My brand new restart diary - one step at a time

*slinks back in.....*

So, I have been . Very bad. Silly Em! However after an admittedly very fun week where I somehow managed to eat out every day, drink quite a bit of wine & cocktails, & munch my way through alot of biscuits & chocolate (the alcohol & totm sugar cravings were too much!!) I am now back. Line is very firmly drawn, yesterday was my first 100% day back & today my first 500kcal day. Feel soooo much better already after a couple of days of cutting out the junk & booze.

Going to wait until WI next thurs before braving the scales. Got a bit of a shock Fri morn after weight had shot up to over 9st :eek: So would be too depressing if i'd gained back all my Jan losses :(

Off to catch up on diaries now.....

X

Update - food for thurs (day 1)
L: 2 slices WW bread with veg soup (200kcal)
D: Leek, fennel & wild mushroom risotto made with slim rice, & 1 egg beaten with 30g light philli with garlic & herbs 300kcal)

Last edited:
*slinks back in.....* So, I have been . Very bad. Silly Em! However after an admittedly very fun week where I somehow managed to eat out every day, drink quite a bit of wine & cocktails, & munch my way through alot of biscuits & chocolate (the alcohol & totm sugar cravings were too much!!) I am now back. Line is very firmly drawn, yesterday was my first 100% day back & today my first 500kcal day. Feel soooo much better already after a couple of days of cutting out the junk & booze. Going to wait until WI next thurs before braving the scales. Got a bit of a shock Fri morn after weight had shot up to over 9st :eek: So would be too depressing if i'd gained back all my Jan losses :( Off to catch up on diaries now..... X

Yay your bk,
Well done on drawing the line you've worked so hard I'm sure your hard work won't be undone .
Everyone deserves a weekend of xx

Quick update with yesterdays SW yumminess:

L:Veg soup
D: Chicken katsu. This was amaaaazing, defo one of my new fave SW recipes :) Also had some pak choi with it. Oh, & a cheeky small glass of wine (8 syns)

HexA: Milk in tea & coffee
HexB: Breadcrumbs

Saturday 8th Feb, Day 3, Week 6

Lovely red day for me today :)

Brunch: 2 x BGTY cumberland sausages (1 syn), 2 fried eggs, cherry toms cooked with onion, garlic, & balsamin vinegar, fried mushrooms, & 1 ww petit pain (HexB 1)

Snacks: 1 punnet cherries, ff fromage frais, cheese (HexA), lychees

1 lychee cocktail (6 syns for 60ml vodka & 15ml contreau. Refuse to syn the fresh lime juice or 3 lychees as would have eaten the lychees anyway, haha)

D: Rick stein kofta curry recipe adapted to make it syn-free, served with pan fried salt & pepper courgette & pak choi. 1 glass red wine (8 syns).

1 choc orange muller & choc fudge alpen light (HexB 2).

Total syns: 15 / 15

Syns for the week: 23 / 45

Last edited:
Ooo katsu recipe pleeeeaase?! Tell me it tastes like wagamanas!! Xxx

Of course lovely - recipe is here: Chicken Katsu Curry | Slimming Eats - Slimming World Recipes

I changed it slightly to make syn-free. Missed out the apple, added sweetner instead of honey, & stirred in some chopped coriander at the end. Can't remember how similar is is to Wagas as only had katsu the once which was a long time ago. However, I loved both theirs & this version so hope it doesn't disappoint!

X

You sound like an amazing cook lovely girl xxxx

Oh my lord your Saturday sounds delicious! I'm going to have to plan the katsu in soon for sure! If I can replicate a wagas completely synfree I think I'll be in heaven!
That lychee cocktail sounds amazing too....lychees are so underrated!!
How's your Monday been?! Xx

Def need to try this katsu recipe! Thanks Em!

Can't believe you've almost lost a stone in a month!! That's incredible!!! x

Although sadly I managed to put half of it back on with a naughty week :( Last time I checked the scales I was 9st 1lb, just too upsetting to put on my sig haha. I think when I have a lot of alcohol & carbs I must retain a lot of water. Generally my weight doesn't fluctuate much but when I start a diet I get a big drop. Likewise, if I have a bad couple of days it shoots up. Ah well

C

Oh my lord your Saturday sounds delicious! I'm going to have to plan the katsu in soon for sure! If I can replicate a wagas completely synfree I think I'll be in heaven!
That lychee cocktail sounds amazing too....lychees are so underrated!!
How's your Monday been?! Xx

Yes! I love lychees! They were on offer in sainsburys, & I thought what better way to put them to use than in a cocktail!

My Mondays been ok I guess, though like a lot of people I'm generally not a Monday fan!

X

Quick update with eats!

Sunday

L: Courgette & parmesan soup with a little chilli & ginger, & then a spoonful of ff fromage frais stirred through at the end. This was actually a very annoying little soup! I had a very productive morning cleaning, went to blend my soup & obviously hadn't assembled the blender properly as it leaked & went everywhere! Was quite yummy though & only 100kcal :)

Snack: 4 lychees (30kcal)

D: Portugese fish stew (300kcal) with steamed fennel (30kcal)

4 sqaures dark choc (100kcal, 5 syns)

Total: 560kcal, 5 syns

Monday

L: BNS & falafel salad

D: Quorn pieces cooked in a tomato & herb sauce with garlic & herb philli stirred through (HexA) & ww petit pain (HexB) & salad

12 syns worth of chocolate, oops.

Syns for week so far: 38 / 75

Trying to keep syns low this week as really want to undo last weeks damage! Esp as next week won't be great.... Cooking dinner in on Fri but will def have wine, maybe experiment with a couple of cocktails, & will prob have some kind of dessert. Then on Sat night we're out to Smiths of Smithfields (one of John Torrodes restaurant for anyone who watches masterchef) & that will defo involve a lot of naughtiness! Then tues night I'm out for drinks & dinner. So can only expect a sts at best that week me thinks.

Oh wow, what an awesome few days of eats you have coming up!! As always, we live in hope of damage limitation through the fast days! Hehe! 9st1lb isn't too bad in the grand scheme of things...I'm sure you'll have that down in no time! :) can't wait to hear about john torrodes place!! :) xx

Sounds like you've got some fun times ahead! :) xxxx

Today started badly. Very badly. Going to sound a bit moany here, haha. So feel free to skip this post as it's quite dull!!! Basically I had a little peek on the scales yesterday & it showed 8st11. Not great (considering I was seeing 8st9s for a few days a couple of weeks ago), but not devastating. Anyway food yesterday was on plan (overnight oats with berries, BNS salad then pineapple, quorn & veg stir fry with noodles for my meals & then snacks of 1 mullerlight, 1 alpen light, 10 syns choc, & milk in teas) but this morn my weight had gone up to 8st13. Its not the day to day fluctuations that bother be but just felt that I am just going round in circles (or up & down on the scales) but not getting anywhere in the long run. I put on a stone over Christmas, thought most of it had come off in Jan but then less than a week off plan & I put on 5lb!!! So, was in a bad mood already, then it started raining on my way to work, & then things started going badly at work & I resorted to chocolate :(

This next bit is going to make me sound really crazy, but I went out to get some lunch (still raining & was v tempted to get a huge lovely bagette & some crisps) when I popped into waitrose to get my free coffee (cheapskate as well as crazy, ha) & noticed some reduced price pigs cheeks for 77p! Now for some reason this immediately cheered my up & I realised how stupid I was being (I do love a good reduced price bargain!!!). So can just about save today & go to my original plan of 500kcal, woo hoo! Had 180kcal of choc, then bought a huge pack of stir-fry veg for 180kcal which I'll cook with 1 50kcal quorn fillet, garlic, ginger, & soy sauce. All is good again now & I've decided that even though my losses are snails pace then if I hadn't have done anything chances are I'd be 1-2 stone heavier.

As an aside, anyone know if cheeks are free? Couldn't find the syns anywhere, but assuming they are. 133kcal/100g which I don't think is worse than other allowed meats.

Thursday 13th February 2014, Day 1, Week 7

Weight: 8st 11.8lb

Can't say I'm not disappointed, over 2lb heavier than I was 2 weeks ago & same weight that I was on 14th Jan! One week off plan appears to have set me back a whole month which depresses me a bit :( Oh well, it is what it is & maybe it will teach me not to go AWOL.....

I am now desperate for a loss this week, & this is my plan:

- Fast days on Thurs, Sun, Mon, & Wed. Not something I'd usually do (as now have 2 double 500kcal days which scares me slightly) but as I said I will be totally gutted if I don't get a small loss.

- Friday - the boy wants to cook so meal is unlikely to be be syn-free. However he knows I'm on a diet (just not quite all the ins & outs) & is very supportive so it's not likely to be high syn either. I'm going to allow up to 15syns of alcohol (fewer if dinner is unexpectedly high in syns), so probably a couple of glasses of wine but no cocktail. And def no dessert or chocolate unfortunately.

-Saturday I'm going to be mindful when eating out. Not going to stress about syns in each dish but will try & make good compromises between what I fancy & what sounds the best SW-wise. Will also have 1/2 bottle of wine & try to limit any additional drinks.

- Tuesday I'm not sure where we're going yet, but defo going to pick what I think is the most SW compatible. Hopefully there will be at least 1 good option! Will limit myself to 1 g& diet tonic in the bar beforehand & a max of 2 glasses wine with dinner. Will only have a starter if my friend really wants one & there's something low-syn & defo no dessert!

Really really hope this works!

Don't be disheartened huni. You had a bit of a blow out and enjoyed yourself at the time...don't over think the 'this is where I was a month ago' situations...just keep looking forward. We're all guilty of taking 2 steps forward and one step back from time to time, but the important thing is that we just crack on and take those next two steps forward again....
Sounds like a lot of fast days coming up, but if you know you're going to have a Challenging few days of eating out etc then I completely understand you wanting to ensure as much damage limitation as possible. Good luck! And don't be hard on yourself!! You're under 9st...and I'd kill for that right now!! Xxx

Back