New poster, new beginning

BigS

Real name Seán
Seems to be a higher percentage of Women on here so I'm gonna up the male ratio. Watched my DVD tonight (inspiring stuff, like a Holywood blockbuster !) and will be getting weighed and my foodstuffs on Monday after one last horay at a Wedding tomorrow. Nice to meet you all.

Hi Big S, I find it helps to have a firm plan to go with your definite start date. I drew up a table with columns for date, week number, comments, target weight and actual weight. There's just so much satisfaction hitting andeven exceeding targets! First week is pretty tough so be determined to stick with it. I love coming to the forum and reading the posts, it encourages me and helps me stay on track. All the best with your start and life-changing weight loss journey!

Hi and welcome BigS!

There may be more of us ladies on here but we still speak to the men! Good luck on starting LT, come on here for support or just a chat, it can be a real lifesaver at times.

Thanks all, just started today, got weighed. 20st 13 3/4lb. Had 1st shake at lunch in work and it was like an undercover operation carried out in the disabled toilets as I'm keeping it quiet to save on lectures of people who have never had to lose weight but are experts anyway. I'll be pre-preparing them in a drinks holder from now on ! Choc shake was sound, gonna try vanilla for dinner. I'm well excited about next week already. The major problem I've found so far is just remembering. I was made a coffee today and near enough drank it as if on autopilot. Same when offered a chewing gum but caught myself on. How do I go about updating my profile with my stats ? Oh, and I can't seem to have access anyone's profile pics, I'm sure they are even more inspirational than the messages.

Welcome BigS. My other half has just finished this diet, he started in January at 21st 10lbs and has not got down to 16st. He didn't tell anyone he was doing the diet either at first, but as the weight started to drop off everyone wanted to know how he was managing it. He had a few "oooh I couldn't do that" or "it can't be good for you" his replies were "I'm doing the diet not you and at the size I was wasn't good for me either" Even his doctor was amazed how well the diet had worked and is going to have a go himself!

Looking forward to hearing how well you've done on your first weigh in. Remember lots of water and keep logging on here for support. This is the nicest forum I've ever come across.

Cheers Lou, I'll tell no one to start with. You're looking great, loving the update to snazzier shirt as the weight comes off. I'm currently at the stage of having to buy what fits and not what I like and it means I don't even bother getting new clothes.

My hubby has lost 10 inches from his waist. He bought his very first pair of Levis jeans the other day and he's gone from 3XL to XL in tops. He's loving all his new clothes, I think he feels a lot younger being able to shop in all shops rather than just those that do plus sizes. I'm dead chuffed for him.

My hubby has lost 10 inches from his waist. He bought his very first pair of Levis jeans the other day and he's gone from 3XL to XL in tops. He's loving all his new clothes, I think he feels a lot younger being able to shop in all shops rather than just those that do plus sizes. I'm dead chuffed for him.

Great, Lou, that you and your husband are losing weight together as a couple. Congrats to you both!

Thanks all, just started today, got weighed. 20st 13 3/4lb. Had 1st shake at lunch in work and it was like an undercover operation carried out in the disabled toilets as I'm keeping it quiet to save on lectures of people who have never had to lose weight but are experts anyway. I'll be pre-preparing them in a drinks holder from now on ! Choc shake was sound, gonna try vanilla for dinner. I'm well excited about next week already. The major problem I've found so far is just remembering. I was made a coffee today and near enough drank it as if on autopilot. Same when offered a chewing gum but caught myself on..

Well done for starting. Stick with it through the first week which is the most challenging -you'll be glad you did!

welcome, welcome, welcome - i'm pretty new here myself - it takes a while to find your way around - but well worth the effort - loads of friendly support.

Well done on getting started. The longest journey starts with one step and you have started yours. Don't premix your shaks as some of the nutrients are water soluble and should be consumed shortly after mixing. Why not have one shake for breakfast and your second one in the evening. Stick with water and coffee/tea throughout the day.
Keep up your water intake as it really helps with the hunger pangs and the plain boredom of nothing to do. It is only on TFR that we realise just how much time we spend eating/preparing or thinking about food!!
lots of luck

Hope you're doing OK today BigS. Like Molly said, unfortunately you can't make up the shakes beforehand. You have to drink them within 15 minutes of making them cos you'll lose vital nutrients and things if you do. Shame cos it would make this so much easier.

Good luck and keep up the good work!

Ahhh, it seems a new form of attack is required. I'm gonna go with the one for breakfast and one when I get home manoeuvre. Having the 1st shake of day 2, feeling sound though my stomach is singing the chorus from 'The Frog Song'.

yey nice to see other guys.... good luck, ive just started aswell day4...

Back