Susie and Orbit's daily dribble

Hope you have a good night's sleep Susie xx

Yep I have been a bit rubbish this week Lainey - can't predict what's going to happen on Tuesday!:eek:

And thanks Di, am ready for bed now! :)

what will be,will be,quite frankly i don't feel any different at
all weight wise. :sigh:

Morning all

Eurrrgh Shell, that must have been delightful (not). Luckily Orbit is very small so think (pray) a rat might be too big for her :)

Busy as usual but am determined to do some jobs, both at home and at work, that have been lying around for a while, then off on the Clipper to north London to meet Dance UK.

Di, will text but do you have time for a coffee and/or dinner?

hay babes how do you make chips ?

This had absolutely nothing to do with anything, but when u said "chips" all I could think of was crisps.

So I'm wondering, has anyone ever made potato crisps before? Would it work using celeriac? No idea how to slice it thinly enough, or how to make them crispy. But I may have to google it, I'm intrigued now!

Sorry about your meeting being cancelled ... If you give me a day's notice I can bring a little bag I'm prepping for you xx

I've celeriac chips saved in my low carb recipes, not sure where I got it from - found from a link on here I think!

"Just peel, cut into slices and either brush with oil and put in the oven for 30-40 minutes or shallow fry. The oven ones are really nice if you grate parmesan on them."

Should just be able to thinly slice using a veg peeler. Spread thinly on baking sheet, spray with fat or drizzle in olly oil, sprinkle salt on n then bake at hotter temp.

Evening all - and thanks for tackling the hard chips/crisps debate in my absence :D

Another day in the madhouse is over, thank goodness, now it's clean up time in my own madhouse! I've been getting ecszema on my arms and (shhh) boobs - so maddeningly itchy! I do have cream for them but think it's my laundry liquid, so am just redoing a load of stuff in Ecover.

Dishes are also done and I'm now cooking for the next few days - eggs and bratwurst for brekkie, salads/wraps for lunch...gosh I cannot wait to get into the new place and get my huge new fridge freezer, so it'll be easier to make a few meals up at once and have more room to freeze things :)

Evening Susie, good to hear the food planning and prep going well.

Ugh on the itching - know how you feel as i'm allergic to everything. Can usually use non bio liquids as they wash out better than the powders - we are currently on Surcare which seems to be ok even on my face (i have to carry pillow cases when i travel :sigh: ).

Love to Orby if not to his meeces!
Xxxx

Thanks babes - she just brought another one in but it was already of the deceased variety, much easier to dispose of...

Got my LCM delivery today, I like the look of the Josephs wraps, they are huge! Can you suggest any low carb options to houmous?

How about mackeral pate - take a smoked mackeral fillet and mush it up with a bit of creme fraiche, splash of lemon and pepper to taste. Stick some cucumber in the wrap as well if you want some crunch (sticks down the middle). Guess you could do tuna too but i think mackeral is mega;)

Back