OFFICIAL SITE chat... some clarifications

Maintainer

** Chief WITCH **
I thought I'd give you a few of the gems being passed on by the moderators over on the official site on the August 27 chat (here to read in its entirety, no need to log in or be a member, just click here and look at far right of your screen: http://www.dukandiet.co.uk/)

* SUGAR FREE JELLY (three per day... one sachet makes four...)

* DAIRY (ensure "sugar free" and "under 2% fat)

* COCOA - because people are having trouble finding the required "under 11% fat" cocoa powder, try under 20% but only 1 teaspoon per day allowed and NO OTHER tolerated substance that day.

* rindless "extra lean ham" with fat cut off is OK

AND TWO THINGS WHICH SURPRISED ME:

- Muller Lite TOFFEE yoghurts are NOT allowed!

- Lean back bacon without fat IS allowed (but be careful cos it's salty, they say)...

Ach, I'm carrying on having them, for all the difference it will make, Ive been loosing weight eating one every other day. I dont eat bacon, I dont put salt on my food, prefer spice etc. I will carry on having an oxo or 2 a week, and I will have pork on a Sunday, I think most people will find what they can tolerate and as long as weight loss is steady then I would (not literally though lol) take it with a pinch of salt

I was pleased to find some 9% fat cocoa type substitute in a health food shop but when I got home I noticed that the carbs were 64g per 100g - think I'll have to give it a miss!

I thought I'd give you a few of the gems being passed on by the moderators over on the official site on the August 27 chat (here to read in its entirety, no need to log in or be a member, just click here and look at far right of your screen: http://www.dukandiet.co.uk/)

* SUGAR FREE JELLY (three per day... one sachet makes four...)

* DAIRY (ensure "sugar free" and "under 2% fat)

* COCOA - because people are having trouble finding the required "under 11% fat" cocoa powder, try under 20% but only 1 teaspoon per day allowed and NO OTHER tolerated substance that day.

* rindless "extra lean ham" with fat cut off is OK

AND TWO THINGS WHICH SURPRISED ME:

- Muller Lite TOFFEE yoghurts are NOT allowed!

- Lean back bacon without fat IS allowed (but be careful cos it's salty, they say)...

That has decided me - someone keeps changing the rules;). I found 4% fat pork steaks the other day but didn't buy them (despite being allowed 5% fat steak hachés - I only use for bolognaise sauce so once every now and again). I will definitely get them next week if they are still available. There's no logic to this sometimes, I think we need to tweak things a bit and find what works. So, if it's lean pork, I will eat it (occasionally).

Our pigs this year are really lean, best ever, so I am going to continue eating pork once a week. I agree Laura, if it keeps getting tweaked its going to turn in to a different diet. SO I am sticking to Duckan, but basically a low as I can go carb/fat Dukan, I'm not really bothered about ketosis, Ive had a few hurdles in the past few wekks and still lost weight so by saying muller toffee arent allowed now and lean bacon now is, wont make any difference to me

it does sound like thing's are getting confusing somewhat ,so i will continue wot i am doing too !!!

Absolutely... someone is definitely "playing to the crowd"!

Basically, some things will be fine; others won't; many all together won't...

While you're losing, keep an eye on things... so long as you're noting down, if you stop losing for 10 days or more ("stagnation" in French!!), then you can change some stuff in your menus.

I shall be interested to see when they start allowing the Brits to use normal cocoa, since they can't seem to find low fat cocoa readily available country wide in the UK...

And my French online friends are very amused that it's alcohol that many Brits seem to cheat on!!

Well I don't see how toffee yoghurt is not allowed when fruit yoghurt is......I think I'll keep having them but no more than one a day!

I just had a look at the composition of the Muller Light vanilla and toffee, and they have the same sugar content so they're not logical when they say the toffee one has too much sugar.

They are huge though, at 190g, so one a day is fine!

They're playing to the English palate I say... over here, "no pork" works fine seemingly (no booze too!)!

Do the french stick to the no booze okay?

Meh i dont like meat at all so not too bothered on the pork/no pork/bacon, just seems another of the bizarre things they randomly come up with.

I miss my daily glass of red wine or ale :cry: but have decided I would rather be able to walk into any high street shop and look good in their clothes. Glad about the question on soya yoghurt and milk. :)

Thanks for that Jo!

I think it's the same with most diets... When we start to 'play' them, they stop becoming effective... In our hearts, we know when we're within a good territory.... And I know for me, 2 packs of SF Jelly a day is BAD eating!!!!

grover - I took the sugar free jelly thing to mean 3 servings, NOT 3 packs (each pack says "4 servings" so I've been having 1/4 of a sachet each day, now up to 1/3 cos 1/4 isn't much!). Do you not read it the same way?

Yes, i think you're right Jo. But I've been eating waaaaay too much SF Jelly and i know it. It's the sweetness... a trigger. Best for me to cut it out. Ditto on the artificially sweetened yogs. They don't suit me and do nothing to re-train my tastebuds, so I'm avoiding them too... trying to keep the artificial sweetener to a minimum... Just in the Dukan Oat Bran cookies....

does seem to be a bit up and down with whats allowed ....i did my own low fat low carb a few years back and as long as it was under 5% i had it lost 4 stone so im starting to wonder if the total off limits on stuff is a great idea as i seem to lose more slowly on this one
as for the putting weight back on i think after any diet that can happen if your not careful but having to reintroduce so many foods maybe worse ...I always regain after loss cos i seemed to end up preggers !!!!! .............im going to stick with dukan but not be as concerned to the % on fat as for bacon we all know that its salty so cant understand why they say its ok when they keep on about water retention
sorry im waffling now lol

You're absolutely right Scrumper (although I'm a little concerned to read that you get pregnant each time you lose weight cos that is NOT my aim!! Or perhaps it's just that you become so irrrresistible to hubby!!)

I hear you grover...

lol something like that ....but not this time as ive had him sorted lol !!!! so i can do this with the sole intent of doing it for me

Back