Statistics - What size are you at what weight?

6' 1"
17stone 4.5lbs
size 20

which REALLY annoys me as my mum is:

6' 0"
13stone 7lbs
size 22

She is about 4 stone lighter than me - but bigger.... where's the fairness in that!!?? :confused:

I'm 5ft, 9, 11st, 11lbs and a size 12 bottom/size 14 top due to my chest! Have lost four stone since I started SW and started at a tight size 20 top & bottom :)

I've got to admit I've gone down three dress sizes, the last one is without losing weight purely with exercise.

Also I'm always stunned by sizing as when I was a size 12 I weighed 9 stone, so when my hairdresser who is a size 8 and shorter than me said she weighed 11 st I was quite shocked!

Sizings have def changed. Shops use vanity sizing these days which basically means the clothes are now roomier to make us feel better. I have a mini skirt from my teenage years (12 years ago) in a size 12 and it is teeny tiny, in fact it fits my size 8 sister perfectly. I've bought clothes from charity shops too which are quite old and the sizes are so different. The thing is I've heard people say that young girls are getting skinnier, I don't think they are at all, its just that a today's size 8 - 10 was probably a 12 around 10 years ago!

Anyhow back on topic, I'm 5' 4'' weigh 13 stone 4 and I'm a size 16.

I'm 5'2".
At 18 stone I was in a size 20 on the bottom, and perhaps a 22 on top.
Now that I've lost almost a stone... I'm still in the same sizes lol.. I'll let you know when I downgrade ;)

I'm 5'11 (just under- but rounding up to the nearest 1/2 inch)

at my heaviest (April):
22 stone 7
size 26/28

now (5 1/2 months later):

18 stone 6
size 20 ish

I'm 5'1.5"
Weight 11st 3lb
I'm size 12 top and 12/14 bottoms

Clothes sizes and inches are going down all the time but weight loss seems to have stopped. :(

I'm 5'4 (well close enough that I always round up lol), weigh 8st 10lb and am mostly a size 8 depending where I shop. A lot of my t-shirts and underwear now come from the children's ranges lol.

At my heaviest I was 12st 11lb and a size 14/16 (probably closer to 16 but I was in denial lol)

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Im 5 ft 7 and weigh 22st 3lbs. I started slimming world nearly 3 weeks ago (got 3rd weigh in tomorrow night) at 22 st 13lbs so have lost 10 lbs already. I have size 26 fitted trousers but i do tend to live in leggings anyway. And on top size 22/24.
Havent seen any decrease yet in clothing but ive got lots to lose so im sure itll come in time. :) I remember a few years ago I was 13 st 7 and was a size 14-16 which i would be happy with now, altho at the time i wasnt of course (we never are).

Apparently its all to do with bone density - I did a Fat test, which measured how much fat on my body. My BMI says i'm obese however, the test showed ive got exactly the right amount of fat on my body for my age and height so not obese in correct times.
I still want to loose 1.5 stone but it shows that BMI weight is not always right and why the variation in sizes compared to weight

Apparently its all to do with bone density - I did a Fat test, which measured how much fat on my body. My BMI says i'm obese however, the test showed ive got exactly the right amount of fat on my body for my age and height so not obese in correct times.
I still want to loose 1.5 stone but it shows that BMI weight is not always right and why the variation in sizes compared to weight

where did you do this fat test?

I'm 5' 4", weight 12 stone, and I'm a size 14-16. I could fit into 14 bottoms if it wasn't for my tummy where I carry most of my weight. At the moment size 14 tops can be clingy, but I refuse to buy a size 16 top!

My first target is to get to 10 stone - that will put me at a 12-14.

5ft 8, 9st 10lb (when at target weight I'm 1.5lb over it at the min lol) and wear 10-12 bottom and a 10 top all depends where I'm shopping and how I wnat it to fit. I bought a size 12 top and a size 8 top in the same shop yesterday lol. I'm not that fussed what it says on the label as long as it fits right. I could be wearing a size 8 but if it doesn't fit it will look like I'm wearing a size 14 lol

6' 1"
17stone 4.5lbs
size 20

which REALLY annoys me as my mum is:

6' 0"
13stone 7lbs
size 22

She is about 4 stone lighter than me - but bigger.... where's the fairness in that!!?? :confused:

How is that possible? I'm sure 13 stone 7 must be around the healthy weight mark (just a bit over maybe- at 5'11 i should be 12 stone 9 or something)- it seems more or less impossible :s Does she have a lot of loose skin or something? (don't have to answer btw- just curious lol)

I'm 5'2, 14st 3lb and a size 16 on top, 16-18 on the bottom. Though in some shops a 16 is big enough.
Looking at other peoples stats I'm amazed how I'm not wearing a bigger size (but obviously happy about it lol).
Just goes to show there isnt a one size fits all solution, and that some shops most defintiely size their clothes smaller. Im looking at you topshop ;)

How is that possible? I'm sure 13 stone 7 must be around the healthy weight mark (just a bit over maybe- at 5'11 i should be 12 stone 9 or something)- it seems more or less impossible :s Does she have a lot of loose skin or something? (don't have to answer btw- just curious lol)

I was thinking how different these sizes all seem :confused:

Shirleen is almost the same height AND SIZE as me but weighs 18st 6.5lb whereas I weigh 22 st 4.5lb! 4 stone less than me but the same size?!?! :confused: :sigh:

And X Kelly X is almost identical to me in both height/weight but is a size smaller than me.

I dont get it :sigh:

I was thinking how different these sizes all seem :confused:

Shirleen is almost the same height AND SIZE as me but weighs 18st 6.5lb whereas I weigh 22 st 4.5lb! 4 stone less than me but the same size?!?! :confused: :sigh:

And X Kelly X is almost identical to me in both height/weight but is a size smaller than me.

I dont get it :sigh:

Being heavier and a smaller size can be explained by increased muscle mass/bone density etc. But being a just above "healthy" weight but being a size 22- that i'm struggling to get my head around lol

I know it really makes me mad :flamingmad:! I will never forget my mum telling me I was too overweight to get married earlier this year - she thinks she's fine because according to the BMI chart she is only just overweight, but she is now a bigger size than me, but still lighter - it's crazy.
She even weighed in front of me to prove how much lighter she is than me :mad:

Now I've had my rant - I should add that I tend to put on weight all over (fat arms , legs, bum etc...) she is more apple shaped and just puts weight on around the middle and somehow keeps her skinny arms and legs. Still drives me up the wall though!!

I'm 5'2 - 5'3 and weigh 14 st 5 and a half.

4 weeks ago I was 15 st 3 and had many size 18's that didn't fit in my wardrobe. Now they're starting to feel more comfortable.

I am a fat hourglass shape, big bust and hips/bum. Whatever weight I've been, I've often managed to wear a size smaller than the shops size guide measurement - quite often because of the cut of clothes I wear. Also underneath this chunk I've short waist and small shoulders which all add up to the technical size 20 I am drowning me!

Today I'm wearing a size 16 dress - it fits but it's not really that flattering! Lol!

Back