My Diet Chef Diary!

Sorry to hear you've had a bad day :( Fingers crossed it is better tomorrow.

Edinburgh - always fancied giving the festival a whirl, plus seeing the castle :D

Work is a pain huh Jess - have you escaped home now?

Edinburgh is on my list of couple-night-stops places to try and get to this year, I fancy staying at the Hilton for the luxury lol Would love to visit the surrounding countryside bits (I love the Billy Connolly Scotland tour dvd, makes everything look lush) but not got m'own transport but still Edinburgh seems a good introduction to the country :) Are you from Scotland originally or moved there from elsewhere?

I was born in Ipswich, but moved to Scotland when I was quiet young! Love Scotland, would recommend you come up during the festival, so much going on!

I just asked m'fella when could we come up there this year and he said 'whenever the festival isn't on' 'cause it'll be too crowded lol Ah well - when is that on anyway? I was thinking autumn time would be nice for walking about the place?

We're being very unexotic and going to Sheffield and York in february/march for two nights I think lol It's away from home and should be picking a decent hotel so it's better than nothing :D

York is nice, as is Lincoln if you want a good workout going up almost vertical hills haha!

But Sheffield? What's there then apart from the ice hockey team and Meadowhall? I'm very ignorant when it comes to Sheffield even though I've been there many times.

That's all I know about it... the Meadowhall lol M'boyfriend was born (not bork lol) there apparently (but only stayed 2 years) but goes there occassionally with his mum. I'm thinking mostly it'll just be for a change from home rather than a big lot of sightseeing - plus just found we can get super discount rates for the Hilton place which will have it's own pool and gym so I can just spend time there to work of any breakfast pastries lol

Not been in a gym before so it'll be an experience, I'd be more tempted to try fitness first if they had a pool round here but noooo. Heh and I don't fancy doing a free trial day as I'm guessing 75% or more of the time will be spent with a skinny bod hammering me into buying a year's membership lol

Last edited:
Hehe - my friend goes to Fitness First and likes it, but like you say, it should have a pool! But then I'd probably spend all my time floating in the pool and not working out. I am seriously thinking of joining but then am I too lazy to go! Hmm, will have to think on it.

Jess - hope you have a good evening :D

I'll see what I think of the free one in the hotel probably, though I might try the one in the Aquatics Centre in town as I like to go there swimming (not been while it's too cold though). But then again I think the gym bit is in a goldfish bowl near the pool and vice versa... be a pain struggling on a treadmill watching people messing about in the water lol

True :) My last gym experience consisted of sauna, turkish bath, sauna :p

Isn't there a gym at Robinson Wright or whatever that sport school near Debdale is called that they spent several million on? I may look into that - not sure if they have a pool thought.

I'll see what I think of the free one in the hotel probably, though I might try the one in the Aquatics Centre in town as I like to go there swimming (not been while it's too cold though). But then again I think the gym bit is in a goldfish bowl near the pool and vice versa... be a pain struggling on a treadmill watching people messing about in the water lol

I am gonna try going swimming on a Thursday, its the only day at the mo that I don't have kids, so will try to get bag ready the night before and go after dropping daughter off at school, but then it will eat up some of my forum time.....;)
Now thats a good excuse!!lol

lol Wright Robinson - I don't know but would you fancy going to a gym attatched to a high school?

Mn I think I'll go swimming costume shopping next week and get myself down there - when I go regularly I really notice the difference it does both shrinking my upper half and back and it helps my back ache along with yoga'ing (I do that at home with a barbara currie dvd). Getting a bit fed up trying to find a costume that fits for more than a couple of weeks 'cause I'm two sizes bigger on my bottom half and am surprisingly small up top in proportion to the rest of me so things *cough* pop out of the costume risking indecent exposure lol Keep having to stop every couple of lengths to resecure the casings :8855:

haha I had a costume like that - I flashed a group of fellas in Healthly Living which used to be on Quay Street.

Love the excuse Shep - you are so right. We exercise our fingers by posting ;)

Hmm, high school - I believe it's open to the public, i.e. non-high school, in the evening and they do an introduction, but I doubt it will be a as indepth as Fitness First. Maybe I will stick to my Wii Fit and Youtube vids hehe

lol Wright Robinson - I don't know but would you fancy going to a gym attatched to a high school?

Mn I think I'll go swimming costume shopping next week and get myself down there - when I go regularly I really notice the difference it does both shrinking my upper half and back and it helps my back ache along with yoga'ing (I do that at home with a barbara currie dvd). Getting a bit fed up trying to find a costume that fits for more than a couple of weeks 'cause I'm two sizes bigger on my bottom half and am surprisingly small up top in proportion to the rest of me so things *cough* pop out of the costume risking indecent exposure lol Keep having to stop every couple of lengths to resecure the casings :8855:

Why not try a tankini, that what I have and I haven't flashed anyone yet.....

Think I will try a tankini out indeed thanks for the thought Shep - had a look on evans and they've got a couple, dunno where else might have larger sizes for the bottom half, think I definitely needed to try on before I buy to check it's gonna hold everything in lol

Oh DON'T!!!!! The thought of those mankinis!!!!!! :thinking2: :sign0137:

...:confused:

I'm not sure if I really want to know this, but what in god's name is a MANkini?? :8855:

Back