My brand new restart diary - one step at a time

Food sounds amazing lovely! And yep make sure you eat lots when you are run down! The healthier the better as your body is craving nutrients xxxx

Saturday 25th January: Day 3, Week 4

Weight: 8st 10.8lb

So, slight change of plan yesterday. Ended up being pretty busy at work & not actually that hut hungry so come 3pm I still hadn't eaten lunch. Therefore decided to turn into a fast day!

Food ended up being:

B: Fresh raspberries (40kcal)

Snack ehen I got home: Small piece of cheese (50kcal), soup made with 1 large courgette, stock, & spices (60kcal)

D: Leftover chicken curry, 1/2 portion (now have to guess calories for this... Had less than 1 chicken thigh & sauce is tomato, spices, bit of onion & garlic, coriander, & lemon juice.... & then the olive oil. Will allow 300kcal to be on the safe side).
Served with slim rice dry fried with 1 chopped fresh tomato, 100g pak choi, & seasoning. 40kcal for huge plate full & actually v filling :)

Other: Milk in tea (50kcal)

Total: 500-600kcal (depending on accuracy of my curry estimate)

Happy weekend everyone!! Mine started well with a little scales movement, waaaheey. Under a pound to single digit 8s, which is a rareity for me. Still got a cough, snuffles, & tickly throat bit looking forward to a day of chilling :)

Your food sounds amazing on fast days. I'm going to try some of your super low cal meals! xxxx.

Updating for todays food.....

B: Raspberries & kiwis

L: Omlette made with 3 egg whites, 2 yolks, sliced fresh chilli, & dash ss milk (1/2 HexA). Topped with 15g grated cheese (1/2 HexA),& mushrooms in a tomato sauce (onion, garlic, chinese rice vinegar, balsamic vinegar, chopped tomatos, & fresh parsely)

Snack: Muller light, alpen light (1/2 HexB)

D: Adapting a Gordon Ramsey Moroccan lamb recipe to make it syn free, & will have with courgette & pak choi. Followed by pineapple carpaccio with pomegranite, vanilla salt, & mint.

Will use some syns on win, & possibly a little chocolate.

I'm good thanks hun! I'm really intrigued by your dessert..vanilla salt? I've heard of vanilla sugar but never salt. How does it taste with the fruit? Xx

Yeah, it is a bit unusual. But unlike vanilla sugar it' free :) I quite like salt with sweet things, esp salted caramel & green & blacks chocolate with sea salt :drool: My dessert wasn't quite the same as that, but did look pretty!
20140125_195557.jpg
X

Sunday 26th January 2014, Day 4, Week 4

Weight: 8st 9.6lb

Fast day today, will update food later as not sure what it will be yet!

B: 1 med boiled egg (80kcal) & 1 large plum tomato (15kcal)

L: Soup made with 100g BNS, stock, & couple of saffron threads (50kcal). Pomegranate left over from yesterday (50kcal)

D: Fish curry with pak choi (240kcal)

Will prob have a kiwi to bring me up to 500.

Last edited:
Hi hun just catching up on your new diary Wow firstly well done on getting down to the 8's that's fab x Your food sounds lovely making my mouth water & tummy rumble as I read lol xxx

That's my problem to, looking for new recipes as we speak
I've got a muller raspberry choc in fridge heard so Many ppl say its lush can't wait to try tonight

That's my problem to, looking for new recipes as we speak
I've got a muller raspberry choc in fridge heard so Many ppl say its lush can't wait to try tonight

Hope you like it, it's my favourite flavour. Not a huge fan of mullerlights in general, but this one has just enough chocolate in it to taste. And I do love a bit of chocolate :)

X

Wowser your food sounds absolutely scrummy!!
I've been a naughty one over the weekend and think that when I'm back from skiing I'm going to start doing 2 fast days during the week so that busy weekends don't completely throw me off!
Where so you get your slim rice from? What's it like?
Well done for getting into those 8st single digits!! Xxx

I've been taking a look at some 5:2 recipes and definitely some meals I will try! Thanks for the inspiration honey! xxxx

Wowser your food sounds absolutely scrummy!!
I've been a naughty one over the weekend and think that when I'm back from skiing I'm going to start doing 2 fast days during the week so that busy weekends don't completely throw me off!
Where so you get your slim rice from? What's it like?
Well done for getting into those 8st single digits!! Xxx

Haha, thanks tho didn't last long as was 8 10.4 again today! Not that I mind as know it's just a daily fluctuation & will be properly in the single digits before too long. Having said that was a right piggy today, naughty Em! Couldn't stay away from the chocolate & crisps, doh! Still within syns (just!) but wanted to be syn-free today & tomo as a friends cooking for me wed (will be sooo not SW & defo a fair bit of booze) then out for dinner & drinks fri which might be a late one.

I get slim rice from Holland & Barett. Only when it's in the penny sale as would no way pay full price. It's ok..... doesn't taste of much. I basically use it to bulk out meals on 500 days as quite filling for barely any calories. Can't stand the noodles or pasta thpugh, too slimy. Ughhh!

X

Monday 27th January 2014: Day 5, Week 2

Weight: 8st 10.4lb

B: 2 kiwis, muller light, 2 alpen light (HexB 1)

L: BNS & falafel salad, small punnet grapes

Snack: 1 alpen light (1/2 HexB 2), skimmed milk in tea (HexA 1), 15g bar G&Bs choc (4 syns)

D: Cheesy stuffed mushrooms (HexA 2), garlic & rosemary SW wedges, salad. Followed by muller light with 1 alpen light (1/2 HexB 2)

Evening munchies: 1 pack Velvet Crunch crisps (4 syns), 2 mini magnum chocs (6.5 syns)

Total: 14.5 syns

Total syns for week are now c40 for Thurs night, 8 for glass of wine on Sat, taking me to c.65 (roundin up as Thurs is an estimate!) so far. Hopefully that should be OK for Wed night, giving me 25 for booze & 15 for food. Strategy is to have a green day (luckily for my diet, menu is vegetarian :) ) & allow 2 HexBs for oil & 2 HexAs for cheese, which are the 2 main danger areas. Assuming it's not pizza or a pie, the other ingredients should be fairly on plan as long as I resist the bread (v likely to be bread with the meal) & stick to a v small portion of whatevers for dessert. Aim is to also keep to 1/2 bottle of wine, but I should have a bit of a syn buffer just in case!

Tuesday 28th January 2014: Day 6, Week 4

Weight: 8st 9.4lb

Plan for day (500kcal day) is......

L: Salad leaves with cucumber, cherry toms, & 150g roasted BNS (120kcal)
D: King prawn stir fry (140kcal prawns, 150kcal noodles, 60kcal mushroom, garlic, ginger, red pepper, brocolli, soy sauce)

Skimmed milk in tea (guess 50kcal?)

Total: 500-550 kcal

You ok Em? :) xxxx

Hi hun hope your well, your control is amazing when eating out/ with friends I always think stuff it I'll eat what I want. I suppose if it's something you do often you have to have some resolve

Xx

Back