1. MiniMins members lost 144 Stone in January! Why not join in the conversation today?
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi Guest, let me just say that you are awesome for signing up to MiniMins. Your account is now validated. Your first few posts will be moderated. This is mainly to prevent spam showing on our forum. Dont worry we will get to your post most likely within 30 minutes between 8am and 11pm. Thanks again!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Dismiss Notice

New and so confused.

Discussion in 'Very Low Calorie Diets' started by cherl889, 6 July 2014 Social URL.

1. cherl889

cherl889 Loves this site!

Hi everyone. I've struggled for ages trying to lose my last stone. I lost 4st then gained 10lb. I was low carbing before as that's what worked for me but I'm at a stage in my life where I'm constantly on the go and work shifts. I just want something cheap (ish) and easy. Not to mention tasty. I've been considering a shake diet of some type but here's my dilemma. Which one do I choose? Money isn't great so the cheaper the better. Taste, it needs to keep my taste buds on side lol. Also my biggest problem is once at goal what do I do then? What do I eat without gaining it all back for actually eating meals?
    So sorry for all the questions.

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

Register a free account with MiniMins and join in the conversation!
  3. cherl889

Sorry, ignore my weight on my post as it's not correct and can't work out how To change my profile on an iPhone

4. cherl889

I'm doing it. I'm just putting my dd down for a nap and I'm going to order my shakes. My old crew mate just text me saying she's lost 1st in 2wks so it's given me the kick up the backside to order. Good thing is we are camping together in a few weeks time so there won't be any cheating going on as she's coming with us. He can be a right bag when I want her to be too lol. We worked together for 6yrs so she knows me well enough to push me in the right direction.
    Looks like the big bottle of pimms will be staying a big bottle of pimms for a lot longer than expected. I don't mind. Big bottle of pimms or big fat backside for my holiday........hmmmmm not much competition there

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins.com

5. BELLE OF THE BALL

BELLE OF THE BALL Well-Known Member

Good luck with your weight loss and achieving your goal, hope your having a good day.

6. cherl889

Ahhh thank you. Are you doing a vlcd too? I'm just ordering as I type this

7. cherl889

All ordered and raring to go lol

8. BELLE OF THE BALL

BELLE OF THE BALL Well-Known Member

I've only just started out, I'm counting calories and eating healthy, so fingers crossed I will loose my weight (I do however realise that loosing weight isn't down to luck), let me know how you get on, hope you get the results your wanting x

9. cherl889

Thanks. I've been low carbing for years and have to say that's got to be the best by far but I need a quick fix to reset my system.
    Here's hoping for both of us! Are you following a specific plan or doing your own?

10. JulesT

JulesT Member

Hi Cheryl - I ordered my shakes whilst on holiday in France last week with a view to starting this Monday. It would now appear to be Wednesday and I still haven't started!! What plan are you following? I am supposed to be doing Shake that Weight but I just don't seem to be able to get going! I need to lose four stone in total and at least two in the next seven weeks as I am going to be horribly old at the end of August and then am off on holiday again. Last time wasn't too bad as it was at a villa with no-one but family around but next time I will have to go out in public in a swimsuit so there is more pressure!!!

Let me know how you are doing anyway, and what you decided to do. Perhaps we could motivate one another!

Jules xx :)

11. cherl889

Hey Jules.
    I've ordered *****due to the great price. Fancy budding up? We could start on the same day and motivate each other as I know the first week will be hard!

Where did you go to in France? We love it there and usually take our caravan but this year we are flying. We are doing something we never do and are going back to a place we have been before. It's called Argeles. It's so lovely there and I really can't wait.
    So.........your starting on Friday......right!!!?????

Last edited by a moderator: 9 July 2014
  12. MummyNurse

MummyNurse Well-Known Member

Hi guys I'm on the 2nd day of *********but I'm adding the 200g of veg/salad and an extra meal for a wee while as I have over 7 stone to get rid of, I'm tired, headachy and cold today and no sign of ketosis yet x

Last edited by a moderator: 9 July 2014
  13. cherl889

Ooooh it might show tomorrow. Drink plenty if fluids and take some paracetamol. It will pass. Try not to dehydrate while in ketosis as it's very easily done.

14. cherl889

Ooooh forgot to ask mummy nurse what do you make of the meals? They don't look very nice but I'm hoping they taste better than they look. Let's face it space food could never look gourmet could it lol

15. MummyNurse

I had the cottage pie yesterday with 200g of steamed broccoli ( the broccoli was lovely ) the meal was very artificial but edible and sorta filling, it all tastes artificial and powdery really , the shakes are nice but really sweet, the porridge was foul till I put some crushed sweetener in it, just starting to get the metallic taste so hopefully will be in ketosis tomorrow . X

16. cherl889

I've got that but so intense due to steroids :0( I have a feelin the weight loss fairy will pay you a visit tonight. This is what I've ordered ......
    7 muesli
    10 chocolate shakes
    10 strawberry shakes
    5 vanilla shakes
    7 banana shakes
    15 spag Bol
    12 cottage pie
    8 spicy chilli
    10 bars
    1 blackcurrant water flavouring
    1 orange and lemon water flavouring

17. MummyNurse

Just had spag no, that was nice a bit like pot noodle, I've taken paracetamol and drunk another 500ml water, been weeing for England so may have a sneaky weigh tomorrow to hopefully spur me on as it's my first VCLD shift at work x

18. cherl889

Got to ask, are you a nurse?

19. MummyNurse

Yup, couldn't think of another name when the one I had in mind was already in use. The muesli sounds okay, that wasn't in stock when I ordered my stuff and only salted caramel were available. I have ordered the Keediet starter bundle to see what it's like tho I imagine they are all of a muchness x

20. cherl889

I'm a medic! Lol. At last I can talk to someone that understands hunger on a night shift lol

21. cherl889

Can't work out how to pm you on my phone. Was going to ask where you work? If it's somewhere in London we may have met!!!!