Non Scale Victories (stolen from another forum)

Denise140 said:
Monthly blood pressure review today and guess what?
So much improved that I'm off the tablets completely woohoo!

Dx

Brilliant Denise that's awesome news xxx

Thanks girls! I'm really proud of myself and also more than a bit relieved. I'd been getting quite a few dizzy spells and was half expecting to be told to knock the running on the head! Nooooooo! :cry: (I'm addicted!)

But no...... my BP was, thanks to my improved fitness and the tablets, actually a bit too low !

The doc also reckons that I should come off TFR once my BMI drops below 30 and get some protein on board so that I can up my exercise. So I'm now aiming to start the CD stabilisation programme once I drop below 12 stone which will hopefully be in the New Year! Can't wait:D :D

Well done on the bp tablets. I remember the same thing being such a big milestone for me too. I felt soooo old being on bp meds. I had been on them for about eight years. It feels so great to not need them now!
Great inspiring thread guys!

I'm so low down under the water in the bath now it's ace ... No belly in sight!!! Xx

I'm so low down under the water in the bath now it's ace ... No belly in sight!!! Xx

Looking forward to that - I have my 'island' poking out the water!!!!

On another note - I bought myself some size 18 jeans, I currently wear 20's, and did not expect them to fit but wanted them as an incentive to get into. Just tried them on and, yeah, they not only fit but are comfortable enough to wear and even sit on the floor in, to play with my baby.
Totally made my day!!!

:family2:

x x x

SO.... to cut a long story short.... I went to buy a new coat today... It was a goal item of mine.... Theres two options of this specific coat!!! Blue and purple.... I REALLY wanted the purple one!!! Soooo in i go today.... I knew the size 16 fits.... a i tried it the other week.... Anyway....

The biggest they had in the purple was a 14... so i thought sod it.... i'll get that one as an incentive!!!!

So get to work and thought i'll see how close i am!!! Only BLoody fits... bit snug but fits!!! HEHEEEE!!!! THey must be massive sizes... as theres no way i am a 14... still still good for the old confidence!!!!

: )

Wonderful boost Dee
x x x

3 inches off my waist in 3 weeks :)

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Fantastic Dee xx bet you look fab!! Spookily (or not) I would have been desperate for the purple one too cos it's my fave colour! In fact I have been accused of being a secret ribena berry! (Other blackcurrant drinks are available!! he he ).

Fantastic Dee xx bet you look fab!! Spookily (or not) I would have been desperate for the purple one too cos it's my fave colour! In fact I have been accused of being a secret ribena berry! (Other blackcurrant drinks are available!! he he ).
Lol...

Ohhh I'd love to be a Ribena berry they look like they have a great time! Haha!

Susie well done on the 3 inches babe that's wicked! And dee you worked bloody hard for that coat well done! Xxx

Can now get into the brown skirt and orange jacket that I purchased for cousins wedding a few years ago, and I so loved the outfit then. Alas it is so dated now that I can't wear it. Chuntering can be heard from OH that "Suppose that is another blooming outfit I have to buy you now", but the grin on his face shows that he is really so happy for me. Aaah.

I treated myself to a new pair of jeans on Christmas Eve and grabbed a nice sweater too, on impulse on the way to the till.

There was that all-too-familiar moment at the till when the cashier looked at me and asked if I'd tried the items on.
My heart sank, even though I had tried on the jeans (size 14:D) because I assumed that I'd been over confident in grabbing the sweater in 'M'. But no!........that would be 16-18 so the cashier was actually cautioning me that I probably needed a 'S'.

Small? SMALL? Can't remember ever buying a small!

Dx

I treated myself to a new pair of jeans on Christmas Eve and grabbed a nice sweater too, on impulse on the way to the till.

There was that all-too-familiar moment at the till when the cashier looked at me and asked if I'd tried the items on.
My heart sank, even though I had tried on the jeans (size 14:D) because I assumed that I'd been over confident in grabbing the sweater in 'M'. But no!........that would be 16-18 so the cashier was actually cautioning me that I probably needed a 'S'.

Small? SMALL? Can't remember ever buying a small!

Dx
Well done!!! : ) xxx

I had to buy a perticular sporting jacket, despite gaining a few pounds, i had to buy a boys jacket size 12-13 as i couldn't get an adults small enough.

I fitted into a lipsy dress size 16! the first time that I have ever been into that shop and been able to put a dress on and it not be unzippable!! =D xxx

less heartburn and and wind after just 2 days

Back