Those back rolls have got to go.........

cakeordeath

Hello Everyone,

Here I'm known as cakeordeath

I started Slim and Save on the 22nd June 2013 and I've never done a VLCD before :wave_cry:
I would really appreciate any support you can offer as those back rolls have got to go.......seriously if fat feels like it's ran out of body space so it decides to hang off my back it's time to declare war on my wibble......

I've skipped a few days and I'm going to try and post as often as I can and hopefully not just "hungry......hungrier' and "angry.......angrier"......lol....

I have at least 2 stones to lose and it should probably be nearer three so may take a while....
Just to say that I have read other people's posts and diaries and have been inspired........

Cheers

Hi cakeordeath, the first week may be a struggle but you have to stick with it. Two or 3 stones will go in no time, I've more to lose than you but 3 stone has taken 10 weeks. 70 days to lose 42lbs is pretty amazing and its flown by. Be determined, stay strong & you'll be fine x

Hi cakeordeath, the first week may be a struggle but you have to stick with it. Two or 3 stones will go in no time, I've more to lose than you but 3 stone has taken 10 weeks. 70 days to lose 42lbs is pretty amazing and its flown by. Be determined, stay strong & you'll be fine x

Hello

What you have achieved is amazing ! 10 weeks....wow...I'm going to give it a good go...have you got any tips to make more bearable ?

Cheers

Hello
Why are there little rice crispy things in my chocolate shake ?.......I'm sure that question has confounded philosophers through the ages.......and why did I watch Rick Stein's India on the telly last night ?
Why am I going to the loo every five minutes.......? Why am I still hungry?
Why do I keep reading the Slim and Save booklet every five minutes like it's going to give me the answers to life's big questions.......
Still......I've ordered another months worth from SnS today and will weigh in on Saturday...

Lol! Everyone seems to love the crispy things, I hate them!

Hello

What you have achieved is amazing ! 10 weeks....wow...I'm going to give it a good go...have you got any tips to make more bearable ?

Cheers

I don't know that I'm great at advice but what I would say is firstly make sure you get through week one, its tough but much easier afterwards. Do not take days/nights/weekends off, in the 10 weeks I've been on here so many people have had events coming up and are having the weekend off and of course will be back on plan the next day. These people fall to the wayside, it sounds so easy, eat normally for a day or two, maybe low carb, its not and I hope most ladies on here would agree as some of them have done it and are still struggling to get back on track. It's just a few weeks out if your life, even if you feel hungry and your stomach is rumbling (as mine is now!) you won't die. I do still watch all the food programmes and weirdly I love cooking more than normal but I so want to be slim that somehow I'm doing ok.
Breaking all my own rules though I'm going to London tomorrow till Sunday and I'm low carbing while I'm there. I will have my porridge Monday morning though and then plan to stick to it till August when I go on holiday.
Good luck x

I don't know that I'm great at advice but what I would say is firstly make sure you get through week one, its tough but much easier afterwards. Do not take days/nights/weekends off, in the 10 weeks I've been on here so many people have had events coming up and are having the weekend off and of course will be back on plan the next day. These people fall to the wayside, it sounds so easy, eat normally for a day or two, maybe low carb, its not and I hope most ladies on here would agree as some of them have done it and are still struggling to get back on track. It's just a few weeks out if your life, even if you feel hungry and your stomach is rumbling (as mine is now!) you won't die. I do still watch all the food programmes and weirdly I love cooking more than normal but I so want to be slim that somehow I'm doing ok.
Breaking all my own rules though I'm going to London tomorrow till Sunday and I'm low carbing while I'm there. I will have my porridge Monday morning though and then plan to stick to it till August when I go on holiday.
Good luck x

Thanks porshe.........Have a great time in London and thanks for the advice..........

Hello

I forgot to say a little bit about myself when I started this diary........I'm 5ft 2'' and weigh 12 stone which is very heavy for me as I'm quite short....I'm hoping to lose up to 28lbs using Slim and Save for the first time so I am a VLCD newbie.......
I work full time and have an adult son at Uni. I need to lose weight and stop feeling sorry for myself....I need to stop hiding behind grandad cardies and baggy t shirts and excuses....
I've been astonished reading other peoples diaries by their dogged determination to lose huge amounts of weight and their generosity in terms of supporting others people with their goals.
However....I have been known to lose it completely over Lemon Puff biscuits and Battenburg cake and I'm always offering my opinion as I seem to have an opinion on everything.........

Cheers

Good luck cakeordeath 2 stone will soon come off!!! :)

Hello Fatty,
Thank you so much for stopping by and posting......I hope I lose the weight quickly........I will then have a bonfire of all of my saggy baggy black leggings......!
How are you doing ?

Thy sounds like a great plan!! I hope I can do that one day next year!!! As I have a longer journey, I need to half my body weight! Loose about 10 stone!!! So ill be here a long long time, just hope I can continue to do it!!!
But Im ok on day 3 today!!! Have a terribly noisy tummy today, which I'm trying to ignore! But I'm feeling tired today! My boss also said this morning when I walked in how tired I looked! Which was nice lol! They don't know I'm on a new diet so I just laughed and said I didn't sleep well last night, but I did I slept from bout 11-7!
Sorry for the ramble lol!!! (U won't ask me in future if I'm ok lol) sometimes nice just to let it all out as nobody else really understands!
how u doing today?!

Thy sounds like a great plan!! I hope I can do that one day next year!!! As I have a longer journey, I need to half my body weight! Loose about 10 stone!!! So ill be here a long long time, just hope I can continue to do it!!!
But Im ok on day 3 today!!! Have a terribly noisy tummy today, which I'm trying to ignore! But I'm feeling tired today! My boss also said this morning when I walked in how tired I looked! Which was nice lol! They don't know I'm on a new diet so I just laughed and said I didn't sleep well last night, but I did I slept from bout 11-7!
Sorry for the ramble lol!!! (U won't ask me in future if I'm ok lol) sometimes nice just to let it all out as nobody else really understands!
how u doing today?!

Hello Again,

I feel a bit weird calling you Fatty........! How are you finding the food pack choices.....? I started last Saturday and I haven't been to work yet so that will be interesting.....
I'm not sure I'm in ketosis yet but the sticks I bought haven't arrived and I haven't done a diet like this before so I don't know how it's supposed to feel......
I'm ok though just wondering how this can be managed long term.

Cheers

Can I butt in and say hello? I feel like a bit of an old timer here, having been around for about 9 months now. I will echo what Porshe says about life events, I did 100% up to my break week, which also happened to be Christmas, then life just got in the way. I've had periods of focus and not so focused in the 6 months since then, I've dropped another 2 stone since then, which is great really, but when I did 3 stone in under 12 weeks, that focus is better!

Things seem to have gone a little quieter on here since I was regularly posting, I will try to make more effort now - I need the support myself now I'm back into another focused period. Lovely to see new people picking up the S&S mantle and going with it, it really does work, stick with it and keep on with that water!

Can I butt in and say hello? I feel like a bit of an old timer here, having been around for about 9 months now. I will echo what Porshe says about life events, I did 100% up to my break week, which also happened to be Christmas, then life just got in the way. I've had periods of focus and not so focused in the 6 months since then, I've dropped another 2 stone since then, which is great really, but when I did 3 stone in under 12 weeks, that focus is better!

Things seem to have gone a little quieter on here since I was regularly posting, I will try to make more effort now - I need the support myself now I'm back into another focused period. Lovely to see new people picking up the S&S mantle and going with it, it really does work, stick with it and keep on with that water!
Hello noodles,
Thanks very much for stopping by........I think I will need extra reserves of focus and willpower so I'm grateful for any support available and of course to offer the same.....
Do you know what I have already realised ? How little water I used to drink because 2 + litres feels huge.....and I feel like I'm going to the loo every 30 seconds.........
Still great gains call for great sacrifices or summat like that !
Cheers

The loo thing will settle down, I see it as flushing fat out of me, helps with the annoyance factor of thinking, gosh I only went 20 minutes ago, I can't possibly have a full bladder already! Now I think of it as another shipment of fat cells waiting to leave port ;)

Hahah I'm Tia!

yeh food packs are ok! Like the choc shakes and the bars are my favourite bit of the day!
Struggling with meals I'm fussy and only got cheese and mushroom pasta! Don't like soup and don't like spicy stuff! but can't get the pasta right it either over spills are is hard!
So tonight I had to chuck half away! As now hungry and having my bar early!!
how u finding them?!
So far not had headaches and not felt too hungry, just tired is only side effect for me and the wee situation I'm going bout every half hour-hour!
I'm finding being at work ok as I'm busy it's the evenings I'm struggling! Think the weekend is gonna be the hardest!!!

Hahah I'm Tia!

yeh food packs are ok! Like the choc shakes and the bars are my favourite bit of the day!
Struggling with meals I'm fussy and only got cheese and mushroom pasta! Don't like soup and don't like spicy stuff! but can't get the pasta right it either over spills are is hard!
So tonight I had to chuck half away! As now hungry and having my bar early!!
how u finding them?!
So far not had headaches and not felt too hungry, just tired is only side effect for me and the wee situation I'm going bout every half hour-hour!
I'm finding being at work ok as I'm busy it's the evenings I'm struggling! Think the weekend is gonna be the hardest!!!

Hello Tia,

I found that if you microwave the pack in 30 second bursts and stir it it stops it coming over the sides.......I know what you mean about the weekends being more difficult but I'm realising that I often eat when I'm not hungry but because I'm bored or tired. I read on someone else's diary the statement "I am not a dog so I will not reward myself with food" and I think that is so right........
Cheers

Hahahah I like it!

Yes I've realised so far I'm a complete emotional eater! Stressful day at work I'm thinking about takeaways and sweets n chocolate!!! bored I'm thinking what can I eat! I didn't realise how much I thought about food all the while!

Hahahah I like it!

Yes I've realised so far I'm a complete emotional eater! Stressful day at work I'm thinking about takeaways and sweets n chocolate!!! bored I'm thinking what can I eat! I didn't realise how much I thought about food all the while!

I also realised in these few days that in the past I never allowed myself to feel hunger.....I have been hungry over the last couple of days and it was ok and I
dealt with it......I don't need to eat the amount of food I was used to eating......but that is how I feel now maybe in a few weeks I will be desperate for a curry???!!!

I also realised in these few days that in the past I never allowed myself to feel hunger.....I have been hungry over the last couple of days and it was ok and I
dealt with it......I don't need to eat the amount of food I was used to eating......but that is how I feel now maybe in a few weeks I will be desperate for a curry???!!!

Ha ha yes I just hope I feel how I do now in a few months still!!i previously did Lighterlife back in 2008! Did it for 4 months lost 4 stone then it all went to pot!! just need to keep going this time and get to goal!

Back