No need to ask to join - if you really mean it this time you ARE a WeMITT!

abz - Well I have nearly 7 stone to shift, so I hope to take it steady. I've tried most diets going - in fact I'm pretty good at the diet side but not the maintaining. So I'm going it alone on an old ww version which I succeeded with many years ago.

I plan to introduce gentle exercise (something which I really have not done in the past) which will hopefully assist in the loss and help me to maintain it too. I am so very pleased I have found the forum as help is always at hand - brilliant:)

ha, it most certainly is. in fact you'll probably even get help when you aren't asking for it :D

i just got in touch with a cd counsellor and i meet her on tuesday night. woo. so i will officially start the cambridge diet on wednesday next week. soooooooo excited :D

abz xx

Abz - good luck with the Cambridge Diet. I've heard positive things about them but don't think I could cope with a diet like that:(

When I went home for lunch I weighed myself:eek: :cry:so as of now I am officially on my diet. I've created my ticker - so it will be in my face every time I log on!

Good luck girls! I certainly couldn't do the cambridge diet, it's far too strict, I like food too much :)

Good luck girls! I certainly couldn't do the cambridge diet, it's far too strict, I like food too much :)
LOL! That's exactly the same for me:) How are you managing your weight loss?

best way to keep you on track. just wait until those numbers start ticking down. i'm new here myself and my numbers haven't moved. am thinking of putting up my weight loss previous to joining just to make myself feel better!! ha.

abz xx

Abz - what are you like:eek:

Perhaps we can help motivate each other on our weight loss journey.

Are you going to take a "before" pic? I thought I'd get hubby to take a pic of me tonight, and then possibly every four weeks.

i think i will samantha yes. i'm thinking of even braving the camera in my underwear so i can REALLY see the difference. am just a bit annoyed that i didn't take one before i started all together. still. there's plenty left to go. plenty for impressive photos, hee.

abz xx

am off to scotland for the weekend now so i will return on sunday evening more than likely, ha.

a xx

Call me Sam, most people do. :eek:You're brave doing it in your undies. I wouldn't want to inflict that image of me on anybody:sigh:

Have a fantastic time in Scotland. Hope the weather is good for you:)

ha. well once i'm thin i'll want to inflict it on EVERYBODY. and it will help stop me gaining weight again because everyone will know how awful i look without my clothes on!! ha. see you sunday :D have a fab weekend...

abz xx

You too.

Abz - how was the weekend?

howdy. the weekend was fab. i overindulged somewhat. really looking forward to my meeting my cambridge diet counsellor tomorrow and getting started on wednesday. i've just eaten half a sandwich more than i should have and am feeling a little overfull but i threw the rest away and i refuse to feel bad about it. i know i should be being careful so i don't go mad. it isn't a magic pill. cd is going to be really hard, but it's difficult to be really careful knowing you aren't going to eat for the next couple of months (with luck) so you want to have what you can... still. i haven't gone mental.

the sunshine is glorious and i'm stuck in a brick box where i can't really see it... hmph. am off on thursday. really hope the weather sticks around until then!! how was yours sam?

abz xx

Abz - Glad you had a good time and didn't go over the top.

I'm in work wishing I were outside in the beautiful sunshine too. If the tide is right I'll take the dog for a walk down the beach tonight.

Well I had to step on the scales this morning - curiosity! I've lost 4lbs so not a bad start for three days of doing my own diet.

Have you done the CD or similar before?

i've never done anything like that. it seemed so drastic!! i've done sw and ww several times, have atkinsed and charles clarked. recently did a very successful 11 day detox programme and lost 6lbs. but it has reached the point where drastic is needed!! i really have to get this weight gone!! i think it will be so much easier to alter eating habits knowing that the battle as far as what you look and feel like is already won, rather than trying to alter habits whilst being depressed by slow progress. i'm so excited and so nervous all at once. and so relieved. and it feels like such a massive thing but it really isn't. it's silly how big a step this feels!! ha. unfortunately there are already two days in a month and a bit that i know i won't be able to follow it on. it's my best friends hen night and i'm maid of honour and i won't get away with, nor do i want to just drink a milkshake that night, ha. and then the wedding the week after. but as long as i don't go absolutely mental the damage should be fairly minimal. plus i'm only going to get weighed every 2 weeks by my cdc so there should be time to still get a loss. other than that i'm event free and can ss to my heart's content!! i have finished work but am waiting to be picked up. have just checked the weather forecast and typically enough it's going to be cloudy on thursday and friday which are my two days off, gah. at least i'll be going through withdrawal and headaches while i'm not at work!! ha. i can see a duvet and some films coming on through all of that, hee.

abz xx

I know what you mean about that type of diet. It is a big step. I think I've been programmed by WW and the likes to frown at diets like LL, CD, LT etc so can't bring myself to give it a go, although I love the idea of the huge weight loss. I'm not sure how I would cope without food.

I had wondered if I reach a stubborn plateau with this diet that I may give it a go. I'll be following your progress with interest.:)

i'll be recording it frequently sam. i think i'm going to be on here quite a lot to prevent myself from diving into some kind of foodstuff. i had a disgustingly greasy kebab and cheesy chips last night as my big blowout. of course i threw most of the chips away and now i feel totally gross and bleurgh and like i never want to eat again. which is a good thing right? since i'm not going to for a while after today, ha. but yeah. wish i hadn't, but what's new about that? have a feeling my ticker is going to be surging upwards after being weighed tonight... my scales are a little dodgy and i was always shocked at the docs so this is unlikely to be any different...

abz xx

Abz - good luck meeting the CDC today:)

Back