Quins; back to the plan.

Monday

B. Eggs on toast, syns for white bread and spread, 6?

L . Left over ribs, drumstick and salad 2 syns

D. Steak kidney carrots swede onion casserole in slow cooker , jacket sounds, 6 syns for butter in spud.

2 ww wm with spread 8 .

22 syns.

High syn day, body screaming for something.....

I've just caught up, OH came off his bike so is off sick at the mo, as a result he's taking up my time by just being around, lol

Have you tried Fever Tree tonic with your gin, it's really nice & doesn't seem to have that bitter taste other tonics have, it's a tad expensive, but you can get it at Morrisons & Waitrose.

Blimey Michelle , what happened to him? Hope he's out if your way soon! I have had the Fever Tree and agree with you, it is very nice. I reached for the bin last night before going out, NO TONIC in the house! Boooo.

I've just caught up, OH came off his bike so is off sick at the mo, as a result he's taking up my time by just being around, lol

Have you tried Fever Tree tonic with your gin, it's really nice & doesn't seem to have that bitter taste other tonics have, it's a tad expensive, but you can get it at Morrisons & Waitrose.

Hi Kgem, I managed to get a Dr appointment, a minor miracle. It's the first time that I've been presented with a plausible reason/cause for the symptoms. I described it as feeling like I ever been tazered in the head and face, pain in ear, jaw, top,of head, behind the eyes, and a neuralgia type pain that moves around my head. She immediately went sternocleidmastoid muscle being the probable cause. It nailed my scenario. So I've been giving myself some massage , it's blo@dy sore. The trigger points hurt like a hurty thing. It can affect sinus too, that as the but I don't want ut to get to. So I'be taken it easy this week in the bike. Cycling ( neck taking strain) , poor posture at desk, sitting in train reading papers, phones etc all contribute. Pretty much tick all those boxes. She also recommended acupuncture. I felt quite pleased with her effort to see me, receptionist said no slots available, tried to palm me off with a nurse appointment, then a call back from a GP which I took and she said to come in at the end of the day. Worth the effort.

Foods been ok this week, still in Target range. Will get back to diary proper today.

B. Going to be actifry chips, eggs and beans. 2 syns.

Last edited:
Oh bloomin Heck Quins! Hope you feel better soon! That sounds nasty :(
Hope you're resting and being looked after by Mrs Q!!
Have a fab rest of the weekend :)

Ruth
X

Nor rest for the wicked.... Saturday all day shifting leaves, bonfire, Sunday all day outside again, leaves and a weekly shop. Trying to get house in order outside for new estate agent to take photos.

Saturday, chicken dhansak home made, Mrs Quins said it was better than the curry house! About 2 syns per portion.

Sunday , porridge, boiled eggs and WW wm toasted with phili lite and marmite, 4 syns for porridge?

L. Ham rolls and pickle, 6 syns.

D. Beautiful roast leg pork, cabbage carrots peas, roast spuds , Yorkshire puds...8 syns

Mulled lite yoghurt.

Blimey Michelle , what happened to him? Hope he's out if your way soon! I have had the Fever Tree and agree with you, it is very nice. I reached for the bin last night before going out, NO TONIC in the house! Boooo.

Hi Kgem, I managed to get a Dr appointment, a minor miracle. It's the first time that I've been presented with a plausible reason/cause for the symptoms. I described it as feeling like I ever been tazered in the head and face, pain in ear, jaw, top,of head, behind the eyes, and a neuralgia type pain that moves around my head. She immediately went sternocleidmastoid muscle being the probable cause. It nailed my scenario. So I've been giving myself some massage , it's blo@dy sore. The trigger points hurt like a hurty thing. It can affect sinus too, that as the but I don't want ut to get to. So I'be taken it easy this week in the bike. Cycling ( neck taking strain) , poor posture at desk, sitting in train reading papers, phones etc all contribute. Pretty much tick all those boxes. She also recommended acupuncture. I felt quite pleased with her effort to see me, receptionist said no slots available, tried to palm me off with a nurse appointment, then a call back from a GP which I took and she said to come in at the end of the day. Worth the effort.

Foods been ok this week, still in Target range. Will get back to diary proper today.

B. Going to be actifry chips, eggs and beans. 2 syns.
Hope you feel better real soon x

How nice to be able to get a 'name' for how you've been feeling, that in itself will make you feel better. My sister has had acupuncture and said it worked, I've had my daith pierced (to stop migraine), which is supposed to mimic acupuncture, it's worked btw.

OH came off his push bike and hurt his head, ear, bruises, he's back at work now, but we weren't able to go on a weekend break, as we were flying, his ear injury needed checking with ent to see if he had a hole in his eardrum, that appt. is today & we'll see today if he can fly tomorrow. We're lucky enough to be able to get the train somewhere if he isn't able to fly.

Yikes 8 syns on yorkshire puds, that's loads, I hope they were worth it.

So when can you get back cycling?

Been very busy at work and home. Self massage seems to work on the trigger points.

Managed to get on bike for a commute Friday morning and evening, blimey it was cold, 0 ° on way in and -1° on way home. Good kit works though.

Not weighed , but I feel that I'm well in target range, clothes are baggy enough that it surprises me every time I change out of cycling kit at work.

Mainly sticking to slow cooker meals, chicken , steak and kidney with carrots , swede onions and various herbs and syns on some flour.

Friday

2 X 12.1 mile bike

B. Porridge water seeds and honey

L.2 X chicken thighs, chicken wings

D. Poached salmon , stir fry veg and actifry chips.

Tuesday

12.1 mile bike commute, strange weather, felt v warm this morning, good pace, sweaty,
B. Eggs , chili, onion, green pepper, cherry tomatoes, couple of pieces chorizo on 1 wm toasted 2 syns

L. Quorn biryani,
Pice of birthday are, 6 syns

12.1 mile bike commute, smashed it, avg 18.1 mph! String ride. V warm 12°

D,p. Bubble n squeak, fry lite egg ham parings baked beans, pickle 4 syns

Dip in choc spread jar 4 syns. 16 syns

Hey quins.

Just here subscribing. Sounds like your doing brilliantly.

I've been a little wayward recently so checking in with others for a little motivation to keep going.

Glad your feeling better.
Lotte.x

Hi Lotte, I will pop in soon, keep chipping away...

12.1 mile bike commute, not as fast as yesterday, but still quite sweaty.

B. Scrambled eggs, chili, peppers, red onion, chorizo 2 syns 2 wm toasted laughing cow light

L. Quorn biryani, peas cauli carotts

Jaffa cake and crisps! It was like a,party at work, liars of stuff...10 syns
12.1 miles commute

D. SW chicken pasta bake with more chorizo 2 syns.

Feeling tired, heavy legged after yesterday's hard effort home.

Last edited:
Hi anyone that's still out there. It's been hectic. Party season, still trying sell house and getting viewings, still running son up and down to Wales for squad training, getting some mikes in on the bike as well.

Food planning has been lacking but I'm enjoying being off the leash.

I'm also begging to understand and accept my evolution through the calendar year. I eat loads at the back end of the year and it comes off in the new year. Resistance is futile......

40, 66 miles last 2 weekends, salads at lunch times and then no holding back if there is a do or a party. Loving it.

Merry Xmas everyone

Hi nice to hear from you.

This time of year is hectic, not just getting Christmas stuff but as you say family things too.

Seeing as you're 'off the leash' does that mean you're not sure how much you weigh. If you do have a gain you'll soon get it off you can be so determined & motivated when you need to be.

Have a fab Christmas.

Hi HH, not stepped on scales in a month or so. Had another do last night with neighbours, great laugh. I have done 2 HIIT circuits , ache like hell and feeling very tired after eeekend driving from Kent to Cheltenham on Saturday then up to Deeside Flintshire for my lads Wales training, then back to Kent....one last push. Looking forward to having some time off, bit of cycling if weather not awful.

Last do at work last night and there was an office lunch, we all contributed. I bought 3 packs of chicken legs, there was so much delicious cheese, pate French stick....relief to be off now. Such a run in to Xmas, and it's not over. I'm wondering if going on a few old school red days will help me get back in the swing

Back to basics for me, that means sticking to a plan .. inspired by @Trefoil

B. Porridge Water, honey 2 syns

Body coach HIIT beginner session for 3rd time this week.

L. 3 eggs scrambled with 2 lean bacon rashers diced , mushrooms, red onions, cherry toms

Snack-banana

D. Slow cooker chicken thigh dhansak, lentils , carrots swede onions to pack it out. 2 syns for tea spoon of lime pickle.

Muller lite vanilla choc sprinkle.

Clementines.

Sore throat, fighting off man flu. Woke up 3am, throat sore,struggled to get back to sleep...alarm went at 0600.....

B. Eggs, chili, lean bacon, on 2 wm WW toast with laughing cow light, baked beans

L. Quorn mince bolognaise in slow cooker packed out with celery, carrots, swede. Onions. Butter beans.stuffed into pasta tubes, baked in passata with phili lite garlic chive- 2 syns

Clementines.

D. Actifry chips, sweet and white potatoes with more quorn bolognaise

Limited to 1 33cl bottle of beer with visitors, I did well....

Back