Total Solution Smidge's 2016 Diary :)

Going well so far today :) Had my shake for breakfast, just thinking about what to have for lunch. College was good, I'm a bit tired from last night so it was hard but at least I went!

Also, a friend at college said in conversation "well you've lost quite a bit haven't you" :D

It's all seeming worth it finally!

Help me! My Mum and sister came round for a cuppa so I asked the OH to pick up some biscuits. Now I have open packs of chocolate hobnobs, maryland cookies and mint club in the house :confused: I'm hoping my OH will polish them off soon lol!

Morning ladies - it's that time of the week again and the scales say..... another 5lb off :scale:

I can't believe how lucky I am being this month. I am working really hard but you can't always rely on the scales paying you back for all that hard work. I love VLCD!

Got curry night coming up this week so will probably be a smaller loss but I'm confident I will hit my target. Only 2lb to go for 2 stone which is bloody brilliant :)

7 weeks to go :D

Have a good day all!

Another great loss smidge

well done smidge :)

Thanks ladies!! :D

Smidge you're doing brilliant, well done! How do you feel? I love the empty tummy feeling. Just one stone to goal for you! Bet those chips will go down a treat hehe xxx

Thanks manda! I agree, I felt so bloated all the time with my bad eating habits and now I just feel fine and dandy :) great that my heartburn has really reduced too!

I have reflux disease myself and haven't noticed an improvement just yet. I'm hoping that once I lose enough weight it might go away as gaining it was what caused it in the first place.

I hope so for you. It's the worst thing isn't it and I always get it at bedtime. I'm the same, the doctor told me it's probably down to my weight, diet and eating late at night and she must have had my number as it's basically gone!

Losing the weight has stopped my snoring as well according to the OH :)

As soon as I hit 14 stone I start snoring, I know because I even wake myself up lol.

There is a lot of research that says low carb eating cures indigestion and that a lot of indigestion is caused by a high carb intake. Which makes sense for me as bacon and eggs wouldn't make me acidy but toast or pastry would.

Lizzy x

Great loss Smidge :)

Glad the heartburn is going. I'm still suffering, but slightly less so. I expect it will ease off more as I lose more.

As soon as I hit 14 stone I start snoring, I know because I even wake myself up lol.

There is a lot of research that says low carb eating cures indigestion and that a lot of indigestion is caused by a high carb intake. Which makes sense for me as bacon and eggs wouldn't make me acidy but toast or pastry would.

Lizzy x

Haha yea I was starting to wake myself up too and I have noticed I am getting a better nights sleep these days. I think I will have to go low carb for the rest of my life to avoid it coming back, I hate it.

Great loss Smidge :)

Glad the heartburn is going. I'm still suffering, but slightly less so. I expect it will ease off more as I lose more.

Thank you! I'm sure it will fade for you too, I think lots of us have it from simply being overweight :)

Feeling quite good today, especially now I can see my updated ticker which is nearly at the halfway point!

Had my shakes for brekkie and lunch and will have curry for dinner in a bit. Don't think I have drunk enough today as I got quite busy at work so will make sure I keep it up tonight.

Me and the OH were talking diet last night and when I said I wanted to get 2 more stone off he said I looked completely different already which is nice to hear from him :) He sees me everyday so if he is noticing it it must be getting to that stage where people start to see it! Happy days :D

Ugh, just got back from ASDA. I haven't been shopping for ages, the OH just gets whatever he wants from Iceland when I'm not eating. Anyway, it was horrid! So many people and obviously do much food.... got to stick with it, got to stick with it.

Last edited:
I'm still here... Somehow o_O

Food shopping is evil when your on this diet, esp the bakery section! Keep going, you're doing so well!

Back