New year, fresh start, new target and new goals

Thanks!! I did treat myself to a garlic bread and chocolate last night, but think I just needed something naughty after being so good all week.
Today is going pretty well, except I'm feeling really hungry all the time. On the brightside.... I'm joining a new gym tonight where the OH goes, and they have a steam room which I'm excited about.

My aim for this year is to get stronger. And cross train more.
So at least I'm getting started with that tonight.

I only went for a look around, will be going properly Friday I think. They have an insanity class? Anyone done these before? I'm thinking I may give it a go.
I might also go tonight after running, as they have a lovely hydrotherapy pool so that be nice just to wind down.

Well done on your loss! Good for you with all the exercise too. I can't exercise at the moment but I'm hoping to be back into it in a couple of weeks or so. The Insanity class sounds great, I'm going to see if there's any near me too! xx

I only went for a look around, will be going properly Friday I think. They have an insanity class? Anyone done these before? I'm thinking I may give it a go.
I might also go tonight after running, as they have a lovely hydrotherapy pool so that be nice just to wind down.

Is it an expensive chain gym Jennie? My new gym is Virgin Active and it really is lovely but it's soooo expensive (£52!!)! My last one was LA Fitness but it was £20 (£32) cheaper pcm! x

Is it an expensive chain gym Jennie? My new gym is Virgin Active and it really is lovely but it's soooo expensive (£52!!)! My last one was LA Fitness but it was £20 (£32) cheaper pcm! x

It's Total Fitness? It's only down the road, but much better than the council run one that I was previously a member of.
It's a pretty big gym, has lots of classes, including early morning spin class ;)
I'm really looking forward to getting started on going, so might nip in later to use the hydro pool and steam room. See what time is like, if not I'll definitely be there tomorrow for the insanity class after work...

Great weekend! Completely on plan.
3.2 miles on Saturday.
10.2 miles on Sunday.
Total syns for the weekend: 20.5/30
Down side - Star week... And my scales are showing a very slight gain/maintain.
Not weighing in tomorrow. May go later in the week once the bloat subsides.

Another on plan day planned for today. And the OH is going to help me with some weight training later to start toning up a little more which I am pretty excited about as I've never really attempted weight's properly before besides a few classes I used to do about a year and a half ago. Using it to get a little more toned.

Anyway! Happy monday people.

Ooooooh let me know how you get on with the weights! I wish I had someone to do it with me. PTs are soooo expensive!!x

Same! I always feel like a right plonker as well. But I think it's because I don't really have a clue what I should be doing properly and no routine to it. So he's going to help me work out a plan and write the weights down I'm using so I can keep on top of it. Plus, I have a really sore foot so not planning on running for a few days. It's down the outer side of my foot. Hoping it goes soon.

I love your diary, although it does remind me that I really need to get back to the gym!
I've done a very similar thing with messing around with SW, although I've done it for a lot longer than you have (originally started in Nov 2010 :() and have several times got very close to target, but always ended up bouncing right back up! I've got more determination than ever though these last couple of weeks, and I think following people on here will hopefully help me keep my motivation going! :)

That's a great couple of runs over he weekend! :)
Really keen to hear how you get on with the weights! I'm booking my PT course this week so hoping to get a but more au fait with the free weights area too! Xxx

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins.com

That's a great couple of runs over he weekend! :)
Really keen to hear how you get on with the weights! I'm booking my PT course this week so hoping to get a but more au fait with the free weights area too! Xxx

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins.com

Ooo I'll check out how you get on then!!! I'm going to get started tonights with the weight's.... I say weight's I feel a bit of a fraud because the OH does all those monster weights and can lift about 4 of me :/ Lol, but everyone has to start somewhere right?!

Not going to weigh-in today. It's MN and it looks like a STS on my scales, and I don't think my hormones can take it. So, it's a trip to the gym instead. :)

Food looks fairly good today. Porridge with fruit for breakfast, a salad with sardines at lunch and gammon steak with egg for tea.

I'm so impressed that you've started on weights! And that you're going to the gym when your hormones are playing up!
X

I'm so impressed that you've started on weights! And that you're going to the gym when your hormones are playing up!
X

The best place for me when I'm hormonal and the cramps have got easier to deal with. I can take my anger out on that instead of the OH, lol

Saw your IG this morning - will be following your progress closely! ;) xx

Thanks! I'm going to get some before photo's tonight on my proper camera, not my rubbish Iphone one, so I can properly compare them in a few months.

The best place for me when I'm hormonal and the cramps have got easier to deal with. I can take my anger out on that instead of the OH, lol

Ha! I've recently discovered that hammering nails into Ikea furniture is great for that too! Do the cramps get better with exercise?
X

Ha! I've recently discovered that hammering nails into Ikea furniture is great for that too! Do the cramps get better with exercise?
X

Yeah, sometimes they do, especially after the first 24 hours. The first day I'm good for nothing. Hence me sitting on the sofa all night last night.

Sooooo... I perhaps ate my body weight in Chocolate last night. Not the best move, but I was completely craving it and gave in.
I did do some weights in the gym, triceps and shoulders and I'm aching now, so I'm guessing I did ok with it.

Veggie soup for lunch today with chopped peach and greek yogurt :)
Tuna steak for tea after the gym with green veggies.

Back