slimming world "saints".....or not??!!

well done! i dont miss the smell or the health issues or the inconvenience or money side of it lol just the actual smoking a cigarette! lol my oh still smokes and he stinks wen he comes in from havin a fag! xxx

well done! i dont miss the smell or the health issues or the inconvenience or money side of it lol just the actual smoking a cigarette! lol my oh still smokes and he stinks wen he comes in from havin a fag! xxx

That must be really hard me and my OH gave up together its bad enough when he comes in and has been in the van with smokers urgh :mad:

aw! yeah it is hard but its ok, he was a stropy **** wen he tried giving up smoking lol xxx

-Laura- said:
Ahh, the wisdom of jaylou..! Everyone is different!!

I'm one of the people who might have taken the OP personally if I still kept my online food diary, especially as I've just had a 100% (actually 100%!!) week and gained a pound - but I have my paper diary and know I've stuck to plan, and as my C says, there is always a reason.. sometimes you just have to look really hard to find it!

However, I can't be the only one who sits in group when someone is reeling off what a good week they've had, and how they've stuck completely to plan and just don't understand how they've gained (hell, people probably think it about me!), and then after group you hear them mention the takeaway they had on last WI night, or that sneaky chocolate bar they had, or lots of other little things that crept in and added up.. I suppose it's just the online version of that! Not so much 'telling porkies', as maybe not feeling happy to admit the whole truth, for whatever reason!

(I won't join in with the singing, though, if it's all the same to you guys...!)

Oh I do love a good debate!

Isn't not admitting the truth the same as telling porkies? That's a bit of an oxymoron!

If you read exactly what alfiesmummy said she didn't state that ALL people with small losses may not be being completely honest about what they've eaten, she said looking through SOME of the food diaries which in turn is pretty much what you've said yourself about the people at your group.

It's each to their own In my opinion, we are all doing SW for our own reason and have our own targets, but let's put what alfiesmummy said into perspective. It was an observation from SOME food diaries.

I have had a week of STS and this week only 1lb lost and i've not taken offence at all, in fact I'd welcome someone to scrutinize my diary to tell me where the hell if anywhere I'm going wrong!!!!!

Kankles said:
Oh I do love a good debate!

Isn't not admitting the truth the same as telling porkies? That's a bit of an oxymoron!

If you read exactly what alfiesmummy said she didn't state that ALL people with small losses may not be being completely honest about what they've eaten, she said looking through SOME of the food diaries which in turn is pretty much what you've said yourself about the people at your group.

It's each to their own In my opinion, we are all doing SW for our own reason and have our own targets, but let's put what alfiesmummy said into perspective. It was an observation from SOME food diaries.

I have had a week of STS and this week only 1lb lost and i've not taken offence at all, in fact I'd welcome someone to scrutinize my diary to tell me where the hell if anywhere I'm going wrong!!!!!

Damn u kankles wording it Sooo much better than me. Yes not admitting the truth sounds Soooo much better x

Noooo, it's just being economical with the truth... ;)

I don't disagree with alfiesmummy at all - hence why I made the comment about people at group, and how her comments were just the online version of that. I'll sit there and wonder if some people aren't being completely honest, and no doubt some people might sit there and think the same about me. In some cases it's true, and in others it's not.

I think it's a natural response to any criticism to think 'well I hope that's not aimed at me!', and that's maybe why some of the responses to begin with were defensive rather than wanting to enter into a debate about it. And that would probably have been my initial thought if I still kept my food diary on here. Maybe I'm just a paranoid soul, though! But, as you say, putting the OP into perspective then it's probably a thought we're all guilty of at some point or another - and it's not exactly surprising really, when you consider how much some people can cheat the plan and still lose, then someone else is saying they stick to it yet they still gain or maintain.

I'm losing track of where I'm going here, but I certainly wasn't attacking alfiesmummy and her post, far from it, and I apologise if it didn't come across in the way it was intended!

Damn u kankles wording it Sooo much better than me. Yes not admitting the truth sounds Soooo much better x

Well done you lot................. that does sound so much better................ and Kankles like you I love to debate and will debate any topic from "porkies " to world affairs It is in the blood you know lol !!!! Take after my long deceased dad, now there was a first class, eloquent and literate debater

Now where is that tambourine, that is if I am allowed to jangle it , no squawking, I promise Welshcake

-Laura- said:
Ahh, the wisdom of jaylou..! Everyone is different!!

I'm one of the people who might have taken the OP personally if I still kept my online food diary, especially as I've just had a 100% (actually 100%!!) week and gained a pound - but I have my paper diary and know I've stuck to plan, and as my C says, there is always a reason.. sometimes you just have to look really hard to find it!

However, I can't be the only one who sits in group when someone is reeling off what a good week they've had, and how they've stuck completely to plan and just don't understand how they've gained (hell, people probably think it about me!), and then after group you hear them mention the takeaway they had on last WI night, or that sneaky chocolate bar they had, or lots of other little things that crept in and added up.. I suppose it's just the online version of that! Not so much 'telling porkies', as maybe not feeling happy to admit the whole truth, for whatever reason!

(I won't join in with the singing, though, if it's all the same to you guys...!)

Not at all i saw your point and u defo wasn't being funny with me xx

Well done you lot................. that does sound so much better................ and Kankles like you I love to debate and will debate any topic from "porkies " to world affairs It is in the blood you know lol !!!! Take after my long deceased dad, now there was a first class, eloquent and literate debater

Now where is that tambourine, that is if I am allowed to jangle it , no squawking, I promise Welshcake

i got kicked out for squawking :cry: xx

alot of people loose very slowly no matter how good they'v been, compared to others. My weight loss was exactly 1lb to the amount of weeks it took me to hit target.. and yes whilst i had naughty weeks, i could be an absoloute saint for months and months on end and get no better loss. ... if anything i praise those who work thier arses off and dont get big numbers like some do.. take brightonrosie who i think is still around her somewhere, maybe not sw anymore though- she works SO hard, and even did fast forward which wasnt easy by anyones standards and she has a very slow loss.. so much so that if im honest, i would have never stuck with had it been me. x

Well......
WI today for week 2, had 96 syns this week (wrote everything down)
Got on scales on thurs a lb down, yay!
Weighed this morning, lb back so sts this week. I have been good!
I have no reason to lie to myself

daisykins said:
Well......
WI today for week 2, had 96 syns this week (wrote everything down)
Got on scales on thurs a lb down, yay!
Weighed this morning, lb back so sts this week. I have been good!
I have no reason to lie to myself

Which plan r u following?? x

EE
Lost 4lb in first week, I'm a little upset about the lb.
We spent lots on healthy shopping last week (£100), its going to be hard to buy enough this week as we only have £60 (for family of 4)
x x

daisykins said:
EE
Lost 4lb in first week, I'm a little upset about the lb.
We spent lots on healthy shopping last week (£100), its going to be hard to buy enough this week as we only have £60 (for family of 4)
x x

Tell me about it. I spend around 70 a week on me n my 2 year old.... Ekkkkk. Going have to stop. R u having all ur superseded and random q but what fruit do u have ad some is high in sugar n May not agree with u xx

Ok peeps. I was talking about the people who do lie to themselves.. Stop getting so wound up and chill i was making an observation. Dear god what happened to freedom of speech. Im not saying about people with medical issues or anything im not being negative im just asking why do some people lie to themselves and although ur not one of them thy are out there. People are looking at this too deep and what the hell has thyroid problems got to do with it... You surely would mention that like you just did. Relax people its Friday and if you haven't noticed it move on stop making me out to be cruel when i was making an honest and correct statement of what SOME NOT ALL people do.

Do you not see that you are making assumptions, and that this will upset people that because they ahve small losses you will make an assumptions about them! You say not everyone, but how you decide which diarists with small losses you will make assumptions about, and which you won't

woah woah calm down ppl, dont want to have to start our sing song again :) xxxx

mumtheshopper said:
Do you not see that you are making assumptions, and that this will upset people that because they ahve small losses you will make an assumptions about them! You say not everyone, but how you decide which diarists with small losses you will make assumptions about, and which you won't

Sorry but ive had this convo today. Im not going justifing again so end of love. Its boring now

juicygooseface said:
woah woah calm down ppl, dont want to have to start our sing song again :) xxxx

Juicy are u having a slice of cake my lil gooseface lol. Im going to expect loads of abuse tonight r this post whilst some people r in denial about their Friday night eating. Oppps or maybe that's just me...chinese chips and wine. Damn it Haha x

Back