Sona on Dukan Diet- Restart

Morning dukeneers!!

Well we had 5 this morning and a rather frosty start ti the day but the sun was out! Do love me a bit of sunshine in the morning!! Hows ur dukan day planning out?

Z xxx

Getting hotter but since its 3pm, only 3 hours to home!!! :p

Slight change of plan and had a black coffee with my pancake (not nice) and just kebab n yogurt at lunch. Maybe another yogurt during the day!.

My pancake was too bland what can i do to make it ... Taste of something?? Sweetner?

Did you eat it plain? I usually use it as a wrap with an omelette or stuff it with some chicken...

Never thot of eating it plain - y waste a perfectly great bread substitute :p

Soory - wasnt much help. Maybe someone else will have some insight?

Never thot of eating it plain - y waste a perfectly great bread substitute :p Soory - wasnt much help. Maybe someone else will have some insight?

Made it with sweetner for tomorow shouldvtaste nicer! Did a fab job keeping me full intill lunch time!

Today:
B- pancake, black coffee

L- kebab, ketchup & yogart
cappuccino with skim milk (no more of these)

S- chicken soup after work
Green tea

D- 1 chicken wing, chicken breast a few strips of beef and cottage cheese.

15 mins stepper

Not as much water today

Remind me about your "kebabs" again, Sona... I remember you used to eat these often and they're not the sort I'd normally think of and say "noooo" to, I know!!
Galettes I quite like plain, served with smoked salmon and scrambled eggs. That's our standard Sunday breakfast! Otherwise we tend to put a prawn or split a crabstick in three and put a little in each muffin. Horses for courses though. I hate sweet galettes with a vengeance! Muffins with a fruit flavoured yoghurt in replacing some of the fromage blanc is nice too :)

Remind me about your "kebabs" again, Sona... I remember you used to eat these often and they're not the sort I'd normally think of and say "noooo" to, I know!! Galettes I quite like plain, served with smoked salmon and scrambled eggs. That's our standard Sunday breakfast! Otherwise we tend to put a prawn or split a crabstick in three and put a little in each muffin. Horses for courses though. I hate sweet galettes with a vengeance! Muffins with a fruit flavoured yoghurt in replacing some of the fromage blanc is nice too :)

Chicken mince with spices sealed with egg n grilled! Has an onion in it n fresh chillis but like 1 small onion over 2kg of meat.

My sweet galatte was really nice n filling! Iv noticed it keeps me going for 4 hours between brekki n lunch!

Guna have a sneaky weigh in tomorow as thursday last day of attack! Have kept up my stepper everyday! Need to drink more water at work! Trying reduced calorie coffee whitner.. Very nice 2g carb per teaspoon.

B- pancake coffee
L- chicken, kebab, yogart
S- tea, turkey slice, kebab

D- 1 chicken wing, beef, cottage cheese & chicken soup

(Dinner subject to change)

I line up the little bottles of water at work and make sure so many have gone by lunchtime, etc. I find it far easier to drink lots at work, where I'm sitting down next to them most of the time. Weekends I definitely drink less when out and about (and further from a loo!).

Your "kebab" (burgers!!) sound nice! I can't remember where I can get chicken mince over here... I remember it's pretty tasteless so I guess that's why it needs spices etc. I tried the quorn mince and boy that's dry and boring!

Good luck for your first weigh in :)

Agree with you on galletes being quite filling ... I usually make them on weekends and take with me (sneak them into Pauls or wherever we going for brekkie) so I can have some "bread" with my eggs :p

all the best for your WI xx

I line up the little bottles of water at work and make sure so many have gone by lunchtime, etc. I find it far easier to drink lots at work, where I'm sitting down next to them most of the time. Weekends I definitely drink less when out and about (and further from a loo!). Your "kebab" (burgers!!) sound nice! I can't remember where I can get chicken mince over here... I remember it's pretty tasteless so I guess that's why it needs spices etc. I tried the quorn mince and boy that's dry and boring! Good luck for your first weigh in :)

I wish i could drink more at work but cant do too many trips to the little gals room! I drink more at home im a bit funny with water! Iike the taste of water on blackburn but not preston. Hmm weird i know.

Yes burgers, they are delish!

Thanks! First official wi is friday, sneaky one today

Agree with you on galletes being quite filling ... I usually make them on weekends and take with me (sneak them into Pauls or wherever we going for brekkie) so I can have some "bread" with my eggs :p all the best for your WI xx

Im loving the pancakes! Got a method too! I cook them in a small pan then stick it under the grill then flip it when its moulded a bit n cook on other side! Only taken a few mins but its worth it! Also found im only eating one egg a day in the pancake which is good! Will probs to dukan bread next week n then switch to mini quiches for breki.

Well todays cheeky weigh in was not at great as i had hoped but still on the downward slope!

Started at :14.4.0
Today: 14.2.6

5 days of attack so far n 5 days of exercise.

Today was

B-pancake n coffee
L- chicken kebab, yogurt
S- two seek kebabs n a couple turkey slices
D- half a peri peri chicken.

Dinner was a mini bday party for my boys 6th he got take put n a lil cake from morrisons. I only had the chicken not the cake or pizza.

Got the proper bday party for both my kids on sunday! Chicken drums, kebabs n salad on the menu for me! N a sneaky spoonful of cake!
Wish me luck!

Duno why im still hungry now! Will drink some more water in a bit!

Hey Sona - a loss is a loss and look how strong you were to turn away from that cake! It's true that the weight doesn't come off as easily as it did at our first attempts at low carb diets but perhaps it'll stay off easier if it comes off slower?!! That's what I'm hoping at least!

I'm not keen on the water where I live either so we tend to buy (cheapest) bottled. At work, it's provided for us and I'm not far from the loo... :)

Peri peri chicken... what's this please?
Your post elsewhere has reminded me that I need to buy a new slow cooker. Last weekend, it took about 24 hrs for OH's oxtail to be tender enough to eat. That can't be right, and my last beef concoction took ages too... Shame cos my cooker used to be my Mum's (and she passed on over 16 years ago, so that gives you an idea of its age!)

Quick update:

First official wi after 6 days attack as the site suggested and.... ... 4lbs off! I am pleased with that! I agree with Jo its not gona be as much as the first time but its the best first week loss i have had with any eating plan so far this year! I feel motivated to keep going and exercising!

14.4 go 14.0

Next goal is to get to 13.5

Today:

B: savory pancake with cream cheese n turkey slice. Coffee
S: coffee
L: chicken, kebab, yogurt, coffee
S:coffee
T: chicken soup small portion
D: prawn stirfry with veg.

Totally forgot today was my first pv day so will have my vegis for dinner! The coffee's were small paper cup size from the snazy new vending machine at work! Also found a liking for kenko coffee! 15 mins on stepper tonight! Thats 6 days of attack n 6 days of exercise.

Measurements haven't changed much.

Well done for completing Attack and good loss too :)

Hey Sona - a loss is a loss and look how strong you were to turn away from that cake! It's true that the weight doesn't come off as easily as it did at our first attempts at low carb diets but perhaps it'll stay off easier if it comes off slower?!! That's what I'm hoping at least! I'm not keen on the water where I live either so we tend to buy (cheapest) bottled. At work, it's provided for us and I'm not far from the loo... :) Peri peri chicken... what's this please? Your post elsewhere has reminded me that I need to buy a new slow cooker. Last weekend, it took about 24 hrs for OH's oxtail to be tender enough to eat. That can't be right, and my last beef concoction took ages too... Shame cos my cooker used to be my Mum's (and she passed on over 16 years ago, so that gives you an idea of its age!)

Jo i think the old cookers with the 4 equal burners were the best ones! Hard to find them like that nowerdays! My slow cooker has served me well last week will be cooking a batch of beef on monday im looking for something to marinate with though, ideas?

I checked my old diary, 1st attempt at dukan i lost 4lb in 5 days attack this time 4 in 6 days attack so im hoping i get the same success this time. I was eating carbs before dukan this time. What do u recon?

Soo glad i had my wi yesterday as tom appeared today n so did 2lbs! Not guna wi till next week now or im just guna get disheartened! Bit low on rations today!

B- omlette n 2 seek kebabs, coffee
S- coffee at mc donalds (taking the kids)
L- chicken kebab, yogart
S- tea, pancake with phili
D- chicken wings, beef, cottage cheese

Thank you! Feeling quite good about myself
How u getting on?

Good good :) I'm having ups and downs, still trying to find my Dukan legs :D I think it's harder second time round!

Got the proper bday party for both my kids on sunday! Chicken drums, kebabs n salad on the menu for me! N a sneaky spoonful of cake!
Wish me luck!

Duno why im still hungry now! Will drink some more water in a bit!

Happy Birthday to your kiddos! Enjoy the spoonful of cake today :)

I dont know what your portions are like ... I eat a lot of food and am practically munching through the day! I started off with coffee (large), then had some kale chips now going to eat a packet of salmon slices... I've got half a chicken, bns chips, celeriac chips and cheese for the afternoon. You are exercising so maybe not eating enough to fuel the exercise?

First official wi after 6 days attack as the site suggested and.... ... 4lbs off! I am pleased with that! I agree with Jo its not gona be as much as the first time but its the best first week loss i have had with any eating plan so far this year! I feel motivated to keep going and exercising!

14.4 go 14.0

Next goal is to get to 13.5

Totally forgot today was my first pv day so will have my vegis for dinner! The coffee's were small paper cup size from the snazy new vending machine at work! Also found a liking for kenko coffee! 15 mins on stepper tonight! Thats 6 days of attack n 6 days of exercise.

Well done on the loss...

And I do that all the time - forget my veggies! So now I've to making a big batch over the weekend and grabbing a box to take to work.

I checked my old diary, 1st attempt at dukan i lost 4lb in 5 days attack this time 4 in 6 days attack so im hoping i get the same success this time. I was eating carbs before dukan this time. What do u recon?

From all I've read, a 5 day attack is the most optimum - it loses its affect after that! Dukan told me to do 7 days I think - I was craving veggies so much so just stopped at 5 :p

Soo glad i had my wi yesterday as tom appeared today n so did 2lbs! Not guna wi till next week now or im just guna get disheartened! Bit low on rations today!

B- omlette n 2 seek kebabs, coffee
S- coffee at mc donalds (taking the kids)
L- chicken kebab, yogart
S- tea, pancake with phili
D- chicken wings, beef, cottage cheese

Oh I hate it when TOTM does that!

Enjoy the party today xx

Good good :) I'm having ups and downs, still trying to find my Dukan legs :D I think it's harder second time round!

The second time i tried it, i didnt do it very well too many mess ups and my heart wasnt fully in it. And i had slow losses. This time im determined n prepared n i think that has paid off. I aldo re-read my diary n followed the same food pattern with the same foods and that helped. Maybe u could read ur first diary ?

Happy Birthday to your kiddos! Enjoy the spoonful of cake today :) I dont know what your portions are like ... I eat a lot of food and am practically munching through the day! I started off with coffee (large), then had some kale chips now going to eat a packet of salmon slices... I've got half a chicken, bns chips, celeriac chips and cheese for the afternoon. You are exercising so maybe not eating enough to fuel the exercise? Well done on the loss... And I do that all the time - forget my veggies! So now I've to making a big batch over the weekend and grabbing a box to take to work. From all I've read, a 5 day attack is the most optimum - it loses its affect after that! Dukan told me to do 7 days I think - I was craving veggies so much so just stopped at 5 :p Oh I hate it when TOTM does that! Enjoy the party today xx

My portions r bigger when im at home i think!
My coffee is now a small paper cup size so i have three throughout the day instead of two big (take out style ones)

I have to have set lunches at work n at home i nit pick during the day so dont hav a set lunch time but try to have a normal dinner.

I duno wer ur based but in the uk in asda they sell these steam boxes n they are thin n square n the best portion control box i ever had. Not too deep n not too big.

The site said to do 6 so i did, i found it ok as i had enough food. I ate the same thing all week not always in the same order.

Tom has been a pain in the, well u know! Lol

Party today! Soo excited. Might be slightly off plan today but in a damage control fashion not the let my hair down n party like its the fourth of july type! ........ I have no ides were that came from.

My mum n sisters n dad coming over too from newcastle haven't seen them for a few months so feel a bit excited about that too!

Will catchup later.
Dont expect a menu from me today
But know........ i'll be back.

Back