SaraC's Pescetarian Diary (SW & WW)

MmMMmMMMMmMMMmmmm your planned binge sounds goooooood and fairly SW friendly too - enjoy!

How old is your daughter? I have a 10.5 month old (and a 4 year old) so I know the feeling of being woken after a night out.... I think in future Im going to try to insist they go off to stay somewhere rather than us having to deal with them the next day :eek:

Congrats on staying within your syns for the vodka :D you have more willpower than me :D

Hope you enjoy your "healthy binge" tonight :) x

MmMMmMMMMmMMMmmmm your planned binge sounds goooooood and fairly SW friendly too - enjoy!

How old is your daughter? I have a 10.5 month old (and a 4 year old) so I know the feeling of being woken after a night out.... I think in future Im going to try to insist they go off to stay somewhere rather than us having to deal with them the next day :eek:

Hi Alice,

She is 18 months old next week, eeek :eek: But was 7 weeks premature so is 16 months corrected, she's my little angel (most of the time ;) ). I put her up to bed 10 minutes ago and have heard nothing from her since.

Hubby has just come home to drop the car off as he is getting free drinks at the gig and he is up early with her tomorrow haha rather him than me, I will be having a nice lie in (we alternate each weekend so we each get either a Saturday or Sunday lie in!!).

Congrats on staying within your syns for the vodka :D you have more willpower than me :D

Hope you enjoy your "healthy binge" tonight :) x

Thanks Linzi, I have only just eaten my tea though and am really full so I don't know whether the "binge" will take place, we will see!!

What are you up to tonight?

As attractive as another night out sounded, I turned it down for a nice quiet night in :) currently watching the match then i'm going to laze in bed and watch a DVD with a cup of tea. I sound about 80 years old, you'd never think I'm only almost 22!!

Ooh see how you feel later :) your tea sounded lovely! x

Hubby has just come home to drop the car off as he is getting free drinks at the gig and he is up early with her tomorrow haha rather him than me, I will be having a nice lie in (we alternate each weekend so we each get either a Saturday or Sunday lie in!!).

Well it is Fathers Day isn't it - it will be good for them to have some father/daughter time :p

Well it seems like my Red Week had a profound effect on me with my outlook on carbs! My husband made a roast tonight and boiled some new potatoes but I ended up throwing one and a half big potatoes away because I didn't want to eat *that* many carbs.

We have had a nice day today, it was my lie in today as Hubby chose his lie in for yesterday, there was a big African Music Festival going on in a park in Liverpool which our friends were going to so I made a SW friendly picnic and a bottle of NAS squash and water and off we went. The baby loved it! :D She also gave my husband a fab Fathers Day present by standing up on her own for a few seconds about 3 or 4 times, one of our friends even got it on camera!! My Mother-in-Law flies over from Australia next Tuesday for 5 weeks so I hope the baby walks for the first time while she is here as she would be SO chuffed!!

With regards to MIL, she is fab and we get on really well, she used to live here and emigrated to Aus in 2006, each time that we either go over to Aus or she comes here we end up putting on LOADS of weight as she likes to eat out, so we have said to her that we're not going to be eating out much, mainly due to finances but also that hubby weighed himself this morning and he has lost over a stone and a half since I have been doing SW so we don't want to be putting all the weight back on ;)

Sunday - Green Day

Brunch: Picnic (2 pieces wholemeal bread from 400g loaf, with 56g mature cheddar cheese and Red Onion, packet of Pom Bear Crisps (from Multipack (4.5 syns), 1 Oreo Cookie (2.5 syns), 2 Alpen Light Bars (HEB)

Tea - Sunday Roast (New potatoes, Broccoli, Carrots, Cauliflower, roast Onions, 2 Quorn Fillets) with 2 Iceland Yorkshires (from batters) 4 syns and 2 tsp Bisto Reduced Salt

Drinks: NAS Squash and water, Diet Coke

HEA: 56g Cheddar Cheese

HEB: 2 pieces Wholemeal Bread from 400g loaf, 2 Alpen Light Bars

Superfree foods: Onions, Broccoli, Carrots, Cauliflower

Syns: Pom Bear Crisps (from Multipack (4.5 syns),
1 Oreo Cookie (2.5 syns)
2 Iceland Yorkshires from batters (4 syns)
2 tsp Bisto Reduced Salt Gravy (2 syns)
Total Syns: 13 syns

Leftover syns: 51/105 syns​

Thats deffo the start of it - Im sure it wont be long!

My daughter started walking on Friday - I SO wasn't prepared and forgot how it changes things! What a lovely Fathers Day pressie :)

That's amazing that your OH has lost that much weight too, did he want to lose weight, or was it 'accidental'?

Yum, your food today sounds delish!

Hehe, yeah it is the start of needing eyes in the back of my head I think, we have an open plan house and 2 cats meaning litter trays and cat food in her reach so I think we're going to need to revise our seating arrangements in the living room once she starts walking properly so she can't get into the kitchen!!

Hubby wasn't that overweight, if at all, he is obsessed with weighing himself though ;) lol, I think he does 2 WI a week or something!! He still eats some rubbish in work like he will have white toast with butter for breakfast and once a week they have a KFC or Subway for lunch and he eats a lot of sweets and biscuits but still seems to lose, jammy sod!! He now doesn't weigh that much more than me!!

Urgh, men - my OH is trying to put weight on, drives me bloody mad! When I tell him to be supportive of me he says 'its simple, just dont eat as much and then you'll lose weight' grrrrrrrr!

Monday, Monday, booooo!! We went to bed quite early last night as we were both shattered but could I sleep when I got there, could I heck as like ;) I lay there for an hour and a half before my body decided to let me go to sleep and then my Little Miss woke up at 1.20am screaming (she is teething at the mo) and then I was up for 6.15am for work!!

Work is really busy this week, I am on an Intensive First Aid Course Monday-Thursday so go into my office 8am-8.45am then to the First Aid Course, then back over to the office for lunch, back to the First Aid Course until 4.30pm and then back to the office until 5.30pm, if nothing else I will burn some calories as it's about a 5/10 minute walk from my office to the building where the course is taking place!!

I have had a Green Day again today and it is Green again for tomorrow and then tomorrow night we have our shopping delivered and have planned in Red Days for both Wednesday and Thursday. I am having to have toast for breakfast each day this week as I don't have any milk for my cereal!

Monday - Green Day

Breakfast: 2 pieces Wholemeal bread from 400g loaf, 2 LCL Triangles (2 syns) and Vegemite

Lunch: Salad (Peppers, Tomatoes, Lettuce, Onions, Carrots) with 1/2 tbsp Salad Cream Light (1 syn), Cherry Tomatoes and Grapes

Snacks: 2 Alpen Light Bars (HEB), Dairy Milk Bar (8.5 syns)

Tea - Pasta Bake (Tricolour and Chilli Pasta, Onions, Garlic, Tinned Tomatoes, Passata, splashed of Tabasco Sauce (yummy!), 84g Mozzarella (HEA*2) with 2 Quorn Sausages

Drinks: NAS Squash and water, Diet Coke

HEA: 84g Mozzarella Cheese

Superfree foods: Onions, Tomatoes, Passata, Garlic, Grapes

Syns: Dairy Milk Bar (8.5 syns)
2 LCL Triangles (2 syns)
Total Syns: 10.5 syns

Leftover syns: 40.5/105 syns​

Sara, can you come and cook for me? Your food sounds delicious :) hope you've had a good day x

Woooppp all the ingredients have just arrived for my Giant Jaffa cake and the jelly is just setting as I type!!! :D My sister and hubby are both gegging onto it already ;)

I've had a pretty uninspiring day food-wise, toast for breakfast, leftover pasta bake for lunch and then chickpea dhal & savoury rice for tea!! I need to break the habit of eating the same things when I am on Green Days, I am aware that I become a creature of habit which isn't good! I have been and bought some FF yoghurt to have with Special K Sustain for breakfast instead of bread, bread, bread!!

Tuesday - Green Day

Breakfast: 2 pieces Wholemeal bread from 400g loaf, 2 LCL Triangles (HEA) and Vegemite

Lunch: Leftover Pasta Bake (Tricolour and Chilli Pasta, Onions, Garlic, Tinned Tomatoes, Passata, splashed of Tabasco Sauce), cherry tomatoes

Snacks: 2 Alpen Light Bars (HEB), strawberries, packet of Quavers (4.5 syns)

Tea - Chickpea Dhal with Savoury Rice (delicious!)

Drinks: NAS Squash and water, 7up Zero

HEA: 2 LCL Triangles

Superfree foods: Onions, Tomatoes, Passata, Garlic, Cherry Tomatoes, Strawberries

Syns: Dairy Milk Bar (8.5 syns)
Quavers (4.5 syns)
Total Syns: 13 syns

Leftover syns: 27.5/105 syns​

Sara, can you come and cook for me? Your food sounds delicious :) hope you've had a good day x

Hehe thanks hun! :D I have to admit though that me & T both take it in turns for tea, he did tonight, I do tomorrow etc, etc!! I am getting a lot better at cooking now but I do think it may be rather cold by the time I got up to Newcastle with it lol ;)

At least you're getting better at it :D

Before I started SW I could burn water..now I'm making most of my own food :D woop!! x

That can only be a good thing! I actually like cooking now and will take pride in inviting friends round and actually making a 2 or 3 course meal from scratch and all SW friendly!!

Ohhhh my Giant Jaffa Cake is in the fridge to set overnight, I will let you know how it is tomorrow, it is SOOOO easy to do! ;) xx

I seem to have eaten LOADS today, I am on my * week and I just feel sooo crap, really tired and have the attention span of a gnat!! As I said earlier I have been on a First Aid Course this week and we had a written test this morning and then we have assessments all tomorrow afternoon, if I pass then I become a qualified HSE First Aider! :D

I am not very optimistic for a loss this week, my stomach is really bloated because of * week, I have had a Red Day today and having one tomorrow too to try & cut down the carbs, I think this is a good pattern to follow to ensure I am not having a carb overload!!

Wednesday - Red Day

Breakfast: 28g Special K Sustain (HEB) with Onken FF Vanilla Yoghurt

Midmorning Snack: Alpen Light Bar (1/2 HEB) and 2 satsumas

Lunch: Quorn Deli & Cottage Cheese Salad (Lettuce, peppers, tomatoes, cabbage, carrots) with 4 Quorn Deli Chicken Style Slices, half a tub of Red Pepper & Sweet Chilli Cottage Cheese (1 syn) and 1tbsp Salad Cream Light (2 syns), cherry tomatoes afterwards

Mid Afternoon (watching the football) Snack: 2 satsumas, banana, Alpen Light Bar (1/2 HEB), Mini Fudge Bar (3 syns), 2 Babybel (HEA)

Tea - Baked Smoked River Cobbler with BNS chips with 42g melted Mozzarella over (HEA)

Dessert: 1/16 of Giant Jaffa Cake (6.5 syns) and DELICIOUS :D :D :D

Drinks: 2l NAS Squash and water

HEA: 2 Babybel, 42g Mozzarella

HEB: 28g Special K Sustain, 2 Alpen Light Bars

Superfree foods: BNS, Lettuce, peppers, tomatoes, cabbage, carrots, cherry tomatoes, satsuma, banana

Syns: Half a tub of Red Pepper & Sweet Chilli Cottage Cheese (1 syn)
1tbsp Salad Cream Light (2 syns)
Mini Fudge Bar (3 syns)
1/16 of Giant Jaffa Cake (6.5 syns)
Total Syns: 12.5 syns

Leftover syns: 15/105 syns​

Well I passed my First Aid Course so I am now a qualified First Aider :D :D

My little lady is a bit under the weather today, I think she may have hayfever, we gave her some Junior Piriton earlier and her symptoms seem to have subsided, I didn't know babies could get it but apparently because she has eczema she is prone to other allergies?

I was going to have a Red Day today but then realised because we weren't having any fish it was pointless, so I decided to just have a low carb Green Day instead.

I have the day with Little Miss tomorrow and then T & I are going to my friends for a party in the evening :D

Thursday - Low carb Green Day

Breakfast: 28g Special K Sustain (HEB) with Onken FF Vanilla Yoghurt

Midmorning Snack: Alpen Light Bar (1/2 HEB) and 2 satsumas

Lunch: Quorn Deli & Cottage Cheese Salad (Lettuce, peppers, tomatoes, cabbage, carrots) with 4 Quorn Deli Chicken Style Slices, half a tub of Red Pepper & Sweet Chilli Cottage Cheese (1/2 syn) and 1tbsp Salad Cream Light (2 syns), cherry tomatoes afterwards

Mid Afternoon Snack: 2 satsumas, Raspberries, Alpen Light Bar (1/2 HEB), 2 Babybel (HEA)

Tea - Quorn Crispy Fillet (3.5 syns), 198g New Potatoes, Salad (Lettuce, Carrots, Cabbage, Tomatoes)

Dessert: 1/16 of Giant Jaffa Cake (6.5 syns) and DELICIOUS :D :D :D

Drinks: 2l NAS Squash and water, Diet Coke

HEA: 2 Babybel

HEB: 28g Special K Sustain, 2 Alpen Light Bars

Superfree foods: BNS, Lettuce, Peppers, Tomatoes, Cabbage, Carrots, Cherry tomatoes, Satsuma, Raspberries

Syns: Half a tub of Red Pepper & Sweet Chilli Cottage Cheese (0.5 syn)
1tbsp Salad Cream Light (2 syns)
Quorn Crispy Fillet (3.5 syns)
1/16 of Giant Jaffa Cake (6.5 syns)
Total Syns: 12.5 syns

Leftover syns: 2.5/105 syns​

I am now going to make a giant jaffa cake since everyone is raving about it!! Any tips?

Well done on your first aid course :D xx

Hi Linzi,

A tip for setting the jelly the right shape is to open the flan case, place cling film over it, then make up your jelly to half the directed quantity and then pour over the clingfilm, allow to cool & set a bit and then put into the fridge. Once it is set then melt the choc, put on top and then put it back into the fridge!

Back