Neonic's Dukan Diary

Well I haven't updated properly since Monday night. It's been a bit of a strange week. Found out on Wednesday that a girl I used to work with passed away that day. She was 3 years younger than me. I'm only 31. Needed someone to talk to so stupidly text my ex. Not good. Won't move on if we keep talking. We broke up 2 years ago and I've been single since. He's text me every day since Wednesday to check I'm ok.
On a positive side, I've been looking for a new place to rent. Went to see a nice but very small house on Wednesday afternoon. I've made them an offer so just waiting to hear. Really hope I get it as I really want to live on my own again and my house mates are getting a place together (They're a couple) so I need to move anyway. Fingers crossed I hear on Monday.

Food wise I have been an angel all week. Made cheeseburger pies with BBQ sauce yesterday and had the leftovers today. This is definitely my new favourite PP day meal.

Confession time............. Last night I had a small glass of rosè. It was absolutely amazing and of all the things I could've cheated with, this was by far the best choice. Trouble is, I really really really want another glass tonight. I'm home on my own and I'm doing everything I can not to have a glass. I have had way too much diet coke but I figure this is better than the wine.
Funny thing is, I only half regret it. I enjoyed it so much that its taken the regret away. Haha.

After my little lapse I'm not going to weigh myself for a few days.

I've eaten loads today. Think its down to boredom. Everything I've even has been completely dukan friendly though.

Hey Nic

Best of luck with the house!

And I say have a glass of wine then start Sunday with your itch firmly scratched, me darlin'!

Okay okay, off to the naughty corner I go!! ;)

P x

Good luck with your new home and scary when a young peron dies. Like you said move on and hope your itch is scratched :D

Well I've just popped in to let you all know how my housemates healthy eating smoothie diet is going.......... He's currently making sausage casserole and she's just polished off a grab bag of wotsits and half a chocolate orange.

Ordinarily I would have been dying for some of the chocolate orange but it really didn't phase me. I had a lovely bowl of FF natural yogurt with oatbran and SF jelly. It was lovely.

I'm off to polish my halo!!!

Well I've just popped in to let you all know how my housemates healthy eating smoothie diet is going.......... He's currently making sausage casserole and she's just polished off a grab bag of wotsits and half a chocolate orange.

Ordinarily I would have been dying for some of the chocolate orange but it really didn't phase me. I had a lovely bowl of FF natural yogurt with oatbran and SF jelly. It was lovely.

I'm off to polish my halo!!!

Hi Nic, Don't you secretly just love the diet moral high ground!! lol :D

Hi Nic, Don't you secretly just love the diet moral high ground!! lol :D

Absolutely love it. Last night they sat and polished off a Christmas tube of munchies. It's still not phasing me though.

Haven't properly updated for a few days again. I'm pleased to say I am still sticking to plan. Even went out for tea tonight. I suggested nandos which my friend was happy with. Turned out she had a voucher for a free platter so we had a whole chicken, she had chips, I had plain salad. It was extremely hard not to pick on the chips as they were right there in front of me. It was more habit that I wanted them tho. I was more than happy to just have chicken and salad, although I could probably have eaten all of the chicken myself. I had most of it anyway.

In work we are doing a weightloss challenge. Every store has the chance to enter a team of 4 people to lose as much weight as they can over 4 weeks. Unfortunately I've already started so my weight loss is likely to slow down. Never the less, I am part of the challenge. It starts on Monday. Think I'd better start exercising now then to try and make sure my losses continue. I have to go into work for a few hours tomorrow morning so my plan is to eat breakfast in work (I have a box of oatbran in my locker) then go to the gym before I come home. That's my plan. I just need to make it happen. Gym bag is already in the car, just need to make sure I take my headphones with me.

No news on my house so I still don't know when or if I will be moving. I emailed them again this morning, so hopefully I'll get an answer tomorrow.

Better get to bed now as I have to be up at 4.30.

Night.xx

up at what time? Goodness gracious! I am smiling at reading about your flatmates' current food intake. While we wish them no ill, these Dukan diet saboteurs are sometimes so cruel that we we can allow ourselves to feel a little smug.

As for breakfast at work, I always eat my muffins there... do you just have the oatbran spooned into yoghurt? Try the muffin recipe if you've not already - you can double or quadruple the quantities and have four days' breakfasts sorted! They freeze well too!

Fingers crossed for the new place.

I'm also chuckling at your flat mates eating haha. Good luck on the challenge... D ur work m8s need weight loss plaques lol

We have a microwave in work so I make oat bran porridge Jo. I've always loved cereal in the morning. If I could have weetabix I would be extremely happy. Oat bran porridge is the next best thing. I have however made muffins for tomorrow. I'm on a course so I've made muffins to eat on the train.

Well, the gym didn't happen. Only had 4 hours sleep last night so when I finished work I had to have more sleep.

Haven't done much with the rest of my day. I came home had my breakfast, then when my housemate went to work I fell asleep on the sofa.

Food for today...

Breakfast - Oat bran porridge
Lunch - 3 Chicken legs
Snack - 2 Boiled eggs
Tea - Roast beef with poached egg.

I've made muffins and mini quiches to take with me tomorrow. I'll attempt to have scrambled eggs before I leave. Have to walk to the train station in the morning which takes about 25 minutes then I'll walk back in the evening so that'll be my exercise. I really need to up my exercise now. I say up my exercise, I should really have said I need to start exercising.

A quick morning weigh in shows 0.5lb off taking me to 13.5lb in total. Saturday is my official one month weigh in though. Fingers crossed I lose at least another half a pound to make it to a stone.

I've just figured out, I need to lose 1.9lb a week to make it to my TW on time. That's doable. If i stick to plan!!

Today's exercise well and truly done. Train leaving at 8am. 25 minute walk to the station plus need to buy tickets. Still in the house at 7.40.

I made it!!! Against the wind too. Shattered now and I've got another 3 of those walks to do today.

Good good, Nic, walking is good! :D

P x

Well, my second walk of the day was again against the wind, but this time with rain thrown in as well. My poor umbrella is in the bin as the wind snapped it. I also too the wrong road so my 20 minute walk took 40 minutes.

I have to say, my fourth walk of the day, even though there was no rain or wind, was much more difficult than the first. My feet hurt now. The boots I had on definitely weren't made for walking.

I made some muffins to eat on the train this morning. I flavoured them with a little reduced fat cocoa power and orange flavouring. I was really looking forward to them but they were disgusting!!!! I'm quite glad they were as now I won't be craving chocolate for a while. I'll stick to my porridge or lemon muffins I think. The quiches I made however, were gorgeous!! Chicken, turkey bacon, mushrooms, peppers and spring onions. Best quiches I've made so far.

Managed to get some slim rice from holland and Barrett today. They didn't have any of the noodles though so I just bought 4 packs of the rice. Had it tonight with my tea and I really enjoyed it. I seasoned it with a little salt, turmeric and tandoori spice mix. Much nicer than last time.

So today's food.....

Breakfast - Slice of roast beef, mini muffins, 1 mini quiche.
Snack - mini quiche
Lunch - 2 boiled eggs, mini quiches
Snack - mini quiche
Tea - Tandoori prawns with slim rice

Food was pretty repetitive as I was on a course so I only had what I took with me. No fridge so I didn't want to take too much.

fab menu nic xxx

You're doing really well Hun x

Thought I'd better update about my weekend.

Firstly...... I've got the house... Woohoo. Well, I get the keys on the 11th. I can't wait. It's going to be so nice having my own place. I don't officially move in until the 25th but I really can't wait!!!

Last night my housemates mum and dad took us out for a meal. I have to admit, I did have a treat but I didn't go overboard and I have been straight back on PP today. So the meal.....
Starter - Mushrooms in a cheese sauce with garlic bread
Main - Amazing steak with plain side salad, iceberg wedge (with a little cocktail dressing) and onion loaf which remained firmly on my plate.

To drink I had 2 medium glasses of wine then I switched to water.

Truthfully, I don't think that's too bad. I could quite easily have had chips instead of side salad, dressing on the salad, sauce with my steak, more wine and a dessert, all of which I would've had if I wasn't on dukan. I still feel in control which I guess is the main thing.

The weightloss challenge starts tomorrow. I have to weigh myself in the morning and register my weight. The challenge is on for 4 weeks and it goes by individual weight loss as well as team weight loss. I really do have to be good now.

Great controlled choices Nic. Great news about your own places xxx

Back