STS Support Group

I used suppositories when I was pregnant and had such bad constipation my partner actually took me to A and E because i thought I was in early labour it was so painful , how embarrassing , anyway they gave me piles which luckily went away after the birth but the memory of that means there aint nothing going up my bum lol

last week after not going for 10 days I was taking 2 senna per day for about 5 days with not much happening , then I added in 8 spoons of lactulose as well, which gives me awful stomach pains after Ive taken it , and I have been going a bit the last couple of days but I still feel bunged up , I really dont know what the answer is , Im having my veg everyday and 4 meals , not shakes so I thought that might help

Im not really sure how long it is safe to take lactulose , I read somewhere that you adjust it daily so that you achieve 2 to 3 soft stools per day (sorry for the word "achieve" and for the gory detail)

I might try 6 spoons today but spread it out rather than having it all in one go perhaps that will ease the stomach pains , maybe 2 with each meal so that my system is getting a steady supply rather than a big whammy

Who knew I could talk so much about poo !!

I'm suprised - since most OTC suppositories are intended for relief of piles too! I don't think on the amount we're eating that most of us will 'achieve' that many bowel movements anyway, lactulose or not. However, I think your idea of spreading it out is a good idea in regards to minimising side effects. I expect you're somewhat 'backed up' and once that's sorted out if you take a little lactulose every day you'll just keep things ticking over. I suffer from chronic diarrhea and I'm quite appreciating having less in my system in regards to frequency ;)

I know we don't 'go' as often on this diet but I do feel like I'm bunged up a lot and then struggle to go when I know I need to. What I'd give for a dose of your problem Lucy just for 24 hours! ;)

I sts today again booo ive only got 1.5lbs to loose to get to the 14's come on im being really good too! No extras eg veg coke zero etc not cheated for 7days. Going back to the gym today, hopefully that helps and i dont faint :)

Don't worry all you STS-ers - this morning I am 11 7.8 lbs, things do get moving again! But don't kick me out just yet,I'm starting an extra new med today infamous for it's water retaining side effects ;)

After seeing everyone STS today I'm starting to feel quite grateful for a 0.8lb loss in 4 days! Someone please kick me the next time I say I'm having a good week and should get a good loss because every time I say that I end up back in the STS club for days.

Midnight-Sparkles said:
Sorry to hear this hon. I hope things start to move for you soon and that you have a tremendous loss at the end of your plateau :D

Thanks Midnight-Sparkles (love the name, love the avatar!)

I must confess it is more to do with me being a greedy guts than an actual
Plateau lol

So I managed to 'go' :eek: tonight and feel a lot less bloated! :). Hoping that this will help me lose a bit extra by WI tomorrow am!

Fab, well done midnight. I also lost a bit more this am so weighed in -2.6lbs for the week so not that far away from my 3lb a week target. Phoenix, how about you?

Well done everyone !!

Aw thanks for asking , but a big fat zero for me today , so thats 7 days sts , I really dont know whats going on , im being good im having 4 packs plus my veg allowance

I must be losing fat , its not possible to eat 700 cals per day and not burn more than you eat so im going to keep that in mind and assume there is something else going on

I feel thinner and I look better in the mirror so the scales will catch up with me sooner or later THEY WILL NOT DEFEAT ME ha ha (feels like crying )

:( Phoenix. I know what a crap loss feels like as I only lost 0.5lb one week and I'd been 100%. Hopefully it's just water retention that may have been impacted by your slight blip earlier this week and you will show a good loss soon. You're right, you cannot fail to lose weight when we're only eating such a low number of calories per day. Maybe it's that 'fat cells have memory' thing where they apparently fill with water until they give in and you get a good loss. Fingers crossed anyway, and try not to let it get you down.

I put on 0.4lbs today! Flippin eck I only had the veggies yesterday on top of my normal packs. Hoping it's just water retention. Anyway I'm glad it happened today and not at WI yesterday. No veggies today - see if I can lose it again. Gonna try not to have the veggies more than a couple of time a week as although the calories are low they do seem to affect my losses for some reason and I still need to lose 10lbs before my Xmas break.

Probably just water retention - veggies are hardly naughty food ;) I'm STS as I've been for a day or two now, but I'm going to go for a loooong walk today and hopefully burn off a little bit extra!

Well after 7 whole days sts i finally lost 2lb this morning :D

My weight loss does seem to be like this, so I just have to learn to be patient , I think this is why I have given up on diets before , I get very impatient and demotivated when Ive been "good" for days on end with nothing to show for it

Its weird that at 41 im just now starting to get to know how my body works , Im just glad that I stayed motivated this week and hopefully ill be reporting a good loss next wednesday

thanks for all the support :)

Yay, that's great phoenix! 2lbs over night is A Maze Ing! I had a 1.6 once - that felt pretty good.

I know veggies aren't that bad but I do seem to do better when I don't have them. Didn't have them on Mon or Tues and then I lost 0.8lbs each day prior to WI. Had them last night because WI is a whole week away ;) and put on 0.4!

Oooo just realised my BMI is now 29.7 so for the first time in years Im not obese:clap:

just overweight , now rushing off to calculate how much more i have to lose to be normal :rolleyes:

Back