Non Scale Victories (stolen from another forum)

Denise140 said:
Popped into BonMarche yesterday to grab a couple of cheapie T-shirts for running in - could feel the sales assistants' eyes burning into the back of my head as I tracked down a couple of 'M's ( passing the XXLs with a big grin on my face).

At the till one of the assistants plucked up the courage to ask the question that had clearly been troubling them ......

"Have you shopped here before when you were REALLY BIG? You've lost LOADS of weight! ".

Not very tactful, and it could have gone very wrong for them bless 'em but I was happy to confirm that I was once a regular purchaser of their size 22s.

"eeeeeeeeh. I can't believe it's you!"

Had to laugh......

I can't believe it's me either!
:D

Haha that's brilliant hun, bless em they probably drew straws for who was going to be brave and ask :) xx

Denise140 said:
Popped into BonMarche yesterday to grab a couple of cheapie T-shirts for running in - could feel the sales assistants' eyes burning into the back of my head as I tracked down a couple of 'M's ( passing the XXLs with a big grin on my face).

At the till one of the assistants plucked up the courage to ask the question that had clearly been troubling them ......

"Have you shopped here before when you were REALLY BIG? You've lost LOADS of weight! ".

Not very tactful, and it could have gone very wrong for them bless 'em but I was happy to confirm that I was once a regular purchaser of their size 22s.

Had to laugh......

Brilliant! Bet you felt fantastic!!

Had to laugh......

Oh it's you hun! The you that was always meant to be! Great NSV, well done sweetie.

x S

I tried on a very fitted size 14 dress yesterday, which has been my 'goal dress' for the last 5 years, and I got the zip all the way up! Still very lumpy bumpy! But it's the closest I have been to my goal for years!! That gave me a boost. X

I tried on a very fitted size 14 dress yesterday, which has been my 'goal dress' for the last 5 years, and I got the zip all the way up! Still very lumpy bumpy! But it's the closest I have been to my goal for years!! That gave me a boost. X

Fab fab FAB! Well done!

Size 14

Size 14 jeans on, fastened and looking, if I say so myself, pretty darn good! :D :D :D

I don't remember wearing size 14 jeans since before I fell pregnant with my daughter and she was 22 in June!

Such a happy happy bunny!

Denise140 said:
Size 14 jeans on, fastened and looking, if I say so myself, pretty darn good! :D :D :D

I don't remember wearing size 14 jeans since before I fell pregnant with my daughter and she was 22 in June!

Such a happy happy bunny!

Fantastic!! Well done you.

This non scale victory will make you laugh..... after losing 5st 5lb, I had a victory last night when I realised that my tummy now lies UNDER the water in the bath, instead of sticking out over the top hahaha xx

uklady said:
This non scale victory will make you laugh..... after losing 5st 5lb, I had a victory last night when I realised that my tummy now lies UNDER the water in the bath, instead of sticking out over the top hahaha xx

Lol. Very well done to you. You have done amazingly well.

:0bathtime: Love it Linda!!! Bath-times will be bliss from now on!

x S

Thank u pamdev :D And ohhh shivie... I LOVE that smiley!!!!!!!!!! :D

Ha ha! Love it!

xx

Was in sainsburys last week and saw a pair of 18 pants... thought 'ooooh they'll do me for work!' They were £5.....

Yesterday thought i'd see how far off they were.... straight on!!! : )

Just been reading through this post and it put a big smile on my face that not all victorys r on the scale amazing..well done everyone can't wait 2 post my first victory whoop whoop lol x

Was in sainsburys last week and saw a pair of 18 pants... thought 'ooooh they'll do me for work!' They were £5.....

Yesterday thought i'd see how far off they were.... straight on!!! : )

Yay!

I might have only lost 3 lbs last week (took my eye off the "water-drinking" ball!), but.......

Nothing but NOTHING will take away the memory of how good I felt on Saturday night; size 14 black skinny jeans, high heeled ankle boots, slinky black jersey top and belt to emphasise my waist ( a WAIST no less ! :)).

Skinny friend : "Are you SURE you still have 4 stone to loose?
Where from??? "

I know exactly where from (I just chose an outfit that would keep the secret!) and I KNOW that I WILL lose it! I never really understood the Kate Moss "Nothing tastes as good as being skinny feels" thing before but, whilst I don't think I'll ever be "skinny", I do know that chips or chocolate will never taste as good as Saturday night felt!

Back