Attack One day at a time!!

Does anyone else get irritated by the inconsistency? Seems things are ok one minute then not the next? I am loosing big from what I have interpreted in the book and am just going to follow that.

Yes on the inconsistency. I stopped reading chat after the number of eggs allowed changed every week.
If its working, its working and no need to mess with it.
When youre bored of chicken add in some tolerateds.

If you stall change things up (less dairy, more leafy veg etc).

But when its working and you're feeling good stick to what youre doing.

I am amazed to say I have lost 14 pounds in the three weeks I have bee. Doing Dukan. 11 4 and five 2 probably another stone to go and I will be happy!!

Three stone lost all together

So please love love Dukan!!

Thanks for all your help and support

Well done! And well done for sticking at it!

Well done, that's a great result.:D

Nice result well done!! Keep up the good work. It's really motivating finding how it well it works if you stick with it isn't it?

Thanks all! Gawd remember when I was getting in a state about ketosis!! Mad love dukan, fits into my life,

Thanks for all your support that has been massive massive help xxx

Well done on the loss...........see were good witches not bad ones really!!

You are all lovely witches!! I can see that some questions from newcomers who pop in for few posts then leave must be annoying to those who have completely adopted dukan and don't want it as a quick fix or three day wonder.

Does anyone think you loose weight differently on dukan? I am on my 4th week never cut out carbs before and my body has responded differently to dukan then to other diets. Like I have not lost my boobs but my tummy and back fat (yuck) has all but disappeared, it's interesting.

The best thing is my control, I know I have said it before but I feel like shouting it from the rooftops!! I made chocolate brownies last night, normally I would be like a salivating Labrador but I was ok and had control rather then scoffing half the mixture raw and with my hands!!

Morning witches (wink) have great protein thursday!!!

Does anyone think you loose weight differently on dukan? I am on my 4th week never cut out carbs before and my body has responded differently to dukan then to other diets. Like I have not lost my boobs but my tummy and back fat (yuck) has all but disappeared, it's interesting.

The best thing is my control, I know I have said it before but I feel like shouting it from the rooftops!! I made chocolate brownies last night, normally I would be like a salivating Labrador but I was ok and had control rather then scoffing half the mixture raw and with my hands!!

Morning witches (wink) have great protein thursday!!!

Yes!!!!! :D

On Dukan, my body has become much leaner and more toned-looking. It's as though the fat really has been targeted rather than the lean muscle during the weight loss. My boobs are a bit smaller, to my husband's disappointment, but he thinks the rest of me looks fab, especially my legs! :D

I also agree about the diet keeping hunger pangs at bay for most of the time. (Although they do re-appear during Conso, unfortunately.)

It's still a pretty big achievement to be able to resist homemade brownies. (Drooool!) Good thing about Conso is that I can eat one once a week. ;)

I'm really glad that Dukan is working out so well for you, Louise. When it works, it works so well that you want to shout it from the rooftops! :D

It's strange how our bodies slim down differently.

I seem to have lost a bit all over, but not much from boobs (unfortunately) and sadly my wedding ring falls off (is now on right hand ring finger). My hands/fingers are big but were slenderish, so didn't need to lose any from there:mad:, I never wore rings really, but they don't fit now if I did want to wear them. My wrists are thinner too, they seemed fine before too. The tum is stubbornly hanging on...Must exercise!

More waffle, sorry:eek:.

My weight loss has slowed down massively to just half a pound that is 14.5 pounds in 4 weeks.

I know I shouldn't be gutted as I have done so well up to now but can't help feel bit disappointed. Stuck to it religiousley limited tolerated, cutback on eggs. Eating whole chicken every 2 days.

Any ideas

This sometimes happens, Louise, and can be due to a number of factors - not least hormones and TOTM. Also, how far off your target are you now? Are you experiencing transit probs? Might be worth posting a few recent menus, though, so we can take a look and possibly make suggestions. You could also try increasing your walking or cardio.

Don't worry just yet. Most of us have had STS weeks, sometimes for no apparent reason, but things usually do start moving again.

In any case, it sounds as though you're still moving in the right direction. May just be a slow week.

Typical menu

Pp

B oat bran galette
Scrambled egg with skimmed milk and one egg and one White and Chunks of chicken

L prawn and loads of chicken done in herbs garlic and onion

D steak with egg and sometimes fish and chicken.

Pv
Similar to above but with maybe too much veg like half a dinner plate? Maybe that's it I am having too much veg is that possible??

Hi Louise

Your menus look good (you need about 1.5 gr of protein for each kilo you weigh - you can check quantities on myfitnesspal - bit of a faff but good to check now and again although I'm sure you're getting plenty from seeing your menus. Will also give you an idea of carbs and fat content).

I'd say increase water and exercise and lower the veg quantities a little - veg should account for 1/3 of your plate on PV days, so maybe 1/2 is too much BUT it's only water weight. I personally think it's silly to restrict veg (as so good for you) as long as you are getting plenty protein but I'm not the doctor:p. Also, make sure you're not adding too much salt.

Also transit, TOTM can play a part too as DD says. My weight loss slowed dramatically in the last few weeks when I was close to target (but I wasn't as strict as you, so I knew why:eek:). I also tended to have a small loss one week and a much better one the next, so maybe next week's WI will give you a nice surprise:D.

Back