Susie and Orbit's daily dribble

Snap Suze I love being decluttered and tidy :)

Makes such a difference eh Vicks!

Well it's a misty old morning here, arrived early for a press launch at the Cutty Sark - hope it's inside because the TV cameras (if they come) won't be able to see a thing otherwise LOL.

Hi gorgeous

Brrrrrrrrr its freezing, hope your not outside for too long x. Hope you have a great day xx.

Oh wow the pic in the fog is beautiful

How's the non smoker today

Hi Susie:) well done get sorted and decluttered. Glad the day went well too:)

Not doing good today - my uncle's condition worsened last night, so I'm afraid I did reach for my usual crutches. I think my mate is right, I need to wait for this situation to resolve before I try again.

Hope you're all having a nice day xxx

Aww honey. Wait till you are ready. I wanted to give up when I was going through a really bad time buteveb the Dr said wait xXxX hugs

Sorry to hear about your uncle. Sending healing thoughts and best wishes. xx

Morning all

Thanks for your thoughts, they are obviously working because Unc has now been stable for 36 hours. Cross fingers he continues to improve!

Not looking forward to WI tomorrow, in fact I might just miss it out altogether :eek:. I've been dithering about with lots of different eating plans over the last year, but my bread addiction has got a bit (read: a lot) out of control (as well as the associated pharfing :eek:) and so I think it's back to low carb for me too.

The only thing that actually worries me is the cost, because I'm earning a lot less than before - is Aldi the answer for meat? The one I've been to in the past didn't seem very cheap to me...

What about a market for the meat? I know you have to buy bigger amounts - 3 for a tenner etc but you could then bag it into cooking size portions and freeze in your fabulous and huge freezer.

Glad Unc is doing better again. I'll keep the positive :vibes:going xx

Oh glad he is stable hun! Ok so a pack of fags is around 8 quid. Two packs of fags = 16. Our local.makro or the like sells a huge pack of fantastic chicken breasts for 14 quid. Must be 14 in there and they are so massive they are a little too mugh for one. I'm sure you have a butchers local that does something like that? Go to Tesco or the like on an evening on way home from work and go to the reduced section and get meat and freeze it. To be honest I hardly buy meat at full price I usually buy from the reduced section. Have gammon pork joints lamb etc etc. Don't do online shopping!!!! You miss out on all the deals too. Iceland is a good place to go too. Dont buy bagged lettuce or prepared veg. Buy iceberg whole etc. Aldi is cheap for veg or lidl if you can. Remember the cheaper cuts are better for Atkins anyway

I almost had to sleep in spare room last night that must have been the reason? :(

Oh golly sounds like the beans were at fault, love :) Vulgarity alert - I was so bloated last weekend, at one point the cat fell off the arm of the sofa :D

Oh glad he is stable hun! Ok so a pack of fags is around 8 quid. Two packs of fags = 16. Our local.makro or the like sells a huge pack of fantastic chicken breasts for 14 quid. Must be 14 in there and they are so massive they are a little too mugh for one. I'm sure you have a butchers local that does something like that? Go to Tesco or the like on an evening on way home from work and go to the reduced section and get meat and freeze it. To be honest I hardly buy meat at full price I usually buy from the reduced section. Have gammon pork joints lamb etc etc. Don't do online shopping!!!! You miss out on all the deals too. Iceland is a good place to go too. Dont buy bagged lettuce or prepared veg. Buy iceberg whole etc. Aldi is cheap for veg or lidl if you can. Remember the cheaper cuts are better for Atkins anyway

All excellent advice, hun. There's a bigger Aldi down the road, I'll go and check it out. Never been to Lidl, is it good too?

I've just checked - Waitrose has those Tyrrells crackling - but they don't say what the carbs are?

Last edited:
Sorry to hear all your news- what a hard time for you :-( let things settle before trying to diet, give up smoking or take over the world!! We all need a crutch now and then! Big hug x x

Back