Susie and Orbit's daily dribble

Hello lovelies

The chest infection has gone, happily, but I am constantly knackered and have put on more weight, leading to more puffing etc as I walk, aching knees and an overall sense of feeling cr*p. My sick friend is really sick and my boss is fine one day, then a bas**rd the next and I need to be mentally better equipped to deal with it all - SOOOO it's time to climb back on the wagon.

Anyhoo I went to see my new (slim, my heart sank) GP last week - but blow me down with a feather, she recommended....wait for it.....low carb!

She says she's 100% behind it, studies show it's much more effective for morbidly obese and keeping the weight off, etc, so I'm going back the week after next to get my proper check up - and hopefully you guys will keep me on the straight and narrow when I get the bread wobbles!

It might seem crazy starting just 5 weeks out from Christmas, but you know what it's like - when your head gets in the right place, you've just got to go with it. I'm starting properly on Monday so I can get cooking over the weekend. Anyway I'm back now, and looking forward to hearing how you all are xxx

Hi Susie, nice to see you back! So sorry to hear about your friend such a difficult time for you but at least your chest infection is gone and you'll be better able to deal with all the crap going on.

It's not crazy to start 5 weeks before Christmas! Anytime is the right time and good your doctor is supportive. I may do a lower carb too. Just to shift the few pounds I want to. I've been overdoing most food these days. x

Ho, hey Susie, many congratulations on having such a switched on doctor!!!!! How fantastic is THAT! I am sure all will go well, especially with her behind you :) xXx

I may do a lower carb too.

I've bought this Val - http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/0091954681?psc=1&redirect=true&ref_=oh_aui_detailpage_o04_s00 - it piqued my curiosity, so will report back.

Re low carb, I think I have to accept that bread will need to feature somehow - bread craving is what trips me up every time - so a visit to the LCM for some tortillas and rolls might be in order :) And at least you can get LivLife from Waitrose now.

And hello Lynn, lovely to see you! xxx

That looks great Susie and the ideal diet! Two days low carb and other days more carbs. Maybe similar to carb cycling? That way you could have your bread yay. For myself if I can't have something I'm good for about 3 weeks and then a spectacular fail.

Thanks Susie, I'm getting it! x

Hello lovelies - I'm finally back after winning the Eat All You Can contest over the last 12 months. Yep I've put more weight on and feel really, really uncomfortable - so, before you see me on TV being airlifted out of my flat, I've decided it's time to bite the bullet and am joining SW on Monday night. A new class has opened up near to me, and red days are very much like low carb, so I'm looking forward to it :)

2014 was a horrible year - five bereavements, the burglaries and upsets at work - but 2015 is going to be amazing - for all of us xxxxxx

YAY!! Good to see you back and feeling so positive. I hope you enjoy SW and see good results. Yes I hope 2015 is a good year in all senses of the word 'good'. xXx

2015 is the year darling. No more upwards on the scales. The only was is down :) x

Yay lovely Susie is back! Glad to see the back of 2014. 2015 is going to be a good one! SW is a good plan and going to a class will keep you motivated. We'll be seeing you in the pages of SW this year! x

LOL ah bless you for having such faith in me Val :).

I am looking forward to it though, I must say, I have been well out of control all year!

Also just about to smoke my last ever cigarette :bliss:

Morning Team Fab

Quiet in here, isn't it? Oh well I'll just prattle away :D

My Give up Smoking app tells me I've been a non smoker for 15 hours (never mind that I was asleep for some of that lol), my cravings level has halved and I've saved £2.49 :D I did do Ok in Jan last year, gave up for a month and fine until my uncle died and then it all unravelled pretty quickly. It's about breaking habits, like the morning ciggy with the cup of tea I've just had :)

And then it's off to SW tomorrow - I am really excited about it!

Have a great day - last day of freedom for me before I go back to work tomorrow!

Hi Susie, happy new year:) well done on smoking and sw - you can do it! Xxx

Thanks lovelies!

I am feeling really good, not even thought about smoking - isn't that strange? But hey long may it stay that way!

And I'm really looking forward to hearing about their new Speed-Protein plan, it's a 2 week booster plan, and sounds a lot like Atkins, from what I've read so far :)

Third piece of good news - the office girls want to help so we're starting a lunchtime walking club tomorrow - even though I can't go very far or very fast at this point, but it can only improve! :D

Morning Susie

Walking club sounds like a good plan. I've got a fit bit flex and it's been complaining all hols because I've barely moved - I think extra walking makes a real difference so go for it:)

Have a great day xx

Hi Susie! Congratulations on giving up smoking, that's so great! And starting off walking slow/not very far is just fine! I bet you will see results with that in no time. I did the Couch to 5K program last year (NOT a runner) and was pretty amazed with the improvements I saw in my stamina and endurance. It kind of proved to me that every little bit helps!

I hope your 2015 is off to a great start. :)

Back