STS Support Group

Getting back on track is the key! Plus there's a lot worse things than mealpacks. Interesting to hear about the kettlebells - I've been thinking about trying that myself. Amazing before and after pictures! Are you planning on taking classes or using a DVD etc? I was thinking about alternating kettlebell exercises one day and my callanetics the next - but not sure whether I should start off taking classes so I don't do myself an injury with a kettlebell ;)

Insane I kno lol!!!!! 4 were bars. And 2 porridges. Feel so sick today but gonna go gym later to try get into ketosis quicker. I can binge on anything I really can lol

Xx

LucySera said:
Getting back on track is the key! Plus there's a lot worse things than mealpacks. Interesting to hear about the kettlebells - I've been thinking about trying that myself. Amazing before and after pictures! Are you planning on taking classes or using a DVD etc? I was thinking about alternating kettlebell exercises one day and my callanetics the next - but not sure whether I should start off taking classes so I don't do myself an injury with a kettlebell ;)

Yea I guess I coulda had junk food which I didn't!

I'm going to use DVDs I got a few lined up will let u kno if they r good as I hav no idea at the moment! But yea results look great don't they! The DVD is supposed to tell u exactly how to do it- what's Callanetics?

me too sts since last wednesday , that will teach me to go off plan , surely though Ive been good for most of the time i would have thought the scales would have moved a little bit

Well they'd better damn well move before Wed or it'll be my worst loss in ages. Of course that will teach me to revise my Nov challenge target because I was doing better than expected! Grrr! :mad:

I'm going to have to join this club although I am not quite sts. I have been 100% for the last 5 weeks and yet ever since my weigh in last wednesday those evil scales have been steadily going up :mad: As of yesterday I was 2lbs up from weigh in and its not even totm. They did come down a little bit today, but I am still higher than I was at weigh day so can't really see myself having a massive weight loss between now and Wednesday. Grrrrrrr :mad:

Blimey whats going on , us wednesday weighers are having an awful week , not sure what i can do between now and then other than what im doing now, so will just keep ploughing on and hope for the best
I hope this means that next week will be a good loss , im desperate to get into the 10s now , that will really make me feel like im getting somewhere
I seem to sts for ages then drop 3 lb in 3 days , really weird , I need that drop soon Grrrrr
Im joining the Grrrr club:mad::D

I'm so desperate I'm even considering colonic irrigation ;) although I'm not sure sure I fancy having a tube shoved up my arse! :D

4 Bars haha and 2 porridges, well I certainly wouldnt have picked that to binge on! It wil slow down your loses but keep going, you will recover!

I stayed the same today. I had a bar, soup and a shake yesterday and the scales stayed the same I am on this for another 12 days then I am taking a 4 days break for my bday so going for broke as in not having any veg and staying off the meals, I feel the liquid diet works better, well cept the bar, got to have some luxury's haha

I'm so upset! tomorrow is the end of week 5 and the scales are still not moving. The worst thing is I am so close to breaking into the 16's as well as losing my first stone (only 1lb away) and yet my body is toying with me. I have been 100% since day 1 and yet it's still not enough *sigh* The last time I attempted a VLCD the scales did this to me for 3 long weeks and in the end I couldn't stay motivated and quit. I hope this isn't the same pattern emerging :cry:

Hey Midnight, don't give up! The scales absolutely have to move at some point. I was in a similar position in weeks 4 thru 6 but things did pick up. If I had given up then I would only have lost just over a stone whereas I've lost over 3 now. Mind you, I haven't weighed myself yet today so may feel less than positive once I have! ;)

Thanks bordersgirl. Its only been six days so I'm not looking to give up just yet. lol I proimised myself that no matter how much the scales mocked me I would not quit and that I would ride out any plateaus and see what happens. As it is I just measured myself and my waist is half an inch smaller than last week and my bust is also half an inch down so I must have lost something. I think I'm just constipated. Come Friday night I am going to take some dulcolax and see if that makes a difference. :D

I'll keep my fingers crossed for you in the hopes that your scales move in the right direction today. Good luck :fingerscrossed:

Snap , 6 days and no change , yes I had a little bump in the road last wednesday but even so , ive been 100% otherwise
so looks like i will have lost a big fat zero this week

can someone tell me why !!! is it just water ? Im a bit constipated too , Ive been taking lactulose every day to help and I have started to go but it never feels like enough if you get what I mean

on a more positive note , my neihbour noticed Id lost weight yesterday and my clothes do continue to feel loser, but i just want to see the damn scales move !

Ooo Phoenix that's great when people notice - make sure you notice a d really take it in and praise yourself for you achievement.s. I find not doing this made me slip up!

Midnight sparkles I like your approach - its true if we go in with a f the scales attitude (to put it another way!) and stick to are fool proof plan, they will catch up - its a scientific fact!

Have a good day all x

It does sound like you're a bit blocked if you dont feel like you've completely emptied after going to the loo. Maybe try a different laxative if the one you're using isn't working too well. I can never understand how the body works when it comes to losing weight. There are so many reasons why we gain or STS. Water retention, constipation, muscle gain, etc... :confused: The mind boggles lol. Hopefully its just our bodies adjusting to the diet and things will start moving again in the not so distant future :rolleyes:

Snap , 6 days and no change , yes I had a little bump in the road last wednesday but even so , ive been 100% otherwise
so looks like i will have lost a big fat zero this week

can someone tell me why !!! is it just water ? Im a bit constipated too , Ive been taking lactulose every day to help and I have started to go but it never feels like enough if you get what I mean

on a more positive note , my neihbour noticed Id lost weight yesterday and my clothes do continue to feel loser, but i just want to see the damn scales move !

So I finally managed a little loss this am of 0.8lbs. Not a huge amount but better than nothing and I've reached my next goal of being under 200lbs. 199.2lbs to be exact. Keeping my fingers crossed for a small loss tomorrow to take me over 2lbs for the week.

I get horribly constipated on this diet and would love to be able to 'go' more often. I always get a good loss when I've managed to go :). Any good laxative recommendations? I take Dulcoease at the moment plus senna every few days but I don't think the Dulcoease does much to be honest.

Well done on losing, Borders. I've heard glycerin suppositories are very good for relieving constipation - maybe worth giving them a try?

Back