Super easy sweet n sour!!

I added more vinegar than the he recipe said, I put about 2tbls in total, and some salt. It really helped with the flavour. I thought it was going to taste of orange but it seemed to all come together at the last minute and the orange taste disappeared leaving sweet and sour. It's a shame you didn't like it but lets be honest, there are plenty of other gorgeous recipes out there and I want to try every one! We can't all like everything :)

We loved it . I boiled the sauce first and added a second Tblsp of vinegar and salt as suggested - very tasty & very clever!!

Kx

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

yum thanks for sharing this recipe x

That's 1 meal sorted for next week ? thank you

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

This looks lovely, trying it tonight :)

One question though, is a whole can for 2 or 4 people?

Really hope it works, the one on the SW website was really tomato-y and the least syns I can find for the jars is 3.5 and it's one of my favs.

Made this tonight for my OH and mum. We all loved it. I added extra vinegar and a little salt as suggested. Served it with SW special fried rice.

image-2557447460.jpg

How do you do this?

Hi peeps
How do you get all your information in the lower portion of your postings...like this from Kwise1 dated 2 weeks ago on this page (hope you dont mind K)

02/10/11 - 2lb gain (BMI = 26)
09/10/11 - 1lb gain (BMI = 26.1)
16/10/11 - 2lb loss (BMI = 25.8)

Go to user cp at the top and then edit signature down the side

Here is my version of it..................

Pete’s super easy sweet & sour

Serves 4

Ingredients

400g Tin of chopped tomatoes
Tbsp. of vinegar
330g/1 can of Fanta ZERO
1/2 pepper, chopped
1 onion, chopped
1 carrot, chopped
227g tin of Pineapple, chopped

Method

Chop the onion, pepper, carrot & pineapple as small as possible.

Add ingredients to a saucepan and simmer until thickened and hot.

Serve on a bed of rice with stir-fry pork or chicken.

PorkSweetSourSmall.jpg

I made a curry in the slow cooker last week , I made sure that the stock was over the ingredients, set it to "low" and went shopping, when I got back 1hr later all the stock had gone and I just caught it! the reason was that I had added the rice to the cooker and all the stock was absorbed by the rice, so to be safe don't add the rice unless you are at home to watch it!If you make a curry without rice in the slow cooker you will be ok! Just add it when you plate up...

bilsat said:
Here is my version of it..................

Pete’s super easy sweet & sour

Serves 4

Ingredients

400g Tin of chopped tomatoes
Tbsp. of vinegar
330g/1 can of Fanta ZERO
1/2 pepper, chopped
1 onion, chopped
1 carrot, chopped
227g tin of Pineapple, chopped

Method

Chop the onion, pepper, carrot & pineapple as small as possible.

Add ingredients to a saucepan and simmer until thickened and hot.

Serve on a bed of rice with stir-fry pork or chicken.

Same as me :) love it

Thanks a million for posting this. I made it for dinner and really enjoyed. I had to substitute the fanta zero for diet club orange which I think is sweeter than fanta so I added more vinegar to balance it out. It was lovely. I would never ever have thought of this recipe in a million years, fair play to you.

Back