STS Support Group

after 4 days sts , finally lost a lb
I think this will be a pattern for me now 3 or 4 days sts then drop 1lb , i can live with that
the last 2 days Ive had 5 items too instead of 4 ...naughty !!

Good news Phoenix! I could live with STS if I knew I'd lose a whole lb every 3 days I think. Make sure that the 5 packs don't push you out of ketosis tho!

That's brilliant!!!!

Yay, well done Lucy, it was worth hanging in there for. I was STS this am but as it's TOTM I'm not surprised.

I've been STS for the last 2 days so have only lost 1lb this week so far. Not looking good for this week but I'll keep my fingers crossed that I can drop a whole pound when the scales do move like I did last time.

That's a shame - I wish we could all become once a week weighers and limit the STS pains. I started off once a week....but quickly got drawn into the daily weighers club ;) Keep drinking water and maybe do a little walking if the weather's nice up there; sometimes one or the other kicks things into gear. I'm the same weight as yesterday which is pretty pleasing after the toast incident. Things are coming off relatively slowly in general for me - at 11st 9.2 I have quite a way to go still... but I know that trying to lose weight on steroids without Slim and Save would be much slower still.

Yeah, I'm sticking with it despite some relatively slow periods as I know that the alternative is that I stay as I am or get heavier and I don't want that. It is nice here today actually. Beach walk later I think.

Toast incident !!!! did I miss something lol

well after my blow out on wednesday i am back to my last weigh in weight , actually i was yesterday so ive sts 2 days now , weigh in day is wednesday , really hoping i can at least drop 2lb this week..... at least i wont then feel like i did too much damage

havnt found it too hard to get back on plan , normally i would have given up at that point but im more determined than ive ever been to lose weight , ive been hating my extra 3 or 4 stone for 10 years now but can actually envisage not having it for the first time

I think I had resigned myself to the fact that ill always be plump but then i look at my family and my mum is tiny at about 7 and a half stone , my dad has just lost 4 stone to have a new knee and is still going and my brother has never really had a weight problem , so if they can all do it then so can i

my 20 yr old son is going into the army and so will be super fit , and i have a 5 year old who i want to be a good role model to

more than anything though and all these reasons i have to lose the weight is how it will improve my life , im so self concious of it , i cant wear the clothes i want to wear , i turn down offers of nights out because i feel embarrassed , old and frumpy

in my head im 20 , then i look in the mirror and just feel old and as if life is passing me by
I had my second son at 36 and I want to be around for him and healthy

I want to have a holiday in the sun and walk on the beach in a bikini , I want to teach my son to swim but wont because of my weight , Ive been single for 3 years and feel that I might be ready to start dating again soon , but my weight holds me back

I need to read this back when i feel like im going to give in and remind myself of all the reasons why the weight just has to go its really not worth the immediate satisfaction that eating the junk gives me , the feeling of getting my body back is way more rewarding

sorry for dumping all my thoughts here , it just spilled out:)

its so good to have a place where i can say anything and you understand what im saying , family and friends just dont understand , or are scared you will change or make yourself ill or make them look bad , they judge me and try to put me off

i think i would give up without this forum :D:thankyou:

Yeah Phoenix it's good to write down all the positive reasons for doing this so that you can reread it when you're having a bad day or feel like quitting. We're all doing this for similar reasons; to be healthy, to feel better about ourselves and to be able to do the things we're too self conscious to do while carrying excess weight. When I lost all my weight the last time I booked a holiday to the Caribbean and bought a whole wardrobe of clothes including bikinis, and felt fantastic. Those bikinis are still sitting in a drawer upstairs and one day I dream of wearing them again, and that might even be next year now! So even if I do only lose 1lb this week it will still be 1lb closer to getting into those holiday clothes. Mind you, if I do get down to my dream weight this time I will probably need to treat myself to a whole new wardrobe of clothes :).

And Lucy's 'toast incident' was pretty tame compared to any 'toast incident' I was likely to have been involved in :). She had a single slice instead of a bar! :D Toastgate it was not! ;)

I like the whole, why are we loosing weight, what motivates us to carry on? Mine is to look better in clothes and to be able to buy nice clothes again and for my son to look back at photos of us together and think Mum looked good :) I look back at the ones of my mum when she was younger and always think she looks really pretty. I know at my heaviest I don't look the best I possibly can. I have been there and I looked good and I want to get back to looking good again.

Plus sized clothes are awful... I mean really?? Who designs them...!! lets all just put on a big massive polyester shapeless top cause we are overweight and dont deserve to look good ;) Every time I see them/try them on I always think I could design better clothes than them...! Plus size clothes should just be bigger clothes of their normal range (refering mainly to new look) looking forward to being able to fit into jeans in a normal size again! I have a big bum and hips! Extra big from baby, not sure why just seemed to go on there :)

Last edited:
Yeah, know what you mean about plus size clothes Suze. My shopping trips used to go like this. Enter shop, look at racks of reasonably nice clothes, reach to the back to see what size they go up to, realise that they don't do it as big as I need and move on. Repeat steps 2 - 4 a few times and find nothing before looking for the plus sized racks and heading there. Once there find about half a dozen different items covering the entire plus sized range. Look for the item that looks the least crap, find size quickly and walk to till ensuring that size label is under cover and no one can see. And no way would I subject myself to the dressing rooms full of skinny people, so try item on in comfort of my own home, decide whether I hate it too much to wear (I can't honestly say I felt good in any clothes at my biggest) and keep or return as appropriate. Although I've still got quite a way to go I am starting to feel better about the clothes that I'm wearing and am in size 16-18 now (having started at 22-24) and am starting to feel a bit more normal. I don't want to be skinny - a size 14 will do me.

In the end I took to shopping on line so I didn't have to face trawling round shops skulking round the plus size rails.

As it happens I've just been up to do a bit of a sort out of my clothes as I try to do every couple of weeks or so especially when I'm having a sloooow time. My comfortable, baggy, wear round the house joggers are all now too big to wear as they're miles too loose even being tied tightly round the waist. All now in bags ready to be charity shopped. 2 shirts that were a bit too tight on the boobs 3 weeks ago when I last did this now fit and are ready to wear to work. And I tried on the just too small clothes I bought 3 weeks ago to be an incentive to fit in them by Xmas and they either fit or are too big :eek:. So the new coat that now hangs off my shoulders, 1 pair of jeans that are too big on the waist, and a top that now fits but I don't like are ready to go back. That means keeping a pair of jeans and 3 tops that fit me now - maybe I shouldn't as in *theory* they will be too big soon (fingers firmly crossed!). Oh sod it, they were in the sale :D

im not buying any clothes as i have enough 14s and 12 in the wardrode to keep me going until goal i reckon , im quite glad now that i kept alot of things that i considered giving away at some time or other

tried my size 14 jeans on again today and im sure they went on even easier than last week , they are stretch jeans though and id want to lose another half a stone i think before i felt i could comfortably spend a day in them , but i certainly feel like im getting somewhere

when i do reach goal , and i havnt decided what that willbe yet , i think a huge shopping trip might be in order , ive always wanted to invest in a capsule wardrobe that they go on about but never wanted to invest too much money in good quality clothes with my waist size going up and down

Talking of goal weight , Im wondering if it makes sense to aim for a slightly lower goal than the weight you intend to maintain as im sure once i start refeeding there will inevitably be a small gain of maybe 7lb? what do you think

Talking of goal weight , Im wondering if it makes sense to aim for a slightly lower goal than the weight you intend to maintain as im sure once i start refeeding there will inevitably be a small gain of maybe 7lb? what do you think

I've got quite a lot of clothes in the sizes down to goal too but I decided that I didn't like a lot of them now and a few treats along the way keeps me motivated. Not spending a lot though, and only buying things on sale. Just ordered some more actually to replace the things that are going back :D

Yeah, I was thinking exactly that re the goal weight to be honest Phoenix. We all know what happens when we come out of ketosis and our glycogen stores fill up and I don't think that many of us will never want to eat carbs again so I think it makes sense to aim for half a stone lower than you want to go in the knowledge that introducing carbs will increase the weight. My goal weight is where I want to stay, not where I want to get to for 5 seconds before I eat a slice of bread :). I think (but I'm no expert) that this is why they suggest careful refeeding where you start introducing carbs gradually until you get to a stable weight. When I did refeeding before I just did my own thing which worked for a while until it all went tits up! I'm sure other people on here who have done an established VLCD before will know a lot more about refeeding than that! I don't know how long S&S has been around but I'm guessing that if it's relatively new they might not have much experience of people who have reached goal.

Rob from s and s tells me that they are going to be adding a refeeding section as well as a support forum , so i await this to see what the suggestions are

it fills me with horror actually as I have no experience of this

Obviously i dont just want to return to my old eating patterns , which really had no pattern at all to be honest

I was thinking I might aim for 9 stone with a view to settling and maintaining at 9 and a half once ive established eating again , then have a safety valve of 10 stone which i absolutely dont ever want to go over (that would be for holidays , xmas etc ) and if that happens i will be having a word with myself and immediately doing something to return to 9 and a half ,

ive felt fairly happy in the past being somewhere between 9 and 10 , I think to aim for a specific weight and then expect to always be that weight is going to be unrealistic , my weight always fluctuates a bit anyway , generally im heavier in the winter than the summer

mind you according to most websites my ideal weight for my height generally ranges from 7 stone 2 up to about 8 and a half , honestly what crap , no wonder young girls get eating disorders when they are being told such rubbish

Well I'm going to be overweight when I get to goal but I don't care. I'm in my 40s, not 20s, and whereas I was below 9 stone when I was in my early / mid 20s I know that 11 and a half stone is a much more realistic target for me now. I think I'm supposed to be 10st 9 to be 'normal' but a. I don't think I'd make it that low, and b. I absolutely know that I couldn't maintain from there. I'm planning to do more or less the same as you. I'm going to try to aim for 11 but with 11 and a half as my goal maintenance weight, and have 12 as my absolutely top top top weight before I do something about it.

Wow, it's been busy here today! Yes, my toast incident wasn't too bad - although I'm finding the idea of Toastgate hilarious! :) This forum really is a great support network, and it's also very reassuring seeing my thoughts and feelings reflected in others. Although all this talk of bikinis has me looking at my thighs and cringing! ;) I think what I miss most about being slim is being able to pick anything off the rails and look good in it - when you're slimmer it's a question of whether you look good enough in it to want to buy it. However, when you're fatter you spend all your time thinking that skirt will show off my fat knees or that dress will emphasise my extra pounds - and then either not trying it on at all or trying it on and feeling like crying when you look in the changing room mirrors (especially multi-angle ones!). Even looking at things on the hanger - at an 8-10 the items always looked lovely, but when you paw back through to the larger sizes it's often been enlarged oddly and doesn't look nearly so good.

I've suddenly dropped a lot of inches over the past few days and I'm currently hovering around the size 12 mark now (which is a surprise as I thought I'd definately still be at a 14 in the 11 stone range), and I'd really really like to be a 10 by the New Year sales ;) Definately need to introduce some toning exercise! I'm an avid shopper, but I've been holding off until I get nearer my goal size and just shopping in my closet instead. I've got to admit I'm still reluctant to shop at a size 12 since my aim is an 8 (or 10 in tight tops!) and I don't want to spend too much only to have to put them aside very soon. I have lots of beautiful, timeless and expensive clothing in 8s and 10s so would be VERY happy to get back there. There's this gorgeous silver cocktail dress from Azzaro that I got as a gift just before I got ill and my weight went psycho - it's all shimmering scales and mermaid-like... and it's still even got the tags! There's even a few bits that I bought in a 10 after I reached a size 12 and was in denial.

It's funny, when I started gaining weight I felt really ugly and as if I didn't deserve to wear nice clothes because I hated my body. As I went up past 12, 14 - eventually to my largest - 16 in tops and 14 in bottoms, it just got worse. Now I'm on my way down again, I'm suddenly appreciating all the mid-sizes like 12... and I realise I don't actually look so bad!

Hey Lucy, when you get to goal you'll have to post a photo of you in that Azzaro dress. I bet you'll look stunning xx

Hey Lucy I can relate to what you were saying there - stay focused and there's no reason why we can't be where we wanna be and wear all the clothes we own!! I also wanna be a size 8-10 and lots of my wardrobe will then fit!! I just ordered a kettlebell - google kettlebell before and after and press images on google and you can see its effectiveness at sculpting the body. Plus you only need to use it about 3hours a week :)

I binged yesterday after 30 days being a good girl. :-( feel shitty as its like it's still in me to do that. Hard to break habits like that I guess. Wierdly I had like 13 packs lol and then cheese with tomatoes, 2 bowls of veg, half a slice of lamb, an apple and skimmed milk in my tea. Coulda been worse I guess. Feel so thirsty n pissed off wit myself. I think it's important to ask myself why. And I think the reason was just boredom and loneliness.

Anyway back on track x

I'm a regular in this group now. STS again this am :(. Stuck dead on 200lbs and bored with it now!

13 packs Lara! I don't think I could even envisage 13 packs. I struggle with 3 sometimes.

Back