The new Marmite cereal bars!!

Hi everyone for some reason marmite sent me one through the post - maybe I am too much of a marmite fiend!!!
Am gutted that I didnt actually like it, way too chewy which is a shame as I dont ever need an excuse for marmite!!
I did pick up a pot of XO this week though so will let you know about that one :)

I have had one!!!! For some bizarre reason i got a free sample in the post today. It came in a box that said "start the day with new Marmite Toothpaste" of course i was discusted yet intrigued, however inside the box was a leaflet and a bar, saying "If you don't fancy toothpaste then how about a cereal bar instead" very clever marketing! Anyhoo, the bar itself was hated by my 5 year old (a marmite lover), loved by my mum (a take it or leave it marmiter) and i was very unsure, it just tasted a bit strange, nice flavour but with a weired texture. looks like a special k bar, but tastes of marmite. Just felt like a mind trick, didn't taste how it looked. So i suppose that was a really unhelpful post! sorry couldn't be more useful.

I bought some in Tesco this morning. I had one straight away when I got home while I was unpacking the reast of the shopping. I had a mini babybel light with it and it was DELICIOUS.
I've often thought that a savoury cereal bar would be handy and here it is! Bliss?

I am a marmite lover! I use it to do roast potatoes and I make marmite pasta! (Cooked pasta with a spoon of marmite mixed in so it coats it and then grated cheese on top and grilled a little so it melts)

I love marmite crisps and rice cakes but have to admit the cereal bar doesn't appeal. That's too strange!

I thought it tasted nice but like the poster above I wasn't fussed about the soft texture. I think something a bit crunchier would have worked better. I won't be rushing out to buy more, though I would have one if I needed a snack on the move.

Did anyway say how to make marmite chips? If they did i have missed it.......could you post again pleeeeeeease :D

I reckon it would be the same as doing marmite roast potatoes so I would say make the slimming world syn free chips as normal except just before putting the chips in the oven, use a brush to coat one side of the chips with a little marmite.

Oooh marmite chips/roasties sounds lovely!! I also like the pasta idea - I used to do this to make 'twiglets' before we weren't allowed to snack on pasta, etc that was made into crisps.

Well as the starter of this 'ere thread I should follow through and let you know my verdict on the aforementioned savoury cereal bars.....tried one today and .......drumroll.........I wasn't that impressed to be honest!! The taste was OK but it just didn't go with the texture of the bar!! I also bought a jar of the Marmite XO and it's very powerful and very very good!! I think you pay about £1 extra for the posh box it comes in- clever marketing/packaging!! But I couldn't resist and I had it with Laughing Cow XL on corn thins and it was delish!X

I am Marmite mad, I have it every day and would be lost without it.

I won the bars at my WI a few weeks ago, and tried them, and wasn't impressed at all. I certainly would never buy them, and for the syns I reckon there is always something better available.

Having said that I didn't like the Marmite cheeses either, in fact I would say they were gross!

I guess I am a purist. I can't even bring myself to buy the squeezy pot hehe.

Love Marmite. Don't like any of the spinoffs.

Hahaha.... same here!!! I'm intrigued by the XO one though.... I need a real strong hit... I have had marmite addiction in the past (pregnancy craving - both times) and got through a jar a week - 80ish pots in two years!

Love Marmite. Don't like any of the spinoffs.

Oh I have to disagree. I love the squeezy bottle! It's so much more convenient and no lid getting glued stuck to the jar needing a sledgehammer to open it!

To me it tastes just the same!

Back