pudges daily diary...:)

Hey Pudge, Happy new year to you too!!

Hope you are on the mend....I was pity much the same with then cold over xmas...took a while to recover.

It's my 1st day back on LT. Will see at the nurse today how much I have put on. Hopefully not too much damage.

Hope 2011 goes well for you.
X

day 4 of 120....

hello all!!! so today has gone fine.. i feel a little bit better but im still just so annoyed that my ears are blocked. Last time it happened i was 16 and it stayed for 6 weeks and i had to sit at the top of class the entire time. The only way it went away was one night i was out clubbing and i was screaming the words to a song and suddenly they were clear again. It sucks because i will not be going clubbing between now and May and thats a looong loong way away.... if they dont clear soon i might just have to start screaming along to songs in my house..... i should probably warn the neighbours!!

other than that im ok. havent a clue if im in ketosis yet. I feel fine.. as fine as i can be,, but i dont know how lempsips etc can effect it.

Also i was wondering, those tfr meals that other diets have..do you think they slow down the weight loss??? has anyone had any experience with them??

Im leaving the house for the first time since i got back from glasgow.. going out for coffee with dad. poor dad is really sick too :( itll be nice to get out though, and i feel like i can venture out into the cold and not die!

sandra! sorry to hear youve had a rough time over the past few weeks. yes my degree is rather painful, but it will get me where i want to be so thats the main thing!! do you really need to get this diploma? sounds like you would rather not.. if youre not planning on working again, and youre sure of that, then why not make a change and do something different?? just an idea.. :) time for a well needed break i say!

glad youre on the mend,, everything else will sort itself out in the meantime... chin up :)

funky welcome back :) good to see you again! let me know how you get on with the nurse today..fingers crossed for you !xxx

im back :)..and im watching this thing on tv called diets from hell.....:( theres one about a man who was 60 stone and he had to be taken out through the window. im thanking my lucky stars that i have the ability to still walk, even if i get out of breath every now and again.
And on that not, im going for a walk now with one of my college friends. Have to wrap up warm as i dont want to get any sicker,,plus i hear snow is on the way....AGAIN ....xx

Hi Pudge

Glad u are feeling better... hopefully your ears will clear soon...

Did u have a nice evening out for coffee? That was the first thing I had on my refeed was a coffee with milk... im a coffee freak.. not to fond of it black though..

I dont have a dress for the hunt ball as yet, I want to leave it closer to the time and get one then. I have a lovely dress which I wore to last year, a size 18... def dont want to be wearing that to this year's again!!!!

Its been really cool here over the last couple of days, and sleet showers... I so hope the snow doesnt return,

Im waiting patiently for ketosis to kick in... I get so hungry at this time of the night.. ive had to force myself not to eat something the past 2 nights... at least the headache has gone now, so I know im getting there... have to go back to the chemist this week to get more shakes.. im curious to know how much ive put on over christmas..

did u eat much over Christmas ? x

Pudges...my dear....try the steam baths with a couple of drops of vicks or olbas....help ease off the horrible grotty chesty cough. Maybe that will help...hope you enjoyed the walk and coffee with dad...sometimes seeing loved ones really helps....my sibblings are in aussi and I have one in Leeds...felt so much better when I saw her over NY...we chilled and caught up and had a good giggle!:D

Hi Pudge. Hope you're feeling a bit better today. There's been some really nasty bugs around this winter. I'm still coughing over 7 weeks on from mine :-/ Hoping it goes soon, as driving me slightly batty lol.

Re the other TFR meal products. Last year I did try some of them (cottage pie, porridge and a bar). They were lovely! However, they kicked me out of ketosis! Only briefly, but I think the carbs were just a tad to high. You could prob get away with one of the products each day - but not all 3. I'm not risking it this time. In fact, I think it marked the beginning of the end for me when I messed about and used those. Just going to stick with Lipotrim only this time and try to do it by the book :)

xx

day 5 of 120...

yaay,,im in ketosis... finally thank goodness..... i swear i will not fall off the wagon because ketosis is just so good!
I was a little worried this morning that i wasnt there but i checked mid morning and voila... between traces and faible or whatever it is..:)

Not hungry, ive only had one thought about food today, which is excellent!! usually i think about food every five minutes. instead of filling my brain with thoughts of food ive filled it with information about psychoanalysis and developmental psychology..... 8 whole hours of it!

And now its relaxing time,, might do some more reading later on, cant wait for these exams that start on Saturday just to be over!

Jayne, feeling a bit better today, still got a few sniffles but thankfully i can BREATHE!!! my ears still wont budge though, but i dont expect them too,,though i wish they would fix themselves!

Also im feeling upbeat and i was able to do so much today which over the last few days i just didnt have the energy what with LT and being sick!
i think ill stick to your advice Jayne, my friend has given me some of her leftovers which are cottage pie, and a spag bol. theres 12 of them, so i think ill keep them by as my emergency packs in case. No point going near them now if im doing fine with the shakes i guess!

Hey Funky, coffee with Dad was great, hes sick though as well. I love having coffee with him because growing up it was just him and I until he remarried when i was 10, and since leaving home we have such a strong bond, hes like one of my best friends. im very lucky!! Coffee is never as good without milk however. I had a peppermint tea :D thanks for the advice on the bath, i might do that later on,, ill try anything at this stage!....well done on only putting on 4lbs by the way,,that will be off in no time!

Deb make it your goal to not wear that dress this year! Im sure you must nearly be in ketosis now!,,ketosis arrived for me today so ill pass it onto you now :D Christmas was good, didnt eat that much, stayed away from carbs as much as i could and didnt touch a mince pie or a piece of chocolate which was amazing.. however i drank solidly from the 22 december to the 1st of january. Thats where i think my 4lbs came from! Im not that bothered though because i was just so proud of myself for not eating everything like the world was ending. I didnt even have a pre-diet final meal, but i think thats because i was sick!

i cant believe tomorrow is day 6 for me,,,time is flying by and i dont know if i like it or if i hate it.. your five weeks will be over in no time!! :)

keep it up everybody.... its still a new year for a new us!x

Good for you pudge! Still only traces of ketosis in my wee, hopefully more tomorrow :) x

Hi Pudge

Ketosis is on its way... my 3 day headache has disappeared and im feeling less hungy... went out for lunch today with hubby.. though have to say my mouth watered as he tucked into a big chicken bagel, and I sat with my large black coffee lol....

I had my first weigh in today since I went on my refeed on the 15th December and I have lost 1 lb!! Im delighted as I really pigged out over Christmas and thought that I had put quite a bit of weight back on..

Saw a new diet today in one of the Lloyds chemist... "Optislim", its the same idea and its cheaper.. so must do a bit of digging to see what its all about, it originated from Australia.

Glad to see u are starting to feel better now xox

day 6 of 120...

Morning all... feeling still very positive on the diet front! though as im a daily weigher ive noticed ive stayed the same for the past three days... usually that would bother me,, but it hasnt which is great! i think my brain has finally realised that im doing this long term and theres no two ways about it.. there is no other path to go down,,ive chosen this one and im not faltering...

So glad i feel like that!

On the other hand, having a freak out,, a proper one now, because my exams start tomorrow, and were starting with the hardest one.. All the other ones i think ill be fine for and theres enough time before them for some last minute studying if i feel uneasy, this one however is tomorrow morning at 9am and i literally feel like i possibly may fail it. And i cant fail any exams as they are my final ones. And then i think to myself, stop thinking youre going to fail and get on with it, but its so unstructured i dont know what im doing!... i guess i have to keep on reading.
Theres an open question which i think i might prepare for, on the importance of language and linguistics for humans, so i might do that. Other that that my two other questions seem quite messy.

I think its because all the information i have on the subject of language and psychoanalysis, its all a part of the other, which means its hard to decifer which is meant to be in what part of what question...

gosh im confusing myself now.... anyway, they next day or so will be stressful but at least theres no food in the house and im so broke that i cant buy any and i have no intention of doing so... so thats a plus.......

i think studying psychoanalysis is making me temporarily insane :D

hey Deb glad ketosis is on the way,,it probably made an appearence overnight :) i had a nosey into that site,, seems like one to watch alright :)
fantastic job for losing a pound, i bet you feel great! after the whole of christmas as well :0 well done girlie.

you should have a look around online for a nice dress, they always have great deals on!... how are you today?? x

Glad the diet is going well Pudge.. Stick at it hun!! x x

Good luck for your exams... Deep breaths... You CAN do them, cos you know you have worked hard, and have earned your pass mark! Failure is no longer in your vocabulary-for exams, diets..NOTHING!! lol x x

Hi Pudge
Good luck in the exams. I'm sure studying such an interesting subject must be a great way of keeping you occupied (and away from food!) and I'm sure you'll do really well in it, cause you've such a positive attitude to LT.
Best Wishes for tomorrow!

Stop thinking so hard Pudge! I've got a habit of studying right up until the last possible minute and getting even more stressed cos I keep thinking that I could have done more......

The exam is tomorrow, there is very little more that you can do so put your books down and go for a walk to clear your head......

Good luck, I think part of your worry is your actual subject matter:eek:

THanks for the encouragement girls!

Well ive studied up until now,, now is break time,, and then im going to do maybe two more hours and then ill have a shower and have an early night. Sandra i think youre right because my neuro, developmental and health psychology is fine, because its all facts, theories etc which im good at. This is like critically evaluating hypocritcal notions that are as old as my great grandmother!... felling a little better though now as my friend from college and i have been through everything we know and we know the same amount which is good.:)

so lots of deep breaths :0 just having my last shake now. Going to go for a walk with her around 9 if the rain goes away. I need to clear my head :)

oooooooossshhhahaaaaaaaaa......:)

how is everybody getting on today? xx

end of day 6,,,

Study done,,, until the morning where ill do a quick read over of everything. I cant do anymore now. Just finishing the end of my water and then ill head to bed.

I hope im not the last person to take my Christmas tree down..ill have to remember to do that tomorrow..at least its something to keep me busy on my breaks :)

i know i shouldnt think ahead but ive got my fingers tightly crossed that i will get to goal my mid May. we shall see, if not ill just refeed and be good and hope to lose some weight healthy eating. Ill be in a camp in america for three months as a camp counsellor so i dont know if that will be good or bad.. though i suppose they cant have bad food there can they! could be quite handy!!

Was having a look at my camp profile and ive been on review by a camp in virginia all day, my friend just got accepted to one in virginia today so the countdown is on!

fingers crossed for one on the coast, i dont mind which coast as long as its by the sea!

Anyway with that in mind im going to bed to get a decents nights sleep before tomorrow,, i suppose the good thing about having the hardest exam first is as soon as its over i can just focus normally on everything else....instead of having a freak out!

night all!! xx

Night Pudge, best of luck for tomorrow x

Night night hun.. I hope you get a good night sleep, and best of luck for tomorrow.. Let us know how you think you did when you come back x x x

Good luck with your exams Pudge :) Fingers crossed for you xx

day 7 of 120..

Thanks guys... woke up at 4.30 this morning and couldnt get back to sleep so got up at 5 and did some more reading. My friend came and collected me and we went in. Exam questions weren't as bad i i had expected hoping the answers were ok. I wrote lots and about 95 percent of it was fact, the other 5 percent at the end i got confused myself so i have no idea how he will understand it...though you never know!

Anyway, found out i had 15 percent going into the exam which isnt that bad. Im just so glad that the worst one is over. I have developmental psychology on monday so im going to chill this afternoon until about four and then ill continue my study for that!

thanks for all your support guys,, im finally feeling a little calmer now that the worst one is done and dusted and im looking forward to my shake and a nap possibly :)...

A bit of snow here today,,hope it doesnt stick around!

On the diet front,, ive had two thoughts today about food. I suppose its bound to happen though as long as i dont act on it. Weigh in day tomorrow,,wooooop..:) i feel less bloated which is great and i can see my legs thinning out a bit. Ive a feeling i may have the same legs as my cousin underneath this flab!.... ( we were comparing leg shapes over Christmas,,,shes practically like a sister :) ).... so if i do then happy days...fingers crossed!!

Staring at the Christmas tree and dont want to take it down yet..think im lazy :) ill do it before my flatmate comes back from northern Ireland, so i have two days to do it..:)

How is everybody getting on today diet wise and other wise???

xx

Well done on getting through the exam hun... As you have said, that's the worst one over and done with... When do you get your results?

TAKE THAT TREE DOWN!!! lol... It's bad luck to leave it up and we want 2011 to be a skinny legged, happy year for you!! lol x x x

Back