, so she didn't know, I just feigned delight and thanks, then when she was back at her desk I swiftly took this cake which had been in front of me for half an hour to my greedy husband (yes he works with me) much to his delight...so he had 2 & I had none :) and yes....I had a beautiful long sniff before parting with it... xxxxx

That is seriously impressive! I love carrot cake! And frosting!! Mmmmm
do you think your in ketosis? I've been reading up on it and I assume I am as the cravings have gone and I don't have much appetite. Xx

That is seriously impressive! I love carrot cake! And frosting!! Mmmmm
do you think your in ketosis? I've been reading up on it and I assume I am as the cravings have gone and I don't have much appetite. Xx
God knows!! Never even heard on ketosis until purple mentioned it before...but from what you say...I think I must be cos I'm not having cravings and I could have done without my cottage pie, but glad I made the effort now cos it was yumtastic....
does he mention it in his book....I'm gonna google it now!! Are you? How do you know apart from those sticks which also never heard of!!
xx

God knows!! Never even heard on ketosis until purple mentioned it before...but from what you say...I think I must be cos I'm not having cravings and I could have done without my cottage pie, but glad I made the effort now cos it was yumtastic.... does he mention it in his book....I'm gonna google it now!! Are you? How do you know apart from those sticks which also never heard of!! xx

I have the sticks and they have never said I am! I suppose if I loose tomorrow and the cravings stay away I should just shut up and be happy lol but it's like a game with me when I'm on dukan! I have to do everything by the rules so I win! Yes I know I'm odd! Lol x

I have the sticks and they have never said I am! I suppose if I loose tomorrow and the cravings stay away I should just shut up and be happy lol but it's like a game with me when I'm on dukan! I have to do everything by the rules so I win! Yes I know I'm odd! Lol x
Me toooooo!!!! I keep quoting dukan ( I can't believe I am typing this for public consumption) my personal favourite is "You are at war with your body".......
im obsessed this time round...especially with this forum...I remember your post saying your posting way too much but It's working for me...plus I'm learning so much still.... :)

xxx

Hey peeps...day 27 PP

hope your all enjoying your Saturday!! Ok about to tackle garden...just a thought my weigh day is Monday and just realised it's the day after a PV day, which I don't like doing!!! If everyone weighs weekly, do you weigh on the same day every week? I know the weight loss balances over the course of a week but I know for a fact that I don't get back from work on Sunday til late and I'm gonna have the most humongous portion of my cottage pie with an insane amount of veg...and eating that on Sunday at 9:30pm then weighing first thing Monday morning just ain't sitting easy with me!!! Does anyone hang on an extra day or weigh a day early to avoid this??

xxxxxx

Hmmm your speaking to someone that over analyses everything but yes I would either wait until after a PP day or expect either a smaller loss or a sts which isn't real but the veg may make you retain water xx

That's partly why I weigh every day: so I can work out an 'average' of where I am, and not rely on one day's result to represent the whole week. But I know there are pitfalls... Monday is the 'usual' weigh day but most people are more relaxed with their eating on the weekend. So perhaps pick another day of the week, one that follows a pp day? It will all even out in the end, but we need all the motivation we can get, right? :)

Hmmm your speaking to someone that over analyses everything but yes I would either wait until after a PP day or expect either a smaller loss or a sts which isn't real but the veg may make you retain water xx
Ooooohhhhh I guess that means weigh day for me tomorrow then :) then if it's a disappointing result I can blame the fact it's only a 6 day weigh in :) yes I've decided I'm gonna do that every week, so my weigh day is going to either be Sunday Monday or Tuesday depending on when it works out I'm pp the day before!! Cheers :)

Day 27 pp

porridge
sponge
ham & babybel omelette
tin of tuna
2 sugar free sweets

1.5 ltrs water, no walk but 2 hours of hardcore gardening

this is by far the most boring food day so far, and not nearly enough food, but I've been so busy I haven't been hungry or even thought about food, and though doctor encourages you to 'eat in anticipation of hunger' but the thought of shovelling food down me for the sake of it will put me right off.....

right goals I've been thinking about apart from the main one (my blue skinny jeans) :-

to get into the 10 stone bracket :)
To do the bottom button on my work shirts up without it bursting at the seams :)

Ummmmmm that's the mini goals I can think of that I will hit in next few weeks...once these are done, will do some more.. Little steps and all that

hope everyone is having a good weekend

xxxxxxxx

Day 27 pp porridge sponge ham & babybel omelette tin of tuna 2 sugar free sweets 1.5 ltrs water, no walk but 2 hours of hardcore gardening this is by far the most boring food day so far, and not nearly enough food, but I've been so busy I haven't been hungry or even thought about food, and though doctor encourages you to 'eat in anticipation of hunger' but the thought of shovelling food down me for the sake of it will put me right off..... right goals I've been thinking about apart from the main one (my blue skinny jeans) :- to get into the 10 stone bracket :) To do the bottom button on my work shirts up without it bursting at the seams :) Ummmmmm that's the mini goals I can think of that I will hit in next few weeks...once these are done, will do some more.. Little steps and all that hope everyone is having a good weekend xxxxxxxx

Porridge and sponge?! Tell me more about both?! Do you sweeten the porridge and is it just your oatbran? I miss breakfast! Xx

Porridge and sponge?! Tell me more about both?! Do you sweeten the porridge and is it just your oatbran? I miss breakfast! Xx

The sponge recipe is on page 2 of my diary #19.....I double the amounts and make 2 at a time and they last 5 days if wrapped in foil and kept in the fridge...I'm not gonna lie they take start to finish about an hour in total to make, but cos it's every 5 days I think it's worth my time because it's filling and I tell myself I'm having cake every day :) when I got loads of cake on the go, I sometimes make bread instead of my porridge, so I have sponge and cup of tea for brek then ham or sausage sandwich for lunch on pp days, or I use it as bread to dip in my casserole on PV days, or I do toast it with dukan Nutella.....right I'm salivating now so will have to make some bread in next few days!!!!

porridge yep yep I use my oatbran. I put it in a small bowl mix sweetner in pour in skimmed milk (this is the difficulty in getting the amount right) you think I would have mastered it by now but nope I guess every day...too much it's like grainy milk, too little you can stand your spoon in it, but have a go, I mix the milk in, then micro for 35 seconds, another mix when it comes out and leave to stand for 5 mins and it absorbs the milk and goes nice & porridgey...like ready brek...I loved that as a kid but not had it since....I've seen people on here using a saucepan and heating milk, but there is no way that I'm using a saucepan before 12...no way...it's not natural!!

xxxx

Back