Discover Nicola's 2012 'Get me to goal' diary !

Morning all,, got an appointment at the doctors later as i want to talk to him about this last weeks eating - i have had no appetite whatsoever and am only eating because i know i have to..

I know its probably due to stress, as at the minute i wont have a house by the end of june, and will probably have to move back to my parents :( but just want to check...

Breakfast
- 2 x Orange juice - 3pts

Lunch
- Tortilla wrap - 3pts
- Chicken - 1.5pts
- Salad - 0pts
- Ex light mayo - 0.5pts
- Cherry cream yoghurt - 3.5pts

Tea
- Tortilla wrap - 3pts
- Chicken - 1.5pts
- Salad - 0pts
- Ex light mayo - 0.5pts
- Cheese - 1pt

Total - 17.5pts

Last edited:
so sorry to about everything thats happened :( .. been reading through and well done :) you have done fantastic these last few weeks, i hope your very proud of yourself and what you've accomplished, hopefully the doctor will do wonders today and get you back on track with your appetite, fingers crossed :)

hey, let us know how it goes at the drs...im sure it will be fine. He might be able to give you a boost in your motivation. You are only human, we all have cr*p times, we have to just pick ourselves up, dust ourselves off and try our best to stay positive...easier said than done, trust me I know...but you CAN do it..one thing Ive been told to do is look in the mirror every day and find ONE thing that I can say something nice about...even something small like "my eyes are sparkly today" and focus on the positive and not the negative. Sounds daft but it helps :)

so sorry to about everything thats happened :( .. been reading through and well done :) you have done fantastic these last few weeks, i hope your very proud of yourself and what you've accomplished, hopefully the doctor will do wonders today and get you back on track with your appetite, fingers crossed :)

Hi Lauren, thank you so much hun :) and its nice of you to read my diary!! will take a look at yours when i get a minute :) xx

hey, let us know how it goes at the drs...im sure it will be fine. He might be able to give you a boost in your motivation. You are only human, we all have cr*p times, we have to just pick ourselves up, dust ourselves off and try our best to stay positive...easier said than done, trust me I know...but you CAN do it..one thing Ive been told to do is look in the mirror every day and find ONE thing that I can say something nice about...even something small like "my eyes are sparkly today" and focus on the positive and not the negative. Sounds daft but it helps :)

Hey Dinx, thanks again for your kind words :) turns out you were mostly right! Doctor said i am putting far too much pressure on myself to lose weight, which is stressing me out. Stress = loss of appetite = making yourself ill - in short i got a telling off, he told me to chill out, dont put so much pressure on yourself and the weight will come off, i even showed him bits of my food diary off here lol :D he said im doing a great job and to just carry on. Feel a lot better now :)

Annnnndddd, drum roll please........

I LOST 5LB THIS WEEK!!!!!!:bliss:AND HAVE HIT THE STONE MARK!!

Thank you to everyone this week who has supported me with their kind words xxxx

Last edited:
wooohooooo thats fab!!!! seeeeeee...dr dinx knows ;) lol I bet thats made you feel SO much better all by itself!!! you must be doing something right, just make sure you use your points...you have them for a reason! keep up the good work, you are gonna look so lovely in your bridesmaid's outfit!! well done YOU!!! x

Thank you very much ladies - and i know i really have to up my points this coming week, otherwise my weight loss will slow down or stop as Dr Burman and Dr Dinx advised :D hehe xx

It can be a fine line to tread between losing weight and it completely over taking your life, I should know with some of the borderline OCD stuff I've done!

The only real advice I can give is just chillax. Accept your healthy eating as not a means to lose weight but a complete change in your attitude to food, with weight loss being a bi-product of this. This should then hopefully re-focus your brain from "got to lose weight, got to lose weight" more towards "I'm eating healthily and this is normal".

*nods in total agreement with puggso*

Thanks for everyones advice :)...

Todays food...

Breakfast
- Orange juice - 1.5pts

Lunch
- Mugshot, cheese - 5pts
- crisp - 1.5pts
- bit of pasta with pesto - 2pts

Tea
- Pitta bread - 3pts
- Chicken tikka pieces - 4pts
- Salad - 0pts
- Garlic bread - 5pts
- Ex light mayo - 0.5pts

Total - 22.5pts

Breakfast
- Go Ahead biscuits - 1.5pts

Lunch
- Wrap - 3pts
- Tin tuna - 1.5pts
- Snackajacks chilli - 1.5pts
- WW cookies - 1.5pts

Tea
- BBQ chicken mini pizza - 4.5pts

Total - 13.5

Breakfast
- None

Lunch
- Spicy sausage roll - 4pts
- Niknaks - 2.5pts

Tea
- Panini roll toasted + marmite - 3.5pts
- Tortilla wrap - 2pts
- tuna crunch - 2.5pts

Snacks
- Bacon rashers - 1.5pts
- Cream doughnut - 4pts

Total - 20pts

Last edited:
Remind me never to have a cream doughnut an hour before bed - horrendous heartburn until 3am!!! urghh!!

Anyhoo, on to a new week - cant believe it's week 9!! :D

Breakfast
- Salt & Vinegar crunch sticks (in a hurry) - 1.5pts

Lunch
- Mugshot, roast chicken - 3pts

Tea
- Panini (toasted) - 3.5pts
- Bit of flora light - 0.5pts
- Tuna crunch - 2.5pts
- Lettuce, tomato, onion - 0pts
- Few chips hmm - 2pts

Snacks
- WW biscuits - 1.5pts
- Bacon Rashers - 1.5

Total - 16.5pts

Forgot to say - i had my final fitting for my bridesmaid dress on Saturday, my mum came along with me and then proceeded to cry when she saw me in it :) in her words i looked 'amazing' bless - i know i could look better if i lost a few more pounds but overall i'm happy :D cant wait until the big day friday!!!

Last edited:
Ah well done :) I bet your well excited to be a bridesmaid and look amazing in your dress :) x

Ah well done :) I bet your well excited to be a bridesmaid and look amazing in your dress :) x

Thank you very much Lauren, well i hope i look nice hehe - may post some pics after the big day if im feeling brave! xx

I was then about to say you had better post some pics!! we all wanna see how fab you look on the day. The panini you had sounds yummy, I love them, not TOO high in points either! x

Thanks Dinx :)

Breakfast
- Potato cakes x 2 - 3pts

Lunch
- Cheese - 2pts
- Light salad cream - 0.5pts
- Asda Summer fruits yoghurt - 1.5pts

Tea
- Tortilla wraps x 1 - 2pts
- Tuna crunch - 2.5pts
- 2 x potato cakes - 3pts

Snacks
- Salt & Vinegar sticks - 1.5pts

Total - 16pts :)

Have a lovely day everyone :)

Last edited:
Well, very busy night last night and very busy two days ahead of me, final preparations for my sisters wedding, VERY excited :D

Breakfast
- Bacon Rashers - 1.5pts
- Yoghurt - 2pts

I realised last night i hadnt done my measurements since my restart; so imagine my suprise when i found out that...

In total i have lost 17inches!!

Upper arm - 2inches
Waist - 6inches
Hips - 4inches
Thigh - 5inches

Over the mooooonnnnn :)

Remind me never ever to have black coffee again!! Headache!! :-(

wow well done on the inch loss!! I noticed that my clothes were bigger even on the week i stayed the same, should have measured myself but forgot lol...you are gonna look awesome on Friday I just know it!! enjoy :)

Back