Non scale victories (stolen from SW forum)

Eilidh - Am I reading correctly, you only started the Dukan in Jan & you have lost over 3 stone in this space of time??? Or had you already started dieting before you join the thread? Either way, it's fantastic and you are an inspiration, as well as everybody else on here! Obviously I don't know what you looked like before, but you look brilliant in the photo you posted!!! Fair play yo ya!

No I started in January :) bit of a stagnation in the weight loss recently but it's still creeping down slowly! I did have a before pic on my profile before, I'll upload it when I get to the pc! Thanks for all your nice words :) wouldn't say I was inspiring at all! Haha x

Flower83 look at page 2 of this thread!

A student commenting "miss, have you lost weight, you look much slimmer" and a dinner lady asking me (very sympathetically) whether I'd lost the baby as I no longer have a bump! I wasn't sure whether to slap her for assuming I was pregnant in the first place or just smile sweetly and tell her it was wind! Fortunately, I was rescued by one of my autistic students who laughed loudly and firmly put her in place explaining "miss had a baby two years ago and she's not having any more cos they hurt when they milk your ****.". I'm not sure I want to find out how he knows...

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Jentoo, hahaha love that story but for what ever reason they are noticing your weight loss hehehe keep up the Dukan good work x

My no scales victory is I can cross my legs right up to the top if my legs .....love it because at xmas I couldn't even cross them my legs were that fat wheyyyyyy

And another bought 4 tops yesterday and my son said mam your back ......then explained id been picking clothes that an old lady would wear and now....I'm back in fashion...now thats a massive compliment off him xxx

A student commenting "miss, have you lost weight, you look much slimmer" and a dinner lady asking me (very sympathetically) whether I'd lost the baby as I no longer have a bump! I wasn't sure whether to slap her for assuming I was pregnant in the first place or just smile sweetly and tell her it was wind! Fortunately, I was rescued by one of my autistic students who laughed loudly and firmly put her in place explaining "miss had a baby two years ago and she's not having any more cos they hurt when they milk your ****.". I'm not sure I want to find out how he knows...

Dont you just love it! say it as it is!! Have you ever seen the Temple Grandin film of her life its FAB!! CX

I have it recorded need to find two clear hours to sit and watch it.
Hubby gave me a compliment today - we were sharing a hug (belly to belly for a change rather than me sideways on so I can get to him) and he commented "oh, your boobs are poking into me rather than your belly". I would have hit him but the three kids were watching and we were in the middle of sainsburys.

Ha ha ha!! back handed comment or what??

The TG film is fab!! There was film on the other night My Name is Khan about a guy with Aspergers syndrome, got it on the planner to watch. Cx

Oh Gentoo your school story is hilarious and your hubs comment its what mine would dish out, men bless them xxx

Pauline, its great when they pop out lol

so funny seriously though what i do not like is how my knee bones hurt me at night, I sleep in the featal position and my knees are killing me.

Well I think this is a compliment ..... " jan what have you done differently? You look so different u can't put my finger on it..... You have a hair cut? No it's not that, tell me! What's going in you don't even look like you, I'm confused" haha this was a guy in my work yesterday was nice but he was shouting it in middle of office!!!! Think it was a compliment as I defo haven't done anything in fact I was really tired and hair was a mess!!!

Talking about back handed compliments!! My friend in work was standing behind me while i was washing my plates after lunch, my hair was up in a clip, she said, Collette, your neck isn't as fat as it was!! I wont tell you exactly what i said but involved telling her to go away impolitely, we are good friend so i didnt take offence and neither did she!!

passionflower said:
so funny seriously though what i do not like is how my knee bones hurt me at night, I sleep in the featal position and my knees are killing me.

Try a pillow between them? Stops your pelvis rotating and takes pressure off the knees if it's the contact that hurts. X

Back