Quins; back to the plan.

My whole family follow the Tour, a nightly ritual to watch the coverage. Amazing stage today with Froome making the break with Sagan and both green and yellow jerseys putting in hard work on the front of that group of 4.
The Rugby League was also brilliant!

Your doing so well Ruth, I sent you off from the 13s, hoping to chase you down there soon!

My whole family follow the Tour, a nightly ritual to watch the coverage. Amazing stage today with Froome making the break with Sagan and both green and yellow jerseys putting in hard work on the front of that group of 4.
The Rugby League was also brilliant!

Your doing so well Ruth, I sent you off from the 13s, hoping to chase you down there soon!

Wow that's pretty immense if your whole family are into it! I can see why, the fever still hasn't stopped here!

Thank you for your kind words, I have just seen your post, my apologies it was missed I think I had about 30 notifications that evening or something similar :eek: you will certainly get down there soon! Are you feeling better? Your food looks so wonderful and well planned!

Ruth
X

Another dramatic tour stage on Mt Ventoux, a motorbike with to camera was stopped dead by crowding fans les than a km from the finish line. A group of 3 GC favourites slammed into the back of it, Ritchie Porte Bauke Molema and Chris Froome who had his bike smashed by a following motorbike. Froome set if running up the mountain as his support car with spare bike was stuck behind the main peleton and crowds. The neutral car gave Froome a spare bike that a) was the wrong size and b) didn't have pedals that matched his cleats, a pitiful scene. Eventually he was given a team bike and finished having lost almost 2 minutes in GC. The race commissioners eventually gave him and Porte the same time as Molema who managed to get on his bike and clear the crash. This put Froome back in the yellow jersey with a 47 second lead......unbelievable scenes. We love TDF!

Thursday
Reclaimed the last hole in my belt again, nice!
Red

B. Eggs scrambled with lean bacon
L. Chicken thighs cooked iced onions and carrots, curried with 4 ryvita original dark rye hex b, 2 laughing cow lite part if hex a
Banana

D. Roast chicken breast , 8oz jacket, salad, phili lite in jacket rest of hex a 2, 2 syns salad cream lite.
Muller lite Turkish delete, 1/2 syn or free can't remember...

Last edited:
Friday

Red

B. Eggs bacon peppers baby bell light scrambled in works microwave

L. 4 X ryvita original dark rye hex b 1, 2 X laughing cow light, gherkins and pickled onions and lean beef slices

D. Stir fry chicken breast with garlic ginger soy sauce, sliced leeks, carrots red pepper sliced mangetout on a small jacket spud hexb 2. 2 syns for oil used.

Hot choc options 2 syns, half a biscuit 4 syns, muller lite yoghurt , nip if rum for chest 3 syns

11 syns

Last edited:
I'm in quandary , got a load of work on the farm, need to think of a quick lunch idea, thought about going EE today. I might be overthinking this I usually do red and green. Breakfast was 1 Lmc red onion Rosemary sausage, mushroom tomato beans scrambled egg with peppers onions sliced mangetout and baked potato wedges.

Dinner tonight will be SW kofta curry, meatballs and boiled rice with some cucumber raita.

Anyone got lunch ideas ?

Breakfast photo

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    1.7 MB · Views: 6
Last edited:
Lunch. Pasta and SW veg chili with salad.

It was a hot day in the field, strimmed the nettles, thistles and hawthorns trying to take over the chicken run . Then put a cutting disc on strimmer to knock down thistles in the orchard, sweated buckets, got a farmers tan on top of cyclists tan lines. Then hit the tractor working courtesy of a good neighbour who's nuts about tractors. Got the topper working and cut the long grass growing like hay in the garden area. Then more strimming. Shattered, but had to cook.

Looking forward to club bike ride tomorrow!

Lunch photo

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    1.3 MB · Views: 5
Last edited:
Ooooo.... can I come to your house for tea.... yum lol

You'd be very welcome!

Just back from approx 75 mile club bike ride. I forgot to turn the GPs on after a stop again...missed about 5 miles. Will post a screen shot if the route later, down to Dymchurch, hot out there, hit about 26°. Temps of 30° + forecast for midweek in the south. Nice, aircon has packed up on the ML270 and we have to go to Bath for D1 graduation, that'll be a pleasant drive then......

B. Pre ride soft bake bar, couldn't face anything else....will look up the syns but not really bothered.

Brunch at cafe stop. Scrambled eggs and beans on granary toast. Could taste the butter on the toast! Cup of tea.

Post ride snack muller lite cherry layer and banana . 1 syn?

Sunday's food

EE

B. Pre bike ride. Soft bake bar , syns? 7

Brunch: scrambled eggs beans on toast tea, granary toast buttered 4 syns for butter and toast

Post ride: left over bolognaise eaten with a laughing cow lite ( cheese craving!) spread on rounds of cucumber ( and a muller lite and banana, 2 syns

D. Roast pork loin seasoned with smoked paprika , garlic, five spice and tropical peppercorns crushed, seasonal, wrapped in lean bacon, cooked on a bed of chopped leeks, celery , carrots and courgette. Made the most gorgeous stock.
With parmentier potatoes seasoned in paprika , cayenne pepper and garlic. Pork was very moist.

13 syns but did use up about 1700 Kj

Last edited:
Wow.... what an awesome bike ride.... and tasty food.... brilliant all round well done :D

That food doesn't half look nice- love the cheese craving bit Hahahah! Your dinner looks fantastic!!!!
I would honestly say in regards to your Syns that the top end would be about right because of your exercise. Someone at my group was eating the bare minimum and running 10ks 4 times a week and gaining so she changed and eats almost all of her Syns and it works much better.

Have a fab day today!

Ruth
X

Hope you day is going well...

Stinking hot down here and due to get hotter tomorrow. Train journey home was vile, like they left the heating in, windows open made no difference.

Food so far....not sure if it's going to turn out EE, red or green, pretty neutral so far.

B. Overnight porridge with a muller lite vanilla mixed with no fat natural yoghurt layered Ivor hexb porridge and fresh black currants. Absolutely fab.

L. Quorn steak and 2 tesco meat free burgers .5 syn each, salad and cottage cheese and pineapple 3 syns.

D. Left over kofta meat balls, salad, cauliflower masala , some left over parmentier potatoes ...
1 syn
Soooooo hot!

Poo picked a barrow out if the paddock,locked chickens up , fed horses and had a hot choc with mini marshmallows 4 syns.

9 syns

Last edited:
Tuesday

Survived the day out at a meeting , avoided the non SW friendly sarnies, crisps, cakes and nibbled on grapes and s banana. Took my own lunch too!

B. Overnight oats with berries and no fat yoghurt

L. Penne carbonara made with diced onions crushed garlic fennel seeds fresh thyme in fry light and frozen spinach. Sauce made with no fat fromage fraud and 2 fresh eggs. Salt and pepper.

2 Bananas

D. No idea....still commuting, glad to be off the tube and on a train with air con!

D. Omelette with cheese hex a , left over pasta and salad

Digestive biscuit 3.5 syns muller lite cherry layer 1.5 syn? 5 syns

Just poo picked 2.5 barrows and resisted necking a bottle of Doombar beer, gasping! Maybe I should've used my syns on it.j

Last edited:
Back