Susie and Orbit's daily dribble

That looks great - Have you been before?

I did something similar to this in 2004 - 2 days Cairo, Nile cruise then 3 nights in Luxor. I had the most amazing time - would love to go back but hubby won't go - spoilsport! Hey ho I still have the 3000 (yes you read that right) photos that I took while I was there.

I'm very jealous of you going to Alexandria though - i couldn't manage to fit it in so had to make do with the egyptian museum and the pyramids instead. I did go to Abu simbel though - it was a long drive but absolutely spectacular so well worth it.

Bet you can't wait x

3000 pics LOL - JG that's a very good effort! :D

I haven't been before - dreamed of going for years though! And I'm definitely going to Abu Simbel - it looks amazing!!! And I'm going to do the hot air balloon trip (I know there was that awful accident last year - let's cross fingers lightning doesn't strike twice!).

Yeah I know I guess I did get a bit carried away - but it's just so beautiful and there's just so much detail everywhere and paintings and carvings on every surface - it's so hard to know what not to photograph lol

I am sure you will fall in love with the place like I did.

unfortunately I didn't have to guts to do the ballooning - I'm scared of heights - but they do hundreds of balloon flights every week. you can see them all going up every morning at dawn and there's only been one accident so I think the odds are very good. Unfortunately as with most things everybody hears about the one tragedy and not about the thousands of trips that have been taken safely every year!

Wow Suze that sounds brilliant. Abd yes diet is do able. Get some walking in too!!!! XXxX have a lovely evening and have a glass of two of wine for me. X x

Morning all

Sorry not to post sooner but got the sad news that my uncle died yesterday in Singapore - a real shock as we thought he was slowly improving. I'm not going home for the service, the family has plenty of support - instead, will go at Christmas and spend quality time with everyone then - so, another goal for weight loss.

Hope you're having a nice warm weekend xxx

Hi darling I'm so sorry for your loss xxx it's a fair distance to go and going at Xmas means you get to spend more time with everyone too. Big massive hugs xxx

So sorry to hear this Susie xx

So sorry to hear about your uncle Susie. xxx

Hi, so sorry to hear of your sad news ( hugs).

Evening all my lovelies and thanks so much for your posts xxx

It has been a tough few days, tbh, my poor aunt has had a lot to deal with on her own in Singapore, but they've decided he is to be cremated (you have to wait 6 weeks to fly a body back and it's mega £££), she will bring him back and they'll have a service at home. As a family we've agreed there's not much point me going - there's already plenty of support from lots of people - so my brother will record it for me. So, although it has been very sad, at least I'm relieved not to be packing, getting catsitters and flying 10,000 miles.

With time at home and trying to keep my mind busy, I've also been thinking a lot about weight loss. I've had my head in the sand for years about how much I weigh, even though I puff at the slightest effort, clothes don't fit and my knees hurt - well, I suppose this has all made me realise how I REALLY need to pull my finger out! I know me pretty well, I need a big boost to start with (don't we all), so I'm going to try my own low cal version of between 800-1000 cals a day, with one feast day - it's like 5:2 but in reverse. I'll try it for a week or two and see how I get on. I feel I know enough about nutrition to include the important food groups and get all the nutrients I need, I can make all my own stuff, which I prefer, and it avoids all the shakes and bars that I don't think teach good habits (please note that this comment applies just to me, I know others have done really well on those sort of plans and it is not a criticism).

I'm also going to keep it low carb-ish too - so cauli rice and slim pasta will feature heavily, I should imagine :) I'm back at work on Wednesday so will cook up small low cal meals tomorrow and start then. I'll make it a short week and have my feast days on the weekend, and you will of course be the first to hear how it goes!

Have a lovely night, you fab bunch of ladies xxxx

Good for you Suze. Make this the year you lose weight! Am confused with your diet but trust you know what you are doing. Are you coming on mfp? Xxxx

Yes babes, from Wednesday.

I'll up the cals to about 1500 after a week or so (unless I bail on Day 1) which is more sustainable - and I do like cal counting, it offers lots more flexibility.

Hi Susie, I've found your journal, I"m going to have a good read through it. I'm sorry to hear about your family loss. I hope you're ok. It sounds like you have a plan for your weight loss/health plan. I'm starting again too.. and feel motivated to keep my journal going and finally become accountable for everything I put into my mouth! I hope to join you and encourage you on your journey too.

Take care

Louise

Hi Susie,
So sorry to hear about your loss - the world can feel too big at these times! But pleased you're not having to galivant round the world and when you do get home you will have time to spend with family xxxxx
Well done on getting focused and good luck - feeling better as you lose weight does become quite an attractive part of the package:)
Xxxxx

Back