Sybersadie's Diary

Glad your plan is working well :)

I've tried mashed cauliflower as a low carb topping to cottage pie - and it was nice, so I think I'd like the cauli rice too :)

So yesterday's food went well - dry fried cauliflower rice (with extra curry powder kick) and a fried egg was a better success than Tuesday's (all thought that wasn't bad just bland). I stuck well to my plan even though I was working at work rather than home and stuck in meetings all day from 12 til 6. And, as is usual for my office based days I didn't leave until gone 7pm so was eating my egg and rice at 8.30pm.

I am still feeling reasonably ok about adding in the extra food this week. I have it all planned out and I really need to get myself out of ketosis for the weekend so that I can enjoy the family party. It's just that last night I started to feel like I was putting weight on and, having weighed and measured all the additional food I ate, I still only ate just over 800 calories so I really can't be putting any weight on. I stressed so much about it that I was on the scales first thing to check. No, I didn't put any weight back on, still 11st 2lb, so phew.

I think some of this feeling is coming from the fact that the food is filling me up a little more than the exante packs do, as a result I am feeling a little fatter after having eaten. And, I guess I am just worried that eating more calories for this week will make the scales go in the wrong direction. Maybe the weekend will see me put some weight on, particularly if I don't lose any during the week, but I will just have to accept a small gain as this weekend has been planned for a very long time and I have to go. I really want to go, I am just worried about making bad food choices and so not limiting the damage.

Anyway, today and tomorrow I am back working from home so eating and cooking will be easier. The food plan for today is:

BF: Shake (already gone)
Lunch: Gooey pudding
Dinner: Sea Bass, dry fried cauli rice with spring onions and courgettes
Extra: exante bar, exante cup cake, and 100ml skimmed milk for tea

Really looking forward to the Sea Bass. I am also adding in a cup cake. In my original 6 week mixed pack I was sent the cup cake pack (of which there are 7) which I really couldn't see me using. The packs make 2 cup cakes which are around 100 calories each and I need to add in extra calories today and tomorrow to up my intake to around 1000, which I am unlikely to do on the meal I have planned. I am planning to "cook" one of the cup cake packs and have one cup cake today and one tomorrow - that's if they are edible. If not will have to come up with plan B.

Hope all you 100%ers have a good day :)

Food wise this was not a good week to decide to add extra in as the OH is working late shifts and so not eating at home. As a result I am only getting food for my self and kept to a minimum of ingredients. So now I am fed up of cauliflower rice. But, only one more day of it.

Boredom aside, all went well yesterday apart from the exante cupcake pack -bleurgh - it was revolting. I was only planning on eating one yesterday and having the other one today. Couldn't finish the first one, both gone in the bin along with the rest of the pack. When I re-order more next week they will def not be on my order.

So foodwise today. My usual breakfast shake (gone), raspberry porridge for lunch, more sea bass and cauliflower rice for dinner, 100ml milk for tea (I will miss tea next week) and a exante bar.

I still have to add in another 100m cals - not sure what form they will take yet.

Anyway, after today Saturday and Sunday we are away at the family get together and food will be totally off plan. I just hope I make good choices.

Green tea! I became a convert when I first did exante, if you make it with boiling water it will taste vile, so let the kettle boil and leave it a few mins to cool down, put the tea bag in the mug and then cover it with cold water from the tap, that will stop the tea from being bitter as green tea is more delicate and boiling water burns the leaves, I actually like green tea more then usual tea now

Oooh, so that is the secret to making green tea. For my four weeks 100% TS I swapped real tea for mint tea and I will go back to that, with some green tea thrown in now I know how to make it without the bitter taste. As a drinker of strong "builders" tea (as we call it) I will still miss tea though.

Just eaten my "lunch" of raspberry porridge. Think my taste buds have changed, much as I don't like the consistency it has always tasted ok, until today. Today it tasted really salty. I still have a couple of packs left, not looking forward to eating them.

My tastes always seem to change while I'm on exante. I just had to get rid of a load of indian daal which I loved at the start but can't stand now. Just stick to good ol' choc shake haha

Hope the plan is still going well! :)

Ok, so back from the family weekend get together. NOT a good weekend food wise. Started Saturday with a Exante bar, but then it went downhill from there. Buffet food for the rest of the day (from 2 til midnite) mainly consisting of carbs, carbs and more carbs - sandwiches, pastries, crisps going on forever. Followed by even more carbs with every variety of cake you could imagine. There was nothing there to make good choices with. So I ate from what was available. I did enjoy it and I did have a drink (or a few). Sunday, started off with good intentions - with bacon and egg for breakfast, but as the day wasn't planned (other than the drive back home) got sidetracked with lunch out and way too much dinner at home.

The bad news is I gained 3lb over the weekend and I am definitely out of ketosis (but then that was planned so that I could have a drink) :oops:
The good news is that I so definitely don't want to feel like I did after dinner last night. So, onwards and downwards. I have no major events planned until Easter so I can concentrate on 100% TS til then :)

Today I am back on the TS bus (and feel my headache starting over again) and planning to start back with exercising too.

Have dug out my old exercise dvds - thinking about doing three days this week with Davina power of 3. I can't face Jillian yet :eek: so maybe will wait til next week to start 30 day shred.

Admirable that you've jumped straight back to the diet after the weekend. From doing past diets I know it's oh so easy to keep telling myself that I'll start again 'tomorrow' once I'm off the wagon. Then tomorrow becomes the next day, then the next day, and so on...

My personal trainer keeps reminding me that 1lb of weight gain equates to around 3,500 calories. So unless you indulged in over 10,000 of extra calories over the weekend, some of your gain might be water retention from carb-loading? I know I retain water when I eat lots of gluten. Fingers crossed for you that it goes and that's reflected in your weigh in next week x

I don't think 3lb is too bad considering the water weight etc from coming out of ketosis. That'll be gone in a week! :)

Actually, a 3lb gain isn't bad at all really when you see the food that I had to choose from. And yes, I expect that most of it will be water weight.

I am back on board today. Feeling headachy and hungry this evening, but I know this will pass.

Good luck Sadie. That 3lb will be off in no time.

Well done for getting back on plan... that is what matters, not turning the odd splurge into a permanent arrangement.

The 3lbs will probably be gone by tomorrow and then you can start burning that fat again.

How are the headaches today? A lot better I hope.

Have a great day. XX

Have woken up feeling fine today with no headache in sight :)

Just need to keep up with the water today and hopefully ketosis will be back before I know it. I am trying to keep off the scales until next Monday so I don't get too disappointed it the 3lb doesn't come off straight away.

Yesterday was a a good 100% TS day but my headache ramped up by the evening :(

Looking back I stuggled to drink that much water yesterday, only managed about a 1 ltr (and about 5 mugs of mint tea) which is way too low.

Today I need to focus on getting my water intake up. Before my week off I was drinking around 3 ltrs a day (nicely measured out in 3 75ml bottles) so my aim today is to see if I can drink 3 ltrs, that way the headache might go.

You'd think drinking water was easy until you do vlcd lol!

Back