Quins; back to the plan.

IMG_3172.JPG
Hi @trw1972 , I think SW is the only plan I've come across where there is no calorie counting and free food includes lean meat and carbs with loads of veg. It's a bizar thing that works....

Jogging to and from station in London with ruck sack, approx 3 miles

B. 2 whole meal toasted quorn sausages x2 syns egg and salad with pepper sauce and ketchup 1 syn.

L. 4 tesco deli counter chicken thighs skin removed , big pile of mixed salad and pepper sauce . 3 syns coleslaw.

D. Picked at chicken thigh, 2 buffalo wings 6 syns, Turkey steaks , a couple of new potatoes, busy packing up house ready for move.

WW yoghurt ,

12 syns

If it works for you quins then it is all good.

I like calorie counting ill admit, i am really sad and record my calories on a spreadsheet, that kind of forces me not to eat crap as the spreadsheet goes red when i exceed my target calories.

Also by forcing me to eat filling foods without too many calories i am eating a tonne of veg, porridge,legumes, lean meat etc which doesnt seem a bad thing.

Ive never tried bufallo, what does it taste like and where do you get it?

Wednesday Thursday

Not too bad, but had beers with a friend visiting from abroad. Think I'm heading for a gain this week. Last week was an exceptional loss.. looks like it's going to balance out.

Used syns on oils and salad cream light.
Had spaghetti Bol on Thursday , son cooked and used a jar, 12 syns for big jar between 4 not bad.

Attachments

• IMG_3183.JPG
    IMG_3183.JPG
    900.7 KB · Views: 11
  • IMG_3190.JPG
    IMG_3190.JPG
    639.5 KB · Views: 11
  • IMG_3192.JPG
    IMG_3192.JPG
    781.5 KB · Views: 11
IMG_3235.JPG
IMG_3239.JPG
Saturday

Up and out at 0700, bike ride , popped out to local shops to get coffee , went the long way , 30 miles .

Weighed in stayed the same after last weeks loss. Cool with that.

B. 2 syns heck sausages, 2 eggs on spinach in wm toast hexb.

L. Cottage cheese , 2 Ryvita syned.

D. Slow cooker chicken spinach dansak, 2 syns

Ww yoghurt , 2 syns options hot chocolate.

IMG_3250.JPG
IMG_3251.JPG
IMG_3252.JPG
Sunday

B. 2 wm toast, 2 rashers lean bacon, 1 egg, beans

L. Exuberant . Hake fillet kebab in wm pitta, salad. Blo@dy gorgeous with fresh lime drizzled over it and jalapeños on the side. 7 syns, 1 for oil and 1 for mayo light

D. Slow cooked BBQ pulled pork, cabbage carrots peas. Took all outer fat off pork shoulder. About 3 syns all in.

12 syns

Last edited:
Have to say your food looks a lot more appetising than mine! (im living on porridge, chicken breasts, skinless fish, whey shakes and tonnes of veg)

I know slimming world works! i have friends who have lost on it, but it seems to give a lot of freedom calorie wise so i dont know WHY it works since i believe weight loss is done by calories out > calories in :)

IMG_3264.JPG
IMG_3266.JPG
Wednesday

Run commute

B. Overnight porridge, yoghurt, frozen berries, .5 syn sweetener.

Apple

L.Chicken salad 1 syn salad cream light 5 syns wm slice bread.

Run commute

D. Fake away fish chips peas salad. Used couscous to coat fish. Did some zinger nuggets for my son. All well received!

Attachments

• IMG_3265.JPG
    IMG_3265.JPG
    987.8 KB · Views: 11
Subscribing!

Thursday

B. 2 eggs scrambled with lean smoked bacon , red pepper and spring onion on wm toast.

L. 2 chicken thighs and salad. 2 syns salad cream light.

2 satsumas
A chicken thigh

D. Stuffed myself silly Stir fry chicken and veg 1 syn for Lucy Bee coconut oil shared between 3. And noodles. About 8 syns worth of mayflower curry sauce, kept picking at it , I absolutely love it.

Total syns 11
Weight watchers yoghurt
IMG_3275.JPG
IMG_3276.JPG

IMG_3281.JPG
Friday

B. Egg and beans on 2wm toast with laughing cow light.

L. At a work meeting most of the day , sandwiches and other very tempting spring rolls, pakoras and samosas .... had 2 chicken drumsticks and 2 quarter sandwiches of cheese salad , discovered it had pickle in it too, so probably blew all my syns. Will have to try and work them off tomorrow morning..

D. SW kedgeree.

Snacks
Ww yoghurt , 1 caramel sweet, 1 syn. 1 chicken thigh.

Probably about 15 syns today.

Damn nice looking meals, what way do you do your poached eggs, they look perfect every time haha.

To the guy above, slimming world forces you to eat the proper nutrients (fibre, calcium etc) that works together to speed up your metabolism and burn off calories faster. I honestly swear by slimming world, i'm down 2 stone with no effort at all. With the whole counting calories thing, people still eat crap and because it's below their calorie intake they expect it to make them lose weight but the problem is the body isn't always getting the proper nutrition it needs and ends up storing it as backup fat.

Counting calories works for a lot of people, i just don't have the time and the fact that it takes all that extra work means that it would bore me after a while and i'll just not bother. In my eyes slimming world is faultless, if you stick to the 15 syn rule and have your HEXA and HEXB then you're going to lose weight. If you want to lose more simply go nuts on the speed foods.

@Doctor Cox thanks for dropping on, I love my egg poacher at home, but I do use a hack or 2 when using the works microwave. For that I use a Cup, some cokdcwster , break egg into it cover the cup with a saucer and cook ( below 1000) for 20- 30 seconds , then 10 second intervals checking...don't want an eggsplosion..... SW is great, sticking to plan is key, it takes me a few weeks to get in the groove if I've been off plan a while ( recipes , shopping , planning) I had a great kiss in my first week, 4lbs, niecsemnef to have stayed the same for a couple of weeks. Will weigh tomorrow , forgot do it this morning, busy prepping for house move.

Stayed the same , 13'2 , ok with that. As long as I'm not gaining. Sticking to plan. A lot going on. Saturday and Sunday breakfasts.

Saturday

B. Melon followed byMushroom lean bacon onion Omelette with a baby bell light and tomato

L. New potatoes, quorn Swedish meat balls in spicy tomato sauce , loads of salad.

Banana

D. Spaghetti Bol made with turkey mince , pasta

2 teaspoons peanut butter 4 syns

Attachments

• IMG_3284.JPG
    IMG_3284.JPG
    1.3 MB · Views: 9
  • IMG_3293.JPG
    IMG_3293.JPG
    1.6 MB · Views: 9
IMG_3306.JPG
IMG_3308.JPG
Sunday
B. Poached egg, SW new potato chips, beans, bacon (lean) mushrooms .

An apple

Late Lunch at 1530. Whole meal roll hex b plus a half 3 or 4 syns? With low fat cottage cheese, Spain go in, lettuce, lean beef, 2 syns for horseradish , cherry Tom, beetroot and gherkin on the side.

D. Turkey mince spag Bol packed with speed food ( onions, carrot, peppers and celery) 2 syns for oil, sude salad , 2 syns for Parmesan .

10 syns

Last edited:
Back