STS Support Group

If it's on your stomach then it surely must be water retention, either that or bloated through being a bit constipated? Female stomachs are strange and complex things. :) Too many hormones for our own good! My stomach is mostly what I look in horror at too. When I squeeze the roll of fat round my stomach I can feel horrible fat under the surface. I keep hoping that will start to shrink soon but no sign as yet! More positive news is that my collar bone stands out and is, well bony! :). Doesn't sound like much but it's pretty much the only main bone I can feel much difference in and I've got a fair bit to go before my hip bones start to uncover themselves.

Good news on the clothes! That's always what I try and focus on when I'm having a crap time. Back at work on Monday after a week off and I'm hoping that my work trousers feel looser as I won't have worn them for 10 days.

Just focus on what happened to me and eventually my losses picked up big time. By the time your scales start moving I'll no doubt be back in the STS club :)

Aha! A 1lb loss this morning - can I hear a hallelujah? :D Down into the 11 stone somethings now which is excellent. I'm hoping for a really good loss in the next 7 days to be make up for the past 7 days of STS - but...honestly...I'd settle for 2-3lbs! Not doing anything different, so I guess it's just the natural flow of things.

I want to get down to 9 stone (giving me a little to play with in regards to weight going up and down depending on health) - so just under 3 stone to go. Eyes on the prize ;)

Yay, well done Lucy! Scales are moving so consider yourself kicked out of your own club :). I've got 3 stone to go too. Won't take me down into a really low weight but it's where I think I might have a shot at maintaining. I'd decide how I feel when I get there because I haven't been that weight for like 6 years so can't remember what it feels like.

Maybe I'm a member on sabbatical? ;) I haven't been losing a stone a month so far really so I fully expect a combination of good weeks, slow weeks and STS weeks before I hit goal. Previously I was at the low end of normal (and for a while very underweight when I got ill) but I'd prefer to be more mid-range normal with a little breathing room either way. So 9 stone it is, but if I like myself at a little higher I wouldn't mind sticking there either. I'm 5' 7" but quite small boned, so it really depends :) I imagine toning will also play a part as we approach our goal weights.

Well done Lucy , feels good doesnt it

finally I can report a loss , after the scales only budging half a lb since last sunday , a much needed 2lb loss this morning , I really dont know how I didnt throw the towel in over this (i normally would have )
but i didnt so im really pleased with that

I think its becasue Im finding it relatively easy , yes i have my weak moments but now im on the meal packs its so much better and it obviously still works , all be it a bit more slowly , but thats ok

Im now 11.6 which I havent been in years as far as i know and thats 18lb down since i started , I want to get down to somewhere between 9 and 10 stone , Ill decide when I get there where I should be

im only 5ft 1 and I think Im quite broad , i have large boobs to , and if I go by what they say my ideal weight is (as low as 7st 2 depending on where you look ) I would not only look ridiculous but would find it impossible to maintain

I was 8st 2 once , going through a very traumatic time in my life and I looked awful , it doesnt suit me

From vague memory I was happy enough for many years at 10st 2 , but I know I felt really good at 9st 2 so Im going to aim for 9st 2 with a view to never going above 10st , that will be the point at which I take things in hand again , rather than letting it creep up to 13

Anyway , thats the plan and for the first time it truly feels acheivable, partly due to the support of you lovely ladies :)

That's fab Phoenix! Hopefully the start of a downward trend for you. You see if you hang in there long enough the body does eventually give in - it's battle of the wills, and us giving up just gives in to the other side :). So the curse of the 11 8 is also behind you.

I think that those of us who have done a shake only diet really understands what tough feels like and like you I'm finding this diet relatively easy in comparison. Yes it's taking me longer than when I did the shake only diet but I think largely that was because I missed so many of the shakes because I couldn't stomach them. Quite apart from missing packs not being at all good for you I know I couldn't go back to shakes only. Now if I don't fancy a shake I don't have to have one as there's lots of choice.

I'm almost in the STS club this morning - only down 0.2lbs today which is what I was averaging per day during my really crap weeks. I did celebrate my 3 stone off with vegetables yesterday though :). I have lost nearly 3lbs so far this week with 3 days to go so I'm still hopeful for a more than 3lb loss and I'll settle for that.

No loss today, but I don't expect to lose 1lb a day (although I wouldn't complain..)! I've been craving a vegetable stir-fry with tofu and rice today - I suppose it's better than craving fried chicken or the like ;) Going to have a vegetable soup mealpack instead though and see if it hits that savoury craving.

Aaaaaaand another STS day. It's practically chronic at this stage :( I'm incredibly busy with research proposals at the moment - aka stressed, and I'm wondering if that's causing my weight plateau. Probably grasping at straws here since I'm not eating any extra, which is usually the reason for stress weight gain - but maybe I'll blame it on cortisol ;)

Lucy, I'm in your club as of today - well actually a 0.2lb gain from yesterday but still thankfully at 3 stone lost. I feel a bit bloated today so hope that it's to do with that. I'm ok about the small gain today as I've been on a downward tend for the last 10 days or so, but I absolutely understand how gutting it is to STS for days and days. Things will start to move - just be patient :)

yes I sts today although after a 2lb drop I can hardly claim to be back in the club ....yet!!

Lucy Not sure stress can cause weight gain or sts , if anything , stress causes weight loss , so I would say its water lol the answer to every sts or weight gain it seems is water

stick with it

Hey, I'd settle for a few days of STS if I could drop 2lbs in one go. 2 drops like that and I'd be 4lbs down on the week. Well I can but dream :).

In better news my work trousers were decidedly loose this morning (haven't worn them for 10 days) and I was told I looked slimmer by some of the people from work. Funnily enough when I did a VLCD last time I wrote that people noticed when I hit 3 stone off and it appears to be the same this time.

sts again today , I reckon ill lose about 1lb every 3 days

According to my calculations and something I read somewhere about 3000 calories being equivalent to 1lb

For my weight I need about 1700 calories per day and Im consuming about 700 , which is a daily deficit of about 1000 cals

Hence 3 days equals 3000cals equals 1lb

On a different matter I went to the doctor this morning as ive been suffering heart palpitations, tinnitus and vertigo, my blood pressure is fine but ive got to go back at 2 for an ecg and blood tests , sorry to post it here , but im actually a bit worried now , i thought the doctor would shoo me away and tell me i drink too much coffee but he seemed concerned and immediatly ordered all these tests ooerr!!

Anyone else suffer palpitations on this diet

I lost the 0.2lb I gained yesterday so pretty much STS for 2 days. WI tomorrow.

Sorry to hear you're not feeling well Phoenix. I don't have any experience of that I'm afraid, if anything I feel far healthier on this diet than before. Hope it goes well with your tests.

How do you work out the calories you need for your weight? If I need 1700 like you (but I'm heavier) then consuming 500 calories a day leaves me with a deficit of 1200 which is 8400 in a week, or 2.8lbs which spookily is exactly what I've lost this week so far!

I dont know your age but it works out to 1985 per day for your weight and height

So if you consumed 500 cals per day thats a deficit of 1485 per day or 10395 per week which is a loss of 3.4 lb per week

just remember as your weight goes down your calorific needs goes down too

Ohh gosh - I hope you're okay Phoenix! I do get tinnitus from time to time, but always have and can't say I've had more of it whilst on Slim and Save. As for my blood tests, well I have to get them once (sometimes twice) a week and the results are pretty much the same as they usually are. My level of inflammatory markers is a little lower which is a good thing for me, and from previous experience that is the result of a primarily liquid diet not taxing the gastrointestinal system.

I think the palpitations and tinnitus are 2 seperate issues as they are only really linked in the case of high blood pressure and that was normal so it remains a mystery , perhaps the blood tests will show something up, time will tell I guess:confused:

Thanks Phoenix - it comes out at about 3.25 pounds. I'd be happy with that but as I get lighter I suppose that might decrease.

Dreaded TOTM is on its way so expecting a dead stop for a while as per usual :mad:

Finally managed to 'go' today (first time for 6 days :eek:). Feel a lot less bloated now. Please, please let tomorrow's WI be over 3lbs!!!

Back