Susie and Orbit's daily dribble

Afternoon all

Just getting ready to go to the men's table tennis final :D Looks like it will be two Chinese players - but whatever, it will be fast and furious!

Talk later, lovelies xxx

Evening all

What a fab afternoon - some amazing table tennis! China won gold and silver, and Germany bronze - and wow the speeds they play at!

Excel was unbearably hot though - so am glugging down the water.

On the downside I think my oven is broken - possibly fatally! Had sossies in to cook and it suddenly made a very loud clunking noise! I switched it straight off and now I'm terrified to switch it back on again, in case it catches fire!

I just read, Lisa - what a hassle!

I think the oven is kaput but at least it's the landlord's problem, will let him know tomorrow.

Bed now though. Nite all xxx

Morning Susie... hope you get the oven fixed or replaced soon!! Salads and eating round the corner will get very boring ! hope you have a lovely day! x

Morning all - and lol@Di

Up a bit earlier than planned today, my tablet arrived at 7am!! Woohoo - but the present-buying must stop now :D It's charging now so hopefully I'll have a play at lunchtime.

Wfh today, yaye, so will be ploughing through the formatting of the media summary...

Too scared to turn the oven back on, I'll let the landlord sort it out - and the gas hob still works fine, so am OK in the short term.

Just got to do a little boast - finished the media analytics for last month.

In June we got 118 mentions.

July? 336 - ta da! :D

In other exciting news - NZ just won a heap of rowing medals - UK is 4th in the medal tally and NZ is now 10th. Australia? 17th (hehe) :D

Another interesting fact - NZ holds the record for the most medals won at an Olympics per head of population.

Last edited:
Evening sweeties

Not much happening here - Friday night tellie is a bit of a drag, and I've caught up on emails, so might go to bed with a book soon.

Not great on the tablet front - it won't power up properly, but one of the reasons I bought it from the particular company was all the great customer service reviews - and they were right. I had emails from them really quickly, trying a couple of quick fixes, and when they didn't work, they arranged a swap for Tuesday morning - so I don't even have to go to the post office, just do a swap of old for new with the courier. From my short time with it, I'm really impressed - feels well built, and I know I will have a lot of fun with it.

Nite nite all xxxx

That's great service. I love the tablet. I travel a lot and it's a godsend - especially as you can download the kindle app and save packing lots of heavy books too. I also use the free weight tracker graphs you can download, so I can see all the stats.

I love the tablet. I travel a lot and it's a godsend - especially as you can download the kindle app and save packing lots of heavy books too

Spirit - you are a kindred tecchie spirit (if you'll pardon the awful pun :D) - I can't wait to get going with it - even bought a dinky little keyboard for the long anticipated commute lol. Already have a sony ebook reader and get all sorts of great crime stuff on ebay, but might see if I can download my calibre library onto it and reduce the tecchie kit :D So the next thing will be a dongle so I can get net access - and we're off! Do you use one, Spirit? If so, what's the coverage like?

And morning all others - tecchie or not :)

Well surprise surprise - it's pi**ing it down! Started at 4am and it hasn't stopped. Over it!

I was going to two outdoor parties today - and both have already been cancelled :(

Last edited:
Hey Susie... hope you have fun with the tablet - once they change it for you! Sounds like great customer service. xx

Great news on your media coverage!! That's phenomenal figures there for July! Was talking to a Saatchi guy last night - they are swamped with advertising campaigns around the Olympics!

they are swamped with advertising campaigns around the Olympics!

And don't we know it! Virtually every ad is sports related - and for a big tv watcher like me, it gets really grating...

Just had a lovely meeting with Helen and Frazer, who will be looking after Orbit while I'm away - they are a really super young couple, and we're all happy with the arrangements :D So I can totter off to the Italian and French Rivieras with peace of mind :) Hasn't it come round quick?!

So, another quiet night for HRH and I....

Morning Susie!!!!!! xx

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Morning Jo and everyone else

Am barely conscious this morning - upstairs had a party until I told them to keep it down a bit at 12.30 (bit mean of me but they were sooo loud); but was then kept awake by their very noisy post party s*x until about 4.30am....then I had awful nightmares about being chased by giant spiders - probably because I'd killed a huge spider earlier - the thing was charging me! So it had to go.

And it's raining again. Time for another cup of tea, I think.

Back