Non Fitness Gaming

I love fighting games but hate first person shooters (because I'm useless at them). I have a 3DS hon, I've barely played it at all yet. You can only look at the 3D for a wee while before your eyes get annoyed and then you turn the 3D off and play it like a regular DS. I have the new zelda game and haven't played it yet :( x

Sent from my Galaxy S using MiniMins
Yes I have seen a few people say that the 3D can hurt your eyes. I think now the 3DS is going down in price I will get one just so I have the latest DS, as I love the Professor Layton series and there is a game coming out of that which is only for the 3DS - I will keep the 3D off if it gets on my nerves.
Is it not really as good as its cracked up to be then?

Oh its great fun hon. and really crazy with the 3D, it does work! Just you need to adjust the 3D settings for your eyes and turn it off if you're playing for a long time cuz your eyes will get tired. There's these lil mini games that come with the 3DS that are fun too ;) x

Oh now you're making me really, really want one and NOW! :D Haha! I'm gonna have to wait until Christmas though - my current DS is only a normal DS so pretty out of date but I still can sit for hours playing it, so addictive!

I have a normal DS too, they have some great games on them! Addictive! I generally play the PS3 the most but haven't played anything in ages now. :p x

I've not got a PS3 but would like one - maybe one day! I had the PS2 but then moved onto the Wii and have become addicted to that.

We had a wii but gave it to my sister. We have 3 ps3s in our house (one old fat one and 2 new slim ones). We have an xbox 360 too. And 3 DS's. And a PSP. And 4 laptops & a PC. There's a lot of gaming in this house lol. ;) x

We had a wii but gave it to my sister. We have 3 ps3s in our house (one old fat one and 2 new slim ones). We have an xbox 360 too. And 3 DS's. And a PSP. And 4 laptops & a PC. There's a lot of gaming in this house lol. ;) x

Oh you lucky thing :D I do love gadgets, its just affording them all, I have to stagger it out but I'll get there in the end :p

You guys and girls can get a card called "R4i" and it's for DS and 3DS and allows you to play ROM games on it.

I have nearly 2000 games for the DS and most if not all, 3DS too. ;-)

And I got consoles from the turbografx, to jaguar, to the latest ps3 lol.

This is why I'm fat lol ;-)

You guys and girls can get a card called "R4i" and it's for DS and 3DS and allows you to play ROM games on it.

I have nearly 2000 games for the DS and most if not all, 3DS too. ;-)

And I got consoles from the turbografx, to jaguar, to the latest ps3 lol.

This is why I'm fat lol ;-)
I have the old R4 (not R4i) that I got for my old DS. I actually didnt realise there was a new one that'd work for the 3DS? Thought they'd put a loada anti-piracy software in their DS's. Defo gonna look out for this, thanks man :) x

azwethinkweiz said:
I have the old R4 (not R4i) that I got for my old DS. I actually didnt realise there was a new one that'd work for the 3DS? Thought they'd put a loada anti-piracy software in their DS's. Defo gonna look out for this, thanks man :) x

Don't you just love a geek! LoL ;-)
Haha!

As for the piracy protection, for each dev there are 5 reverse engineers lol :p

Resistance is futile!

Don't you just love a geek! LoL ;-)
Haha!

As for the piracy protection, for each dev there are 5 reverse engineers lol :p

Resistance is futile!
Nerdgasm lol... I'm a software dev by the way TripleWhopper ;) :p

azwethinkweiz said:
Nerdgasm lol... I'm a software dev by the way TripleWhopper ;) :p

Omg what a faux-pas! LOL!

*hides in embarrassment* :p

What area you work on?
Please don't tell me it's gaming lol

Omg what a faux-pas! LOL!

*hides in embarrassment* :p

What area you work on?
Please don't tell me it's gaming lol
Hee hee... no it isnt gaming but that would've been funny! ;) :D Don't worry lol... I do as much "illegal" downloading of software & the like as anyone else regardless of being a dev myself haha! :eek:

azwethinkweiz said:
Hee hee... no it isnt gaming but that would've been funny! ;) :D Don't worry lol... I do as much "illegal" downloading of software & the like as anyone else regardless of being a dev myself haha! :eek:

Shooosh we can't use the "i" word... :p

Instead we must adopt the:
"Sharing is caring" ethos ;)

LoL! Though I rarely use torrents, I'm a usenet guy. I use Giganews for my recreational needs heh.

May "god" forgive me for those Richard Dawkins DVDs I was blessed with last week lol!

So what area you dev into?

I learned Pascal and Basic/Darkbasic in college and that's about it, but basically all the programming mentality is roughly the same. Only the variables vary lol XD

Shooosh we can't use the "i" word... :p

Instead we must adopt the:
"Sharing is caring" ethos ;)

LoL! Though I rarely use torrents, I'm a usenet guy. I use Giganews for my recreational needs heh.

May "god" forgive me for those Richard Dawkins DVDs I was blessed with last week lol!

So what area you dev into?

I learned Pascal and Basic/Darkbasic in college and that's about it, but basically all the programming mentality is roughly the same. Only the variables vary lol XD
Richard Dawkins, my messiah :p
I've only started using torrents recently, they're a bit awkward because sometimes you gotta open up ports on the router and stuff and I couldn't have been bothered lol!
Eh... I didnt even do dev at college but ended up here somehow... I'm a Microsoft monkey so its all VB and C# round these parts! Pascal... now thats some OLD code heehee, what age are you? *is cheeky* :p:p

azwethinkweiz said:
Richard Dawkins, my messiah :p
I've only started using torrents recently, they're a bit awkward because sometimes you gotta open up ports on the router and stuff and I couldn't have been bothered lol!
Eh... I didnt even do dev at college but ended up here somehow... I'm a Microsoft monkey so its all VB and C# round these parts! Pascal... now thats some OLD code heehee, what age are you? *is cheeky* :p:p

*impersonates Pastor Deacon Fred from Landover Baptist*

GLORY! OH GLORY!

*mumbles some words in tongues*

lol I hope you know the folks at Landover Baptist or otherwise you won't get the joke...
(Landover Baptist is a satirical and dark humoured "church", check it out)

Haha, Richard Dawkins, Daniel Dennet and Christopher Hitchens are my favourite authors, not only for the quality of their scientific and journalistic work, but also because of their atheist activism. :)

I have all their books and many others into genetics and biology, mainly evolutionary biology and human genealogy as well.
Though my favourite book is The Little Prince, by Antoine de Saint-Exupery.

Oh and to answer to your question, I'm gonna be 28 next month.
Some people say I have a baby face lol but yeah :p

How about you?
When did you start reading Dawkins and discovered you had to unsaved to be happy? :)

Tell me something geeky and exciting about you!

(not saying what I know so far isn't lol you know what I mean) :-D

HAHAHA! Yes I know the Landover Baptist. Yeah Dawkins is a legend for writing The God Delusion, have you ever read The Good Man Jesus and the Scoundrel Christ by Phillip Pullman? Another good one ;) I read all these while I was in college a few years back! I may be agnostic more so than atheist lol

I'm 24 thanks for asking :p it does look like you have a baby face teehee :eek:

Wow... something geeky and exciting... umm... I dont think those two really go together lol?! I'm a geek in many ways: avid reader, gamer, developer, comic book nerd, the list unfortunately goes on and on. :cool: None of which is exciting, sorry :p

azwethinkweiz said:
HAHAHA! Yes I know the Landover Baptist. Yeah Dawkins is a legend for writing The God Delusion, have you ever read The Good Man Jesus and the Scoundrel Christ by Phillip Pullman? Another good one ;) I read all these while I was in college a few years back! I may be agnostic more so than atheist lol

I'm 24 thanks for asking :p it does look like you have a baby face teehee :eek:

Wow... something geeky and exciting... umm... I dont think those two really go together lol?! I'm a geek in many ways: avid reader, gamer, developer, comic book nerd, the list unfortunately goes on and on. :cool: None of which is exciting, sorry :p

How dare you! Geeks shall inherit the earth!
Geeks are exciting and peculiar creatures! :-D

I love everything geek and nerdy, and I like the contrast of what most people call "normal" too. People give me looks when I tell them I am tv free since I was 14 lol
And when I have my hoodie and skater shoes on when going to work in the morning and reading some genetics book on the tube lol
They might be asking themselves:
"Shouldn't you be looting Currys or Foot Locker?"

LOL!

But anyways all the attributes you mentioned are the epitome of excitement, with the exception of you being on limbo... Agnostic? Come on! :p hehe

I don't read comics, but I ordered DC Universe Online for the PS3 and hopefully next week I can create my super hero persona.
I do watch "cartoons" and one of my favourite is Drawn Together!
Check it out if you haven't already ;-)

So what area of software you work for?
Do you like Quake 3?
:p

By the way my name is Rogerio, what's yours?
*does Klingon greeting* :)

PS: What makes you ultimately happy?

I has skater shoes and hoodies too lol.:D I'm a bit of a rock chick so my style leans towards the music I like I suppose? Which involves jeans, converse shoes and "band" or "geek" shirts LOL! I have a tshirt that has <body> on the front and </body> on the back... Nuff said!

Come oooon. Agnostic is better than nothing eh?? :p
I do read comics and I like graphic novels mostly. I have The Dark Tower series (Stephen King) and Walking Dead and Watchmen etc etc.
Oooh yes I had a play with DC vs Universe when it was in Beta. It was quite fun! :)

Yes, I know about Drawn Together but havent watched it in ages now. I do watch some tv, I like all the regular vulgar comedy cartoons & I like some sci fi type shows too (most of what I like gets cancelled eventually so yeah :(.)

Ah I work in Business Entity management (at the moment). Its... eh.. not very exciting. Usually bores people to death if I talk about it.
Quake 3... that brings me back to the 90s/early 00s! ;) :eek:

My name is Sarah lol, nuqneH :cool:

Ultimately happy lol? chocolate unfortunately... which is why I'm here ;)

Back