NSV's (None Scale Victories)

Cherry-Blossom

I CAN do this
As we all know on this diet (and in weight loss) not all victories are on the scales. So thought I'd start a thread where we can share our NSV's, whether that be dropping a clothes size, resisting temptation, or any other victories related to dieting or not.

So to start it off. Yesterday I put on my work clothes (which I hadn't worn since the day before starting) and my belt did up 2 holes tighter and everything felt looser. Today I decided to try on some trousers that before this wouldn't do up by a good few inches. Today by lying on the bed and doing the zip first I actually managed to get them buttoned up. Fingers crossed in another few weeks my NSV will be that they fit normally.

Great idea for a thread! I'm only on day 9 (which actually is a massive victory in itself!) so not fitting into any of my old clothes yet, but I did notice my work trousers were a bit looser round the tummy yesterday! And I've managed to use my elliptical machine every night for the last 5 days, after 2-3years of it gathering dust! Look forward to having other NSVs to add soon...

Tried on some jeans out of the 'too small' pile!!!

A couple went back on the pile and a couple went in the wardrobe.... Bit tight still.... but on and done up!!! Couple of weeks and they'll be grand!!!

A small nsv-had a really bad day, and manage to stay on plan-rather than turn to food and comfort eat x

9lbs down 35.5lbs to go to first goal

A small nsv-had a really bad day, and manage to stay on plan-rather than turn to food and comfort eat x

Hun thats a MASSIVE NSV if you ask me...... Not turning to food when you really probably wanted to is great!!! Be proud!!!

X

Having to send back all the size 14/16 beachwear I got for my holiday and reordering in size 10/12 :D I'm still not convinced they haven't just made the sizes a lot more generous though! I'm also going to get a belvia bodysuit in a small, I've not in my entire life had anything in a small!! It's bonkers!!

Having to send back all the size 14/16 beachwear I got for my holiday and reordering in size 10/12 :D I'm still not convinced they haven't just made the sizes a lot more generous though! I'm also going to get a belvia bodysuit in a small, I've not in my entire life had anything in a small!! It's bonkers!!

That's fantastic! I can't wait til I can buy and wear something in a medium!

Thats amazing!!! Well done!!! X

Ended up eating out again last night. Had grilled chicken and peas with a small side salad. Had a little bit if the lettuce from the salad, about half to peas and about 3/4 of the chicken. I left the rest and didn't have a compulsion to finish the plate. Major break through as normally I hate leaving food. Also ate it slower than normal which probably helped me feel fuller sooner as I was actually listening to my body.

Also not in any way diet related but yesterday I was also offered a job assessment day and found out I passed my last ever uni practical exam. And Monday found out I passed my second to last essay :)

84846d1364918373-no-more-excuses-image-3566585439.jpg

When I started this diet less than 5 weeks ago this belt was slightly tight when on the loosest hole. This is what it now looks like on the loosest hole. Can now comfortably get it done up on the 5th (and tightest) hole. Looks like I'm going to have to make some more holes!

Its a small victory, still a long way to go and all that... but SIZE 16 JEANS this morning!!! :D So excited..

Brilliant! It feels so darn good doesn't it. I should have come re-read everything on here instead of blaming pmt for my lemon muffin binge! It totally wouldn't have happened then. LOVE LOVE LOVE reading the enthusiasm of everyone with these NSV's, it's so infectious :D

oh yes, forgot to mention, that i got my (size 16 :)) jeans out of the drawer.... and i found £10 in the pocket! added bonus! :D

Kind of a scales victory but my BMI has now dropped from the 40s to the 30s. Never to return again!

Wanted to add an odd one ...

Being able to actually REACH an obscurely located itch on my back - without getting some sort of long ruler/back scratcher implement!! :D

It's the really little things sometimes... in January I remember really struggling, holding elbows in funny angles and whimpering unable to bend that way. :)

Mine at the moment is managing to get through TOTM without gorging on a whole fruit supersize cadbury's fruit and nut bar.

I can now get my hoodie on under my jacket and do it up with room to spare. At the start the jacket by itself was slightly tight.

Another one today. Have some jeans that I wore a few years ago that didn't fit. Tried them on last week and they fit but I had a major muffin top. Tried them on today and no muffin top!! So wooo new jeans to wear.

My NSV is managing to get to day 5 and feel great.

The NSV I'm looking forward to is in 2 or 3 weeks if I stick to this, where I'll feel able to stop wearing a jumper over my work shirt. Just now it's all too tight and I feel exposed. But it's getting warm!

Back