Sona on Dukan Diet- Restart

Do you make your sausages?

Do you make your sausages?

no ive bought them, they are actually more like chicken franks really thin sausages. I dont know if they are low fat but im kinda lim8ited wih halaal food. I know they are not ideal but i have had them in the past and they dont do me too much damage! I know i know!! NOT DUKAN! but id rather have one of them than give up and eat a whole bad meal!

Ok dinner

Cauli mash with salt n pepper
Fish cooked and mashed in to caulimash. Tiny bit of cornflour. Mould 4-5 burgers and grill on a flylight coverd baking tray till brown on both sides! Yumm pv day fish burger!

Last edited:
just wanted to say i loved my dinner last night!

Today- pp

B- oat muffin, coffee cooffeeeeeeeee
S- coffee
L- chicken kebab
S- yogart
D - duno yet.

Mothers Day....

To choclate or not to chocolate?
my lil boy is only 3 and he's got his heart set on buying me a box of chocs on monthers day that they display in tesco! (blast tesco!) apparently they are pretty sweeties for mummy!

Oh dear :) well if you really really have to, accept the box in good grace and then hide it away? Is that possible? Too dangerous? Better steer him to flowers instead - I think they score even higher on the prettiness scales. If my supermarket is anythign to go by there is huge display of 'pretty' things for Mothers day and only a small proportion of that is chocolates.

My kids are well trained now in the 'no biscuits and cakes for mummy' now but if they make/bake something I do have to partake for the sake of *my* 3.5 year old so I completely understand your dilemma. When in cruise I 'broke' with the diet once, to have a (non-choc) cupcake at DD1s birthday party, and it did no damage. By the time DD2s birthday came round I was in Conso so again I had one, but ONLY one. But now I am allowed the odd special one and my kids of course know that too, so it gets harder to say no!

Oh dear! I agree with Anja - show him the pretty flowers and say how much Mummy likes them!! If you do get chocolates then try offering them to your little boy and OH - and hopefully they will eat the lot. I perfected this one when my DD used to bring home offerings from nursery such as grey bread and grey peppermint creams (why couldn't they put a bit of green colouring in them!!). They were grey from having so many little hands in them!! I used to give them to her to look after in the back seat of the car on the way home - and they would invariably be gone by the time we got home! (I'm a bad bad Mother!!)

I hear an excuse here Sona... ;)

Given that three year olds usually have the attention span of a flea, I'd accept them graciously, throw a ball and hide them while he runs after it (or is it just with cats that the ball trick works?!)

Is it worth ruining your good work for... oooh how long since your restart... two weeks?

<flexing witchy muscles>

Thanks for the advice ladies!!
U are all right ofcourse!!
and Jo.... OUCH! lol thanks!

no chocs iv advised my hubby to buy me a book instead!

Morning all!!

B- oat muffin, coffee
S- coffee
L- chicken, kebab
S- yogart
D- errmmm going to a birthday party for a kid so gona try not to
eat anything stick to soft drinks!

Hey there Sona - you know I mean well ;)

Firstly, your food intake mightn't be sufficient at lunchtime, PARTICULARLY if you might be tempted at a kid's birthday party... do you have something planned for YOU to eat during it? (Some gum handy to chew, cos it's not easy eating round gum - I've tried!!).

Try to think ahead and plan round these things. Even if you end up eating more chicken or boiled eggs than you'd normally like! Once full, you're full at least!

Hey there Sona - you know I mean well ;)

Firstly, your food intake mightn't be sufficient at lunchtime, PARTICULARLY if you might be tempted at a kid's birthday party... do you have something planned for YOU to eat during it? (Some gum handy to chew, cos it's not easy eating round gum - I've tried!!).

Try to think ahead and plan round these things. Even if you end up eating more chicken or boiled eggs than you'd normally like! Once full, you're full at least!

i know u do hun! and i appreciate it!

Im planning to have a snack before i go so im not actually hungry! and take some chewing gum! plan is to run around my lil one and feed him so no one notices im not eating!! hehe! avoiding cake is easy! i got a toothache!!

Are you turning into a "feeder", by any chance Sona???!! I've seen documentaries about people like you ;)

Are you turning into a "feeder", by any chance Sona???!! I've seen documentaries about people like you ;)

haha! no i dont think so! im still pretty much an eater! I managed to escape the party food minus 1 popcorn, 1 tiny tibe of cream from the cake and 1 lil jellybean! I had to look like i was eating! I managed to get rehan to eat one lil sandwich and a whole load of cheesy puff crisps! He didnt even eat the cake and usually he loves cake! There was some chicken home made patties there so i had one of those!

Good party! Im totally shatterd today though! Coffee timeeeeeeeeeeee

Hi Sona,
Just had a wee look at your stats, your doing great and an inspiration to me as my start bmi us about the same as yours.

I have a toddler too so I'm well aware if the temptations of parties and mums and tods groups etc. Well done for resisting!DS would have dived into the cheesy puffs too!

Karen x

Katu said:
Hi Sona,
Just had a wee look at your stats, your doing great and an inspiration to me as my start bmi us about the same as yours.

I have a toddler too so I'm well aware if the temptations of parties and mums and tods groups etc. Well done for resisting!DS would have dived into the cheesy puffs too!

Karen x

Hey hun!

Thanks ur msg was really sweet! How old is ur lil one?

Speaking of sweet my lil one did buy me chocolate and i did eat it so there!!! Mummy was clever and took him to boots to buy the chocolate came home with 2 atkins chocolate bars for mummy. A bottle of pop a bag of watsits and a caramel bunny chocolate for rehan thus spending daddys money that he gave rehan for mummys chocolate! I win!

If you're sure ;)

Lol Sona, that sounds like a compromise! Although i've never had Atkins chocolate it doesn't sound very appealing!!!!!

My wee boy will be 3 in June. We have a hard time getting him to eat anything. It's weird trying to encourage him to eat with us and then we are having something completely different!it's not forever though.

Karen x

Back